It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Oliver Has Broken The FCC Website

page: 1

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

John Oliver is asking the internet's worst trolls to take the "badly spelled vile" they normally pump into YouTube comments and send it the FCC's way — all in the name of net neutrality. During the most recent episode of Last Week Tonight, Oliver joined the huge chorus of critics who remain in staunch opposition to the proposed merger between Comcast and Time Warner Cable. He hammered on all the usual concerns, chiding the cable companies for their monopolistic behavior and attempts to influence lawmakers through extensive lobbying.

The Verge

After the segment, commenters flooded FCC.gov/comments bringing the site down for most of the day. The FCC released some tweets on twitter but not without some comedy from other users.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ATSmediaPRO

Social media...gotta love it.

Keep up the good work, John Oliver ..

Des

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
"I'm talking to you RonPaul2016,.." Well, so he addressed ATS directly, that's neat.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Just ordered my jar of coyote urine!

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Lol, They are getting nothing other than what they deserve. If they want to let cable company's have their way with us, let us return the favor.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Yea but jokes on 'them/us', because FCC is a government 'thing', so they will just take tax payers dollars to fix it...

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Damn, but John Oliver's good!

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
We laugh, and we accept

so sad.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
It is what it is.Good job John.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I went to the site and left my own message, " if you dicks sell off internet control to company's like Comcast and time Warner, you better start looking for a new job"......verbatim! I suggest you all do the same.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
i listened to the video early this morning. Glad to see the trolls and regular net users taking his suggestion. Will it matter to the FCC, I doubt it.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Awesome clip. I had never heard of John Oliver but i'm glad he's doing his part.

he's funny too.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ATSmediaPRO

By the time Oliver gets done he may be taking over 'The Tonight Show"!

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
We laugh, and we accept

so sad.

What do you recommend? I understand your frustration or sadness but is it a solution to simply refrain from laughing and being angry instead? Or did you have some type of action in mind? How do you Not accept it exactly? Blow someone's head off or vote or protest or what? What are you doing, sitting there being angry?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

originally posted by: VoidHawk
We laugh, and we accept

so sad.

What do you recommend? I understand your frustration or sadness but is it a solution to simply refrain from laughing and being angry instead? Or did you have some type of action in mind? How do you Not accept it exactly? Blow someone's head off or vote or protest or what? What are you doing, sitting there being angry?

No I'm not sitting here being angry, that would be as sad as sitting here and laughing!
What can we do? Well, we can stop laughing and try thinking!!!
What are you doing? Sitting there and just laughing?

new topics

top topics

join