It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof god is not conservative!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This might should have gone under jokes but oh well. :p in another ATS thread some one posted this concerning the amount of habitable planets in the universe:

Doesn't matter and I don't know.
If your trying to insinuate that based on the math we're not alone in the Universe,your wrong.
Other then God, we are the highest form of intelligence out there.
Until humans develop ways to go to other galaxies and planets to sprinkle DNA of different species of plants and animals, there's nothing out there.
Just rocks and gases.
Humans RULE....

End quote.

If the poster is right then god is absolutely the most wasteful being in existence. The US government and Obama have nothing on the wastefulness of homie's god. :p

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Until I go to outer space myself, why should I believe that anything I see in the night sky is more than an elaborate hoax?

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
If humans are the highest form of intelligence out there the entire Universe must be a steaming pile of #. Give me a break. I agree OP.

If there were a god they would surely fill the universe with all sorts of diverse life - not simply stick intelligent species on a single rock.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: cosmikDebris

It's the same as the dinosaur bones. Just a trick by the devil to confuse us. Lmao

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: cosmikDebris

You're right. It's probably just a god damned projection beamed up there to look pretty.
edit on 7-6-2014 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Maybe god is the ultimate welfare queen. Made the universe, populated one planet and has been kicked back on the sofa ever since. :p

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This thread alone is proof enough of human stupidity.

What point are you trying to make exactly? Never mind, I've lost interest.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

No, dinosaur bones are very real... it's the pseudoscience behind them that is the problem.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimusSubprime

You mean the intelligent design pseudoscience ?

Pseudo science is where you have one or a group of scientists ignoring the mountain of data to push there agenda.

Creationists are a good example.

The real science that we use to fly in planes and work our microwaves isn't from psudo scientists. They use real science that can be improved upon and corrections made.

I don't have the energy right now to truely blast your statement the way it deserves to be.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

The point was how rediculous the thought that with all the 400 billion x's 400 billion stars we are the only form of life the Hebrew god made....if so he is the most wasteful creature imaginable... And I have a pretty good imagination.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I know right . . .

For a "CEO", Yahweh does seem to revel in inefficiency. Maybe he is still afloat because he received a bailout from Satan . . . That's why he has been absent from the material world for 2000 yrs. Satan is holding the world as collateral until Yahweh can pay his debt? . . . more and more Yahweh seems like a deadbeat dad!

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusSubprime

No, dinosaur bones are very real... it's the pseudoscience behind them that is the problem.

Can you give me some examples of what you accept as real dino science and what you see as pseudo dino science?

There are defiantly pseudo scientists out there, but i don't want to assume which side of the fence you sit on.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: mahatche

I literally didn't know where to start.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
If humans are the highest form of intelligence out there the entire Universe must be a steaming pile of #. Give me a break. I agree OP.

If there were a god they would surely fill the universe with all sorts of diverse life - not simply stick intelligent species on a single rock.

This specie is a work in progress and intervention by other species/beings are very low since humans are not ready yet. The quarantine is still in effect.
edit on 7-6-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: solomons path
more and more Yahweh seems like a deadbeat dad!

ATS Thread - Is God A Deadbeat Dad?

God isn't conservative or liberal.

Isaiah 55 8-9

For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
From your argument, think you mean "not a conservationist".
The conservatives and the conservationists are two different groups, and there may not be much overlap between them

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Certain areas of science are based strictly on probabilities, and this would be one of those instances. Whether one believes in God or not, they should be able to understand that we see how nature around us works, and have theories that explain many of these ideas accurately, and because of this it stands to reason that with all of the other planets in the universe there would be some where certain chemical reactions took place to create life of some kind.

Again, we extrapolate this based on what we see on our own planet. We know that space was full of all elements in various quantities, therefore probabilistically speaking these chemicals likely would have combined somewhere else. Now I can understand that if one believes God only created life on earth then there wouldn't be life anywhere else. That is straightforward, but it goes against what we see around us. In truth it does not really matter one way or the other in my opinion. What we believe will not change the truth itself.

Let's say God only created life on earth. The idea that this is wasteful is based on our observations of the world around us, and I suppose it is understandable to think this, but consider that we are basing everything on what we can see and study. We have absolutely no concrete idea about whether empty space and all these planets encompass everything there is, or what exists outside our own universe. In the grand scheme of things there could be other universes teeming with life, and thus it could work out that life is relatively well divided among these universes. Or to put it another way, what we see as empty space and as being wasteful may not be the reality of the situation.

And another point is that saying it is wasteful does not come from a scientific point of view considering science generally accepts that life likely exists outside of earth. We don't really know if it is wasteful or not. So saying it is wasteful suggests one believes that God only created life on earth. It does not make sense to claim belief in God and His having created all things and then to say He is wasteful. So it is not really a religious nor is it a scientific point of view. It is sort of a meshing of the two to come up with that conclusion.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE

You mean the intelligent design pseudoscience ?

Pseudo science is where you have one or a group of scientists ignoring the mountain of data to push there agenda.

Creationists are a good example.

The real science that we use to fly in planes and work our microwaves isn't from psudo scientists. They use real science that can be improved upon and corrections made.

I don't have the energy right now to truely blast your statement the way it deserves to be.

Then perhaps you should drink a Red Bull... it will give you wings, and then you can claim that you have evolved into a bird, much like the absurd and preposterous pseudoscience that claims that that is what happened to the dinosaurs. There isn't a whole lot of proof, if any, that creationism is true. The same can be said about evolution, because of the six types of evolution, only one of them (micro evolution) can be observed through the scientific method. The rest of it, much like religion and young earth creationism, has to be taken on faith.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: mahatche

Any thing involving ken hamms creation museum for one. Anyone pointing to one thing about evolution being proof it's all fake and the bible is the real truth. When all of history and science agree there nothing divine about it. It was written by men for men.

There are 700 people who could be considered scientists who believe in creationism while there are over 750,000 earth and life scientists who agree with evolution.....

Oh and anyone who thinks we rode dinosaurs.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

You mean like cloning and gene theropy? Most of our medical sciences are based on evolution.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join