It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Police State Needs Police Who Can Shoot Straight!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Years back I used to run cops through their quals. On average they're #ing horrendous. I always mocked standard quals as being stupid easy until I started running cops through. My god they're special needs.

Currently I shoot with a bunch of cops in 3-gun and IDPA. They're consistently the worst scorers while simultaneously being the most obnoxious guys out there.

One thing isnt their fault though. Places like NYC have some ridiculous trigger pull standard of like 12 pounds. So some cops are getting equipment that very much works against good marksmanship.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

I agree with your thoughts on serving warrants. That should be resereved for only the most severe cases.

Using an AR-15 in that kind of situation is more practical then a pistol. With the correct ammunition choice the .223/.556 penetrates less then a center fire pistol round. The chance for collateral damage is actually less.

Also shorter barrel AR-15's are very manuverable in close quarters.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

I very strongly support the British constables as some of my threads show. I was planning full scale rebellion, until the surprise resignation of Gloucestershire's Chief Constable alerted me to the truth. www.gloucestercitizen.co.uk...

For several decades a multifaceted campaign has been setting the constables and the rest of the public against each other. This was intended to allow the introduction of a private police force who would serve only their paymasters.

If Tony hadn't resigned I may have ignorantly welcomed this...
www.constructionenquirer.com... www.bristolpost.co.uk...

Whoever burned down this new police firing range probably didn't consider the dangers of inadequately trained cops with guns.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

I concur.

That is not what most of the cowboys around carry when serving warrants.

I personally believe intimidation is more of a factor than practicality for a lot of these guys. It is not comforting to know that one bad shot when serving a warrant in say a mobile home can do collateral damage 1 mile down the road.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join