It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Anasazi Abduction Story? Additional Petroglyphs Point to A Very Strange Happening

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Hello ATS,

I recently took a trip out west to visit various Anasazi sites such as Pueblo, Co (Cliff Dwellings); Mesa Verde, Co (Cliff Dwellings/Sun Temple); and Chaco Canyon. I spent most of my time a Chaco Canyon and camped there for two nights so I could have the opportunity to explore every site I could within that time frame. Although there was much more to see I did use my time well and was able to explore many sites within Chaco Canyon.

Here is a map for quick reference to the Chaco Canyon area:

This thread will focus exclusively on some of the petroglyphs found at areas at Campfire Circle, Una Vida and along the trailhead past Casa Chiquita along the way to Peñasco Blanco. For the sake of staying on topic I will focus exclusively on petroglyphs and not any of the structures in and around Chaco Canyon.

Before I get started, here are a couple threads available on ATS that are worth looking into:

Were the Anasazi visited by E.T's? (pics)

Research: Anasazi at Chaco Canyon knew how to open portals to parallel dimensions

So to preface, I noticed while looking through these threads and others, as well as google images of "Anasazi Aliens", I was surprised that most of the curious petroglyphs I found at Chaco Canyon didn't really appear on the web, because of this, I felt it prudent to share.

As I began traveling from site to site and viewing the petroglyphs scattered throughout the sites I noticed a common theme, particularly an image of a man holding a spiral shield with various animals around him. After only being there a few hours I recognized most animals as those indigenous to the area. So I presume it is someones ego promoting their achievements to others in hunting, or more plausible, a communication to others on what game is good for hunting in the area. You see, Chaco Canyon was clearly a cultural hub for the Anasazi and you can walk "Great Roads" connecting the various different sites, likely for trade and commerce (also understood to be of spiritual significance). In fact the Anasazi carved massive steps into the canyons to allow for easy travel by all people not just advance climbers. So to provide a message to travelers about the game available seems rather obvious. Here is an example:

It didn't take very long before I started noticing some pretty odd petroglyphs.....

Lets start at Campfire Circle, here we have a petroglyph panel that appears as a mural or a story. It should be noted that at this particular site there has been massive and I mean MASSIVE vandalism. It is this type of behavior that makes it nearly impossible to discern what that ancients could have been saying. Also credit should be given to the Park Rangers and Archeologists working hard to differentiate genuine petroglyphs from graffiti and doing what they can to restore the site.

At Campfire Circle there is a sign posted that had a picture of this panel as they believed it to be before all the vandalism and one after. I will post both pictures so you can see what the experts felt were/are original but first let me show you this little gem within the mural:

So.....I think that photo needs no introduction or explanation. I suppose the question here is; Is it authentic? Well you decide.

Here is a sketch of the entire mural thought to be original:

As you can see the spaceship is still there.

Here is what it looks like after vandalism:

Lets assume the flying spaceship object is an original. Notice the 3 rings which appear as exhaust and some type of light out the front (nose). Even curiouser still is what appear to be some type of destruction to the land and trees in front as though whatever is coming out the front is potentially destructive, I'll leave that for the readers to decide.

Pretty cool right? Just wait, it gets creepier still.....

Cont. post 2 to discuss Una Vida site and trailhead to Peñasco Blanco.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Una Vida is located about 1.4 mile hike adjacent to the Visitor Center. Just past Una Vida is a small grouping of petroglyphs and as a side note, the only place in all of Chaco Canyon (that I saw) that had 13 holes (13 full moons?) carved in a circle with notches through it like you would find at Fajada Butte (archeoastronomy) …...moon calendar? Hmmmm.....anyways..

A little tidbit on Fajada Butte:

In 1977 the artist Anna Sofaer visited Chaco Canyon as a volunteer recording rock art. There she recorded petroglyphs on Fajada Butte at what is now called the Sun Dagger site, now perhaps the most famous site in Chaco Canyon, located at a southeastern facing cliff near the top of Fajada Butte. She noted three large stone slabs leaning against the cliff which channel light and shadow markings onto two spiral petroglyphs on the cliff wall. On her second visit she saw a "dagger of light" bisecting one of the spirals.[3] At about 11:15 AM. on the summer solstice a dagger-shaped light form pierces the larger of the two spirals (Sofaer, Zinser and Sinclair 1979, p. 285). Similar sun daggers mark the winter solstice and equinoxes [Sofaer, Zinser and Sinclair 1979, p. 286] At one extreme in the moon’s eighteen- to nineteen-year cycle (the lunar minor standstill), a shadow bisects the larger spiral just as the moon rises; and at its other extreme, nine-and-a-half years later (the lunar major standstill), the shadow of the rising moon falls on the left edge of the larger spiral.(Sofaer, Sinclair and Doggett 1982, p. 43) In each case these shadows align with pecked grooves (Sofaer and Sinclair 1987, pp. 48 – 59). Due to the slabs settling, the "dagger of light" does not cross through the center of the spiral anymore during the summer solstice.[4]

Fajada Butte Wiki

Here is a pick of the carving I seen NOT AT FAJADA BUTTE!

