It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Need more Guys like this...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Grounded by staff at his care home, Bernard Jordan faced missing out on an emotional return to the D-Day beaches. So, summoning up the spirit and determination of June 6, 1944, he hatched a cunning plan to join his old comrades in honouring the fallen.

With his medals hidden under his coat, the 89-year-old told his carers he was off for a walk. Instead he boarded a coach for France.

No corporation was paying for him to do this...he had no sponsors or lobbyists. He just did what he KNEW he had to do. And he's freakin 89.

Why doesn't America have guys like this anymore? Why do we accept the disrespectful Obama who apparently very obviously chewed gum throughout the whole ceremony, inciting the ire of the French...among others.

“Not very elegant, the Obama attitude in the middle of the ceremony,” another user said, while yet another added, “Is there anyone who will ask Barack Obama to stop chewing on his gum like a cowboy?”

This guy to me is what our country "was" about ---regardless of what the war was about .. He believed in the cause and freedom because he is a decent human being...

They're dying out and we're left with the bills and hills and barracks and boehners. Sad.

p.washingtontimes.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk... iends.html

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The KIDS like him...I guess they think of Che or some crap like that.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Maluhia

This guy is great, but why did you use this as a chance to belittle americans? We don't even have busses that go to normandy. And besides, if our vets try to leave the hospital, they get their necks stepped on until they die.

But seriously, this story will make a great movie when hollywood gets a hold of it.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
If this Vet was on the Normandy beaches on D-Day, then he has witnessed something more horrifying than can be imagined.

Likely, 99.99999999% of the people alive today, have never seen anything like it.

What a fantastic Patriot.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
His care provider should never have told him he couldn't go to such an important event. They should have enabled and assisted him on his quest. What a bunch of jerks. Good on him for keeping the spirit and rebelling against oppressing authority.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
The definition of true patriotism: willing to defy authority to do what you know is right.

We could all learn..

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
You're a tad late pal, I posted this yesterday

Put a big ass smile on my face

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Thefarmer

My apologies...normally I do a search but I didn't this time. Great story though - gotta love those geriatric jail breakers. And I agree with the earlier poster who said they shouldn't have tried to stop him, but instead should have helped him!

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

No worries it deserves to be posted twice

The man is a hero and should of been dropped off in a limo, but at least he paid his respects and is home safe and well

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thefarmer
The man is a hero and should of been dropped off in a limo ...

Did you see the staged reception he received when he returned to his prison , sorry old-age home ? :
the employees of the home nearly crushed the old guy in an over-acting rugby-scrum for the benefit of the waiting TV cameras,
( a ham-fisted bit of PR spin ) .

ph.news.yahoo.com... 5.html [see very end]
edit on 7-6-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Awesome post....... Sad that it only has a few flags.

If you ever come across a WWII Vet, especially one that partook of the D-Day Landings, stop what you are doing and listen to them for an hour or two. You won't regret it and will change your approach on life. Some of my best conversations have been with Greatest Generation soldiers. They never forget........we shouldn't either.

new topics

top topics

join