It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banned: 50 to 100 Drugs by US FDA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

... [one] drug removed was the antihistamine carbinoxamine, which was created prior to needing FDA approval, in the early 1950s. It was approved by the FDA in a slightly modified form in 2006. It is now sold exclusively by Mikart, Inc and Pamlab, LLC with no future competition because the FDA has banned all 120 other versions of carbinoxamine

www.techdirt.com...

Is big pharma like Mikart, Inc to blame? The majority puts the rulers in power, not Mikart, Inc. The majority put Obama in power. And the majority are perfectly happy with the bannings. "My Body, FDA's choice." Both Republicans and Democrats believe that. You can't decide what to put in your body... that is the collective's job. The FDA is somehow more trustworthy than the average person, who by definition of majority rule, is supposed to be exactly who the government is... a bunch of people who represent the average person.

This is not a problem with Mikart, Inc and this is not a problem with the government. This is a problem with the majority of people being pushy little tyrants who hide in the voting booth using it as a shield from responsibility from what is normally considered extreme criminal behavior with a long prison term. If you or I go around shutting down drug manufacturing "because I think it is unsafe" we would go to prison very fast for trespassing, destruction of property, and a host of other offenses. But when the government does it its okay... because its the government. Its a basic morality problem. The vast majority of Americans think its a civic duty to commit what is normally a crime as some sort of routine. If people were to realize that its no more right for a government to shut down a manufacturing plant as any other person, then what we create to put into our body would be our own choice instead of someone else's. When the collective has more rights than individuals, we all suffer.

The people have given Mikart, Inc a very strong incentive, hundreds of millions of dollars, to get their competition banned. Take away the right to ban competition, and you take away the incentive for "crony capitalism" which ultimately rests on a foundation of what is the dictionary definition of communism: government control over means of production. Take away that control and you take away "crony capitalism" because big pharma no longer has the power to commit what is normally a crime: forcing competition at gun point if necessary to shut down production. The FDA will do that if necessary, and they have threatened to do exactly that as my previous post shows.
edit on 30-5-2014 by wayforward because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2014 by wayforward because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The entire history of the FDA is centered around crony capitalism and the government interceding for big business to shutdown competition. Just look at marijuana, banned to promote the paper industry since hemp was poised to just blow them out of business. This is what the government does. Put people in prison with the stroke of a pen.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Hmmm. So a natural statin drug is in oyster mushrooms. I got lots of those around here on the dead poplar trees. And I don't need to take meds to lower my tryglycerides, I just need to eat more fish or fish oil. Got a bottle of cod liver oil, it tastes like cod liver oil....I would rather eat some fish.

The drugs that seem to be banned most are antihistamines and ones that speed things up in the body. Is this an old article?

Now we have to question why they were banned, probably because they want us to use newer versions that have new patents on them. Many drugs we used to use were better than the ones on the market now. hydrogen peroxide then Iodine works better on cuts than triple antibiotic ointment, the cut heals quickly instead of dragging on for days. When I had my teeth pulled, the gums wouldn't heal no matter what meds they gave me, so I put some old mercuracrome on them and they healed up in three days. I gotta find some more of that stuff, it was not banned, only one company is allowed to make it because so many people got messed up from the medicine being produced wrong by companies...to make a quick buck.
edit on 30-5-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Just look at marijuana, banned to promote the paper industry since hemp was poised to just blow them out of business.
Not really. It was more of a racial thing with Anslinger.

There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz and swing, result from marijuana usage. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers and any others.

The hemp industry was doing just fine without going into the paper business.
www.hemphasis.net...

edit on 6/1/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join