It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fish for Free in Louisiana this weekend due to Reg book screw up ! with pics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Last week the state enjoyed Free Fishing Weekend on the 7th and 8th. The new fishing regulations book on page 8 has an ad that says the Free Fishing Weekend is on June 14th and 15, - This weekend.

I called Wildlife and Fisheries and asked about this and the fellow I spoke to had no idea they had made the error. He told me it was to my good fortune. They could not fine me or anyone this weekend who has a copy of this book with them!

I have a party of 5 going down to the fishing pier to stay, camp and fish till Sunday night.

Hey Louisiana, If you missed last week and don't have or can't get a fishing license, this is your second chance!

(actually it's better to wait because they expire for the year on June30th and you'd have to buy another for the year on the 1st.)

They do have a corrected copy of this book found on the Louisiana Wildlife & Fisheries website.

Here are pics from my book, the cover and page 8.

No source unless you happen to live in Louisiana and can 1) run to Walmart, 2) grab a copy of the free 2014 Louisiana Regulations Fishing book put out by Wildlife and Fisheries, and look on page 8.

I have called the 3 major news stations in my area today and alerted them of this story, so you may see this on WVUE News 8 - the fellow I spoke to there seemed the most interested. If they get the blip out, there might be lots of kids out fishing with weekend.

To the one who made the error, i say Thanks! You did us a Great favor and I hope you don't lose your job. You could be some kids hero this weekend. They should give you a medal.
edit on 13-6-2014 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
How much are licenses there?

Adult Annual licenses here are $140 with all the extras for salt and fresh water.

I dont mind paying as the money goes towards conservation, hatcheries, poachers, etc.

Could get pricey for a family.

new topics

join