It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitehall, MT residents: Gold in drinking water near (YELLOW STONE)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Brown explained, "She had pulled the plug to let the water out and there were glistening, gleaming little flecks." They showed us what they found -- small gold-colored flakes, right in the bottom of the sink. Brown recalled their disbelief, "That couldn't possibly be gold, huh? And I was sure it wasn't." He showed us how they are finding the flakes in their tap water and also the toilet tank. They ran multiple tests on the flakes and found one of the most precious metals on earth -- gold -- was coming out of the tap.

Source

Is there a link here to something more serious than just the gold in tap water?

any Geo's wanna give me a answer?

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The entrepreneur in me says that'd be a bottled water product that sells like hot cakes. Here's your non-alcoholic Goldschalger chaser, git yer gold-flecked $20 bottle of water!

If that's all there is in the water, I'd not worry much about it. Install a filter, collect, and sell. If there's other stuff in the water, still install a filter. Sounds to me like there's a crack in the line somewhere that's allowing in some deposits. That happens pretty much everywhere, to varying degrees. How badly depends of age of the pipes, materials, and settling/subsidence.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
That is quite curious. Especially since heavy metals in water may well be a sign of volcanism, especially with gold. It just makes me think of those deep sea vents that eject gold particles into the water, is all.

It would be interesting to hear the real reason behind this, but if it is volcanism, I can assure you that it would likely be brushed under the rug due to the location this is being reported in.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reading the comments in the link one person said only two homes are reporting this.
i wonder where they get their water? is a reservoir, creek, stream, river or drilled wells?

if it's a municipal water system, why no others.

if it's private wells drilled in their back yard, who has the mineral rights.
edit on 7-6-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: amraks
with gold being so heavy,why wouldn't it settle to the bottom of the well? If it's coming thru the pipes,what else is?

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I don't think it's from the water source as the water is filtered several times and a crack in the pipe after the filtering would show more than just gold, so it's probably from some plating coming lose and will show not to be gold, also gold is heavy and should not be possible to come all the way out.

I once had silver flakes in my water which turned out to be from a pump in the apartment building i was living in.
edit on 7-6-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Whitehall is more than 120 miles from Yellowstone park. Not really that close at all. There just isn't a whole lot in between but trees and mountains.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Montana
Whitehall is more than 120 miles from Yellowstone park. Not really that close at all. There just isn't a whole lot in between but trees and mountains.

Yes but how big is the Manga chambers under yellowstone?

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: amraks

You could have answered that yourself in less than 30 seconds on Google, but the magma chamber is about 60 miles wide and 30 miles long. It is completely contained within the borders of the park and is even further from Whitehall than 120 miles because I only measured to the park's border, not the caldera.
edit on 6/7/2014 by Montana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Our well had gold in the water in the Sac Valley Ca. We drilled into an underground stream the driller said, wonderful water but it pumped up black sand that I had to empty from the toilet tanks and it ruined appliances. The sand had gold but we didn't bother to filter and catch it back then gold was not nearly as valuable.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

You could have answered that yourself in less than 30 seconds on Google, but the magma chamber is about 60 miles wide and 30 miles long. It is completely contained within the borders of the park and is even further from Whitehall than 120 miles because I only measured to the park's border, not the caldera.

So you used a google map with out knowing where the caldera starts and finishes to measure distance to whitehall?
With out knowing where the caldera starts and ends we have no idea if this would be linked.
For all we know it could end in Whitehall not necessarily in smack bang where google marks Whitehall you have a radius to consider. some one might consider 50 miles out is still Whitehall..
edit on 7/6/2014 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Get out a map, that poster answered your question. Now look at where Whitehall is, and where the caldera is. Your question? It's been answered.
edit on 6/7/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I live here, dude. I have a good idea where things are.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Get out a map, that poster answered your question. Now look at where Whitehall is, and where the caldera is. Your question? It's been answered.

yeah but with no links to back his claims..

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I live here, dude. I have a good idea where things are.

couldn't care where you live, its not going to tell me whats below you..

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

yeah but with no links to back his claims..

I also could link you to the magma chamber map to compare with Google Earth, but at present, I think you could benefit from doing your own detective work.

And nice job thumbing your nose at someone who lives in the area. That would be like you telling me I have no idea what goes on in the Fort Myers region because I live in the Tampa region. I know my swath of the coast just as well as he knows his landlocked region, you are coming off as quite the arrogant outsider.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

No what ticks me off someone treating a outsider as if they know nothing, I am asking basically if he knows where the chambers start and end.I wonder if there could be other chambers around the area or channels he probably has no clue about.

Montana is a big area, I still don't know everything about Tasmania and that is smaller than Montana.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I've been trying the gold panning thing lately, a bucket list kind of deal.

After learning what I have about gold mining, I wish my well water would produce gold, even if it had black sand concentrates in it.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Because no one else wants to..
www.dailygalaxy.com...

18 miles wide and 55 miles long so says the U of Utah.

Maybe we should all provide our own sources and then compare

Edit:

edit on 7-6-2014 by Tucket because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket
Because no one else wants to..
www.dailygalaxy.com...

18 miles wide and 55 miles long so says the U of Utah.

Maybe we should all provide our own sources and then compare

Thanks

Hopefully a geologist can add more to this thread...

Its only 2 residents that are getting the gold in their water. I have heard that after quakes they deposit gold.

Earthquakes turn water into gold - ABC(australia)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join