It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP Exclusive: Western couple held in Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

WASHINGTON (AP) — The family of a pregnant American woman who went missing in Afghanistan in late 2012 with her Canadian husband received two videos last year in which the couple asked the U.S. government to help free them from Taliban captors, The Associated Press has learned.

Now I know that the couple aren't a treasonous American soldier, but shouldn't we be doing something?

In light of recent events, I thought that this would provide some contrast to the ongoing debate.

As always, read, post, ignore. . . or sneak into people's homes and re-arrange their furniture.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
news.yahoo.com...

WASHINGTON (AP) — The family of a pregnant American woman who went missing in Afghanistan in late 2012 with her Canadian husband received two videos last year in which the couple asked the U.S. government to help free them from Taliban captors, The Associated Press has learned.

Now I know that the couple aren't a treasonous American soldier, but shouldn't we be doing something?

In light of recent events, I thought that this would provide some contrast to the ongoing debate.

As always, read, post, ignore. . . or sneak into people's homes and re-arrange their furniture.

And the ransom will be the rest of Gitmo.....

fallout

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
So I take it they have a child now as well?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
If you willfully travel into a warzone you take your own life in your hands. Don't expect a military intervention or anything like that. It's your own damn fault.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Will we see a trend? Coming in on the heels of the recent prisoner swap Obama made for Sgt Bowe #Bergdahl for 5 Taliban prisoners held in Guantanamo, we now have this. How many Talibans will this husband and wife (and their new child) be worth? Or will Obama abandon them?

Looking objectively, since Obama made the initial prisoner swap on his own without consulting Congress and this is the end of Obama's term as president, he did say that he would shut down Guantanamo. I wonder if this is his way of doing it? I don't know. This whole thing is really starting to smell bad. Something is going on and it's not what it seems, but what else is new, right?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
So what the hell were they doing in Afghanistan? Camping? The pictures of them show camping equipment. If they were out in a war zone hiking around ... then HELL NO ... no sending Taliban prisoners over to get them free. They get the Darwin Award ... (and I feel bad for the baby ... stupid parents).

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I have a friend Lala shes from Afghanistan. Her and her family regularly go at least twice a year to check on the rest of their family that can't come to America. I believe that the circumstance of the why were they there should be dictate whether or not they are worthy of Darwins award or not. War zone or not I at least know one person that would go to see their family no matter what, risky I guess it can be, stupid well I suppose again situation dictates that.

new topics

top topics

join