It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

Someone answer this question for me:

The US is still the #1 consumer for petroleum and that makes us #1 in the world economy but who gets to decide what parameters determine a country's status vs other countries? I mean if oil/ petroleum consumption determines how strong a country's currency is then who gets to decide that? The reason for my question is that if fossil fuels are ruining the world climate(s), then why can't these people in charge set a new precedent for a currency's strength; one that isn't based off consumption of fossil fuels?

I know it must be some International group or something, just curious...What says ATS?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Probably the same people spreading the climate bs.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Good question. Germany is actually close to 70-75% reliance at certain times on renewable energy and nuclear. They have a strong economy and with that reliance on renewables, their fossil fuel consumption is down a little bit. Does that mean the economy is weaker? And what about countries with better rail and mass transport systems, like Japan for instance. Does that mass transportation increase, decrease their economic ranking?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

The US is not the number one economy in the world.
I would think China and India are.
The US are just the ones not wanting to get away from it while controlling the petrol and oil market.

Many people want solar and FREE energy...there is no money in that so the charade keeps going.

Remember why the US went to Iraq both times and it might become clearer.

To be honest...if the oil market crashed it might be catastrophic in that alot of people's quality of life will go down dramatically because of it.

Its too complex for me to think about but there is my opinion.
(not a humble opinion...if I was humble,I would just STFU)

I think this is an economical question that I am not qualified to answer.

edit on 30-5-2014 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

The US are just the ones not wanting to get away from it while controlling the petrol and oil market.

Many people want solar and FREE energy...there is no money in that so the charade keeps going.

The US has the highest GDP (16.9 T) in the world but the Chinese (9.1 T)are trying to catch up. Source

There is no charade in "Solar Energy" if you can afford it go and buy the equipment and get all the "Free" energy you want. I think you will find the cost of equipment to harvest the sun will pay for quite a few years of electricity. They don't sell enough yet to get mass production and bring cost down. But when they do I will whip out the wallet and pony up.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I do not think any one is on Top. Hanging on for dear life if you ask me! Here we have the so-called Powers who know time is running out on them and still continue to look the other way.

I think the need for gas, coal to power everything is leading us down a very dark path. Solar and Wind Energy still depend on a charging system and that has not been changed since the battery was invented. One would think some Brain would come along and have an Idea, might have yet who's going to fund their Idea!

We use way to much elect, burn gas like its gonna be there forever, and think nothing of it. Yet when a sinkