It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peace, Love, and Aneurysms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
UNITY – The mere concept makes me laugh hysterically. Then my stomach turns sour and my trachea starts to lubricate itself for an impending round of vomit. The pipe dream of idealistic flower children that died along with the movement it accompanied, the societal shift that never reached puberty. The microdot revolution that brought on the death of true journalism, and any chance of something like that ever happening again on such a massive scale.

What fueled that rebellion against authority was the malaise of the 1950′s meeting the images broadcast to their TV screen, in brilliant contrast, that beyond their sheltered existence was a bloody all too human war. Embedded reporters gave close up accounts of a world they had never seen before. The artery was weakened. They saw death in every graduating class. Many traveled half way around the world to die, others came back a twisted husk of their former selves. The artery ballooned. '___' opened their mind to “new insights” into a world that had it all wrong. It stretched. The youth were united. They protested the ways of oppression. The regime of old had run it’s course. They demonstrated, marched, and embraced counter-culture. Then… nothing.

They came down and realized that they also need to eat. That their idealistic utopia was a far fetched delusion. The same people retained power, and living on a commune kind of sucked. It burst. The Unity that drove them to truly change the world was turned to 401k’s and their children. Whom they promptly sat in front of the television.

Fast forward to today…

The lesson was learned. What is seen on TV influences behavior. What is reported by media needs to be conducive to keeping the structure secure. The old regime has not gone anywhere. In fact it is more pervasive, and complex than it has ever been. It dug itself in for a psychological approach. Media has a filter, and a matching party affiliation. TV keeps the masses nice and sedated even as the world around them is turned into a product for consumption. A world where your personal information is collected, cataloged, and sold to the highest bidder. You’re a demographic. Your a set of eyes to absorb what you see. See it enough and you’ll perceive it as truth. Don’t see it, and it becomes a non-point.

No longer will you see anything that undermines the ideal your programmed to believe. You will never see the necessity of the political process called out. One is right, one is wrong. It’s all part of this wonderful illusion called democracy. The constitution has about as much worth as the # people watch. You will no longer see the bloody soldier, Watergate style reporting, or anything else to get you truly doubting the importance of government. EVER.

Your kids won’t see it. They will never rebel in such massive numbers as the 60′s, because they wont see images shocking or disturbing enough to demand any serious change. They wont have any defining cultural movement that unites them against authority. They will be too busy supporting the same old regime… now playing in IMAX 3D.

edit on 9-6-2014 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Now what?

Very nice writing, I agree with everything you stated.
Give us, the new generation, more time, we might be short of it but we can pull it off, we just need to mature.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Brilliant rant, IMO. The one thing I might add is that our children may actually see it - up close and personal - if we do not do something about it and soon. They may very well be the victims of oppression like never before seen if the machinery of this Orwellian state is allowed to proceed.

edit on 9-6-2014 by ScientiaFortisDefendit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Thank you both for the kind words.

It just seems to be getting worse. What gets me is how in your face it is. One part flashing neon lights to captivate, and one part cocktail to numb. All to draw attention away from your rights as their replaced by conditioning and oppression.

It really reminds me of 1984 as well. Mix in some V for vendetta and we are left with a police state media faster then you can elect the next American idol. Most disturbing is people are complacent with sedation.
edit on 9-6-2014 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

I was a hippie and lived thru it all. There came a time when the general idea went like this.

Question: "Well? What are we gonna do now?(While looking at our long hair, tie-dyes and fringe).

Answer:" Cut my hair and go to work for the MAN I guess, and become an Insurance salesman in Peoria, Ill."

We had to make money. The dream never really died. It became a way of life beyond political ideals, hair, clothes and music.

But, we had to eat too.

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: spl

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
It's the idea that humans can't individually be accountable for their actions that is tearing this world apart.

No longer is it allowed to swat a misbehaving kid on his ass for mouthing off to his teacher. No longer is it allowed for a teacher to give hugs or to even touch a kid. No longer is it allowed for somebody to tell another person off without the other person crying foul. I can't be equal with a woman, they are the chosen gender. i can't be proud of my heritage, you enslaved people back when doctors thought that bleeding people would make them better and that germs were evil demons that couldn't be fought. I can't tell my government what I think about it, i'm a radical.

Too bad that educated people are starting to wake up and question the broken and corrupt system that we're in.
Everything was going according to plan too, until the Internet arrived and threw everything on its head

new topics

top topics

join