Make no mistake this is essentially what is found at “Sun Dagger” atop of Fajada Butte.

Back on topic.....

Here we see yet another grouping of strange glyphs:

I present this photo because you begin to see a theme of some entity coming out of, or from some type of portal. Notice the spiral energy and the squiggly line connecting this entity. Pretty strange.

Now lets take a look at what to me appears to be a classic abduction story told in rock carvings.

Leaving Una Vida and traveling along Chaco Canyon (luckily by car to the entrance of another trailhead leading to Peñasco Blanco) The trail to Peñasco Blanco is a long one that twists up and around the canyon to the top. As you travel this 6 mile path (total hiking time took about 9 hours with many stops and photos) you also come across the “Supernova Pictrograph”which is pretty cool and seems to indicate a recording of a star exploding at night. Here is a quick photo of that too.

Now moving on to some high strangeness.

So along this road from Casa Chiquita to Peñasco Blanco I came across this little gem, and by little I mean BIG in every meaning of the word.

It is a huge mural that required two shots to be able to see it and clear enough. Here are the originals and than I took the liberty of coloring them in to make it more clear.

And here I put them together and colored them in:

Here is the right side separated by color. I originally assumed it was reading right to left but now I think it should be left to right.

But here it is:

I think it is VERY important to note that again we see the spiral and squiggly pointing to or connecting these demon like entities. Further this image appears as though some entities are pulling up a human into a bird or flying craft. Also note that the man all the way to the right/bottom has a middle appendage between his legs. In petroglyphs found in Hawaii you will see a similar petroglyph which is understood to be a birthing ritual. Where when a woman gives birth the umbilical cord is left on the rocks overnight. If it is still there in the morning the baby has been blessed with good fortune and if its gone it is a bad omen and the mother gives the baby to the community for adoption.

So with that in mind I propose this is a birthing story but one not exactly of this world or dimension. Also, if you look all the way to the left you see an man holding a “snake” with little people supporting his arms and legs. Perhaps they were trying to fend off these entities but were unable to prevent an abduction. I don't know ATS but something here is awfully strange.

What are your thoughts?

edit on 3-6-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Interesting .. and great job with the pics .. always wondered why the anasazi vanished had heard a few theories to it ... looking at the pics it could provide further clue as to why they suddenly vanished ..
S&F
edit on 3/6/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I think as cool as petroglyphs are, imagination will always be tainted by confirmation bias. You see what you want to. The spiral could be anything. A shield, the sun, or otherwise. It may have well been a symbol for something very mundane (and firmly representative) of something here on earth. You just don't know without the Anasazi to English rosetta stone. As most of these are representations of humanoid figures and animals my confirmation bias concludes that all seen is equally as boring and earthbound.
edit on 3-6-2014 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Interesting .. and great job with the pics .. always wondered why the anasazi vanished had heard a few theories to it ... looking at the pics it could provide further clue as to why they suddenly vanished ..
S&F

As to why the vanished, although there appear to be a lot of theories, spending time there and seeing just how involved the entire site really is no doubt 100's of thousands of Anasazi lived there, leads me to believe it wasn't out of choice. Alien theory I'm not so sure because when you look at the structures like Pueblo Bonito and Peñasco Blanco and take a look at the remaining wood still intact (from the constructed floors, risers and supports, you notice the cores are blackened and charred.

Perhaps they abandoned because of drought but it appears as though their fortifications were under siege. IMHO.

I have pics of all that as well but still need to go through them and sort them by site and reference.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33
I think as cool as petroglyphs are, imagination will always be tainted by confirmation bias. You see what you want to. The spiral could be anything. A shield, the sun, or otherwise. It may have well been a symbol for something very mundane (and firmly representative) of something here on earth. You just don't know without the Anasazi to English rosetta stone. As most of these are representations of humanoid figures and animals my confirmation bias concludes that all seen is equally as boring and earthbound.

That very well may be the case, but after seeing so many petroglyphs there, many as you say make perfect sense and completely logical while others are clearly trying to explain something entirely different. As for "confirmation bias", I didn't go there to find aliens, I went there to connect with the ancients and see life as they saw it. I was fully aware of the alien connection and the LAST thing I expected to see was said aliens. So if anything that argument would lend credibility to the theory that perhaps they DID have some type of supernatural experience.

