It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Trying To Be Ok

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I went through a similar situation with my father a few years ago. My thoughts and prayers go out to you, I know this is a difficult time for you. You need to take care of yourself, the effects of stress will take their toll on you if you don't.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

I've always liked you Snarky. Now I know why.
Thank you for adding your positive vibes to the mix. The good news is that they moved him from CCU today to a regular room. At this point, I can only look at the bright side. I know the dark side will be here soon enough... I will just have to deal with that when the time comes.

He said he looked like a cast member from The Walking Dead today. It broke my heart, but made me giggle as well. That's my dad... always ready with the sarcasm. If anyone ever wondered where I got it from,., there's the answer.

It appears he still has some fight left in him. I don't know how much, but I guess he will know.

I can't imagine losing my parents at such a young age. I am sorry that you did. It's hard enough to deal with, without being a child on top of it.

I thank you for your words. They do help. I am surprised by how much everyone here has helped. Your words and the others here have given me comfort whether you realize it or not.

I will never forget that. Thank you.

a reply to: wulff

The hurt you must have been feeling is unimaginable. I am glad that my words helped in a small way, as your words meant a lot to me. I think we underestimate the effect we can have on other people quite often. It isn't until you reach out and help another, that you realize that you can be something to someone else.... big or small. We are not aware of our "ripple effect" I don't think.

I'm always here if you need me. Don't hesitate to u2u me anytime.

a reply to: smcneil01

I'm sorry you are having to experience that. It's a difficult thing to watch, and unless someone has had to do it... they can't fully understand how difficult.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers and I will return that kindness back to you. I pray that you have the strength that you will need to face what lies ahead. Let me know if you ever need to talk. It's easy to let the outside world fall away during things like this... I know. It's what I catch myself doing all too often. We need to learn to reach out before that happens, so the loneliness we feel will not overtake us.

As I have said many times in this thread... I'm here if you need someone to pull you out of the loneliness you might feel from time to time during this. I'll be more than happy to listen and try to dissipate those feelings if you ever need it.

a reply to: meemaw

Thank you for your kind words. The stress will indeed eat you alive if you're not careful. I am sorry about your father. I do often wonder if it would be easier to lose someone without expecting it, or if it is better to know it is coming. After thinking about it, I am not sure losing a loved one would be eased by either of those options.

On one hand you do get to say goodbye. On the other hand, you have to watch someone suffer and waste away before your eyes.

I think in either circumstance, we would come out feeling cheated in one way or the other. To have love for someone is great and with that loving, there is always the risk of great hurt.

I guess that's why the old saying that it is better to have loved and lost, than to never love at all is pretty accurate.
edit on 6/3/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I am truly sorry that you and your family are going through this. My grandmother passed on about 5 years ago in the same manner. She was constantly in and out of the hospital until the last time she went in. She was in for a bout 6 months that last time until she finally gained the freedom of the afterlife. I remember how hard it was to see her in pain constantly and I remember just wanting it all to stop. I would pray for a her swift and painless ascent constantly because I don't feel like people should have to suffer so much just to prologue the inevitable. I will keep you and your family in your prayers.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
reux, my Ex (who I'm still living with) is in the hospital. Might have been a mini stroke and blockage somewhere. More tests tomorrow.
I know he doesn't love me anymore, but before I left the hospital I said I love you and kissed him on the cheek. So sad.

To anyone here suffering for any reason, I am here for you. Just a PM away.

To any who is willing to pray or send positive vibes for Mark. I appreciate it!!!!!!

Didn't mean to take over your thread K but I know you understand and don't mind. HUGS!!!!!!

I'll be thinking of you too, praying, and sending good thoughts your way

Sorry to hear about your ex---regardless of being an 'ex', you two had spent time together --and still are--and will always have that bond, that connection, so I'm glad you told him you love him
There's many different kinds of 'love'

Wish for Mark to have a speedy recovery, as best that he can that is

My husband had a heart attack a few years ago [2 stints] and is doing great [ornery as hell. LOL ], so here's positive vibes for him & his test results

Let us know how it goes for Mark

Hang in there and take care~
snarky

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

He said he looked like a cast member from The Walking Dead today. It broke my heart, but made me giggle as well. That's my dad... always ready with the sarcasm. If anyone ever wondered where I got it from,., there's the answer.

If he's still got his sense of humor, that is definitively a good sign!!!!
So glad to hear it

Sounds like he's a fighter, that's good
Hope he gets better over time

Keep us posted
If you ever want to talk, don't hesitate, just send a u2u

Still praying for you and your Dad
(((((HUGS)))))

snarky

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hi Night... Just checking in with you about your ex. I am hoping he/you got some good news. Let us know how he is doing when you get a minute or two and if you don't mind.

I just had it on my mind is all. Hopefully everything is a-ok.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
He has been home and will be getting physical therapy soon. He has a doctor's appointment today. Thanks so much for asking Honey!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join