I personally still don't think there is direct proof of anything....if you actually read the thread, I am only sharing some of the more curious glyphs I found and my thought on the, "what if's".

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Here is a picture of a petroglyph I took in Hawaii last year. As you can see there is a 3rd appendage presumably for a birthing ritual. What's interesting still, is that these two sites are separated by over 3,000 miles and much of that water.....yet such similarity in their drawings. *scratches head*

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Your thread strengthens my resolve to want to tour and visit this site myself.

Immediately after hearing about your trip - I hit the internet to see if there were any areas in Michigan itself to explore. I was surprised to find, and I never knew this! There is! In Sanilac Country in the thumb of Michigan. Now I'm on my husband about taking one of our camping trips there - and explore the site! Very inspirational. Someday - my children will be grown and my husband and I will walk the same Chaco Canyon trail that you did!

From my perspective, frame of experiences - I see a connection to a spiritual or other world and evidence of the same phenomenon we too experience this very day! They were experiencing it too! Then. They may have called these entities kachina's and deities and such... and today we say UFO's and aliens - people seeing non - human entities - portals. It's just so... obvious.

At least it is, to me.

CdT

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Good job, Ros! S&F!
The Anasazi vanishing without a trace has always fascinated me. I lived just outside of Prescott, Arizona for a time, and was able to see many sites. I was amazed by the similarities of their petroglyphs , those here in Idaho and others around the world. It's almost as if there was a universal language that has been lost to humanity.
Looking at the 'spaceship', to me it resembles more a portal through which the gods placed man and animals on earth. The portal may have become smaller, so the majority of humans only access/find it at the moment of death.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

oh I get you. I wasn't speaking of you specifically. You did not make any such jumps. It was more a commentary that reading glyphs and relating them to a modern interpretaion is highly flawed. What I call the "Tsoukalos delusion."

No offense intended toward your OP. I have done much glyph hunting myself in and around Phoenix (Hohokam). I just remember everyone with me saw something different all reflective of a preexisting view.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: CirqueDeTruth
Your thread strengthens my resolve to want to tour and visit this site myself.

Immediately after hearing about your trip - I hit the internet to see if there were any areas in Michigan itself to explore. I was surprised to find, and I never knew this! There is! In Sanilac Country in the thumb of Michigan. Now I'm on my husband about taking one of our camping trips there - and explore the site! Very inspirational. Someday - my children will be grown and my husband and I will walk the same Chaco Canyon trail that you did!

From my perspective, frame of experiences - I see a connection to a spiritual or other world and evidence of the same phenomenon we too experience this very day! They were experiencing it too! Then. They may have called these entities kachina's and deities and such... and today we say UFO's and aliens - people seeing non - human entities - portals. It's just so... obvious.

At least it is, to me.

CdT

Even after just being at Chaco Canyon, I am already eager to return. Me thinks, this may have to be a group trip.

I have an amazing story to tell about my experience to and at the Cliff Dwellings in Pueblo, Co. It was very spiritual in nature and wasn't just noticed by me. But at the end of the day, my friend and I recounted the collective strange happenings that day and that if we had made one decision at the beginning of the trip, i.e. convertible over SUV would have changed our path entirely. She also noted that at first she thought she was a part of the "synchronistic" experience, than quickly realized she was watching these things were unfolding around me, as if drawn towards me.

Long story short, had I not gotten the SUV I wouldn't have been able to fit my friends in my rental and they would have taken their own. During the trip to Pueblo we got got in a serious hailstorm and I saw a biker on the side of the road trying to protect his head with his arm. I pulled over and let him in until the storm passed and he was eternally grateful. Had we all not been in the same car I might not have stopped because I wouldn't want to lose my traveling partners. Had that event not happened we would have arrived at least 20 minutes earlier and I wouldn't have been there at the cave dwellings at the right place and time to catch a 2 year old little girl from falling down a wooden latter within the cave dwellings.

That is but a small taste of my collective experience. Words can't even express the enlightenment I received from this trip.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
Good job, Ros! S&F!
The Anasazi vanishing without a trace has always fascinated me. I lived just outside of Prescott, Arizona for a time, and was able to see many sites. I was amazed by the similarities of their petroglyphs , those here in Idaho and others around the world. It's almost as if there was a universal language that has been lost to humanity.
Looking at the 'spaceship', to me it resembles more a portal through which the gods placed man and animals on earth. The portal may have become smaller, so the majority of humans only access/find it at the moment of death.

Thanks nugget! I can see what you mean about the spaceship being a portal itself, I guess what throws me off is the area in front of it appears to be something akin to downed trees and looking just below that is a deer of sorts but it appears laying down or dead. Than there is a vertical line perhaps separating life and death but in reality it appears like a canyon in-between two mountains represented by the jagged cut in that dissects the two halves. Every animal to the left is dead and all the animals to the right are alive and running with a hunter in chase.

Almost as if life on one side of the canyon came to a halt by some craft with propulsion and a front end laser..

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Great thread, Ros! S&F

Very interesting place. I don't know much about these so I'll not comment to avoid showing my ignorance... that, and I just woke up from a 1.5 nap, which is all the sleep I've had since yesterday afternoon. So, you see, my brain isn't functioning at it's full capacity right now.

Thanks for sharing the pics. I love seeing new things like this.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I suggest that petroglyphs that have squiggles and spirals among other things and demon like figures in them, are the result of the "artist" having taken hallucinagenics. Whether it was mushrooms or peyote or similar.
This could explain why there are similar 'glyphs in different parts of the world.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

I have experienced supernatural events without the benefit of aid through natural medicines that facilitate a connection between this world and the 'spirit' world.

So while, that may be answer enough for some - it is not for me...

CdT

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

oh I get you. I wasn't speaking of you specifically. You did not make any such jumps. It was more a commentary that reading glyphs and relating them to a modern interpretaion is highly flawed. What I call the "Tsoukalos delusion."

No offense intended toward your OP. I have done much glyph hunting myself in and around Phoenix (Hohokam). I just remember everyone with me saw something different all reflective of a preexisting view.

No offense taken, in fact, I was hoping my reply post would give you pause and reexamine the material within. Seeing how you have done some trekking yourself, surely you must have noticed one or two odd petroglyphs that can only be expressed through song... *strikes a chord* "One of these things are not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong...." *ends melody*

I'm all for a rational explanation but when you see spaceships destroying entire mountainsides and some creepy creature stringing you into a "bird" it certainly makes you wonder.

Out of curiosity, how would you describe the images above? Thanks in advance.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
I suggest that petroglyphs that have squiggles and spirals among other things and demon like figures in them, are the result of the "artist" having taken hallucinagenics. Whether it was mushrooms or peyote or similar.
This could explain why there are similar 'glyphs in different parts of the world.

I have had countless strange happenings in my life without the use of anything mind altering. Of course those experiencing were meant for me and anyone touched by them at the time but might very well be lost on you or anyone not experiencing the same.

I feel it is akin to manifestation. Meaning, if one doesn't really believe, one doesn't really experience. It doesn't mean the person manifesting the experience is creating it in their head, rather, the openness of the heart and mind allows for this energy to manifest itself. Sure, there are plenty of examples all over the world where substances are used but that isn't an end all. There are many ways to enlightenment....

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

Then why did ancient people all over the world, with no way to connect to each other, have such similar 'visions' while under the influence? A 'collective consciousness', 'universal knowledge', another dimension?
Some how, we seem to be missing a very important piece of the puzzle.
edit on 200000011America/Chicago301 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

First off, vandalism at these sites really ticks me off.

The "mountain scene" - the one glyph I can see as out of place is the "spaceship". The animals are all moving away from it. It reminds me of the "thunderbird", as depictions of this usually included a similar motif of "run away". However the form doesn't fit any thunderbird representation in existence. Of course the previous is taking on assumption it's part of the original. If it is, very strange. But with so much added "glyphs" I can't determine anything for certain or if this is not a simple mountain scene.

The lower one (colored) reminds me of their deities/sky spirits/animal spirits. Perhaps it's showing an ascending order of importance or chronological history. Maybe the placement is random, or perhaps it is a family tree of sorts for their pantheon of sky gods.
edit on 3-6-2014 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

First off, vandalism at these sites really ticks me off.

The "mountain scene" - the one glyph I can see as out of place is the "spaceship". The animals are all moving away from it. It reminds me of the "thunderbird", as depictions of this usually included a similar motif of "run away". However the form doesn't fit any thunderbird representation in existence. Of course the previous is taking on assumption it's part of the original. If it is, very strange. But with so much added "glyphs" I can't determine anything for certain or if this is not a simple mountain scene.

The lower one (colored) reminds me of their deities/sky spirits/animal spirits. Perhaps it's showing an ascending order of importance or chronological history. Maybe the placement is random, or perhaps it is a family tree of sorts for their pantheon of sky gods.

I agree with the vandalism part!!
It was so disheartening to see and to the extent it was. So it must be taken with a grain of salt. As for the deities in the sky, fortunately they were high enough and out of reach to visitors so can certainly be taken as authentic.

Both potential explanations by you seem plausible and worth examining. Thanks for that.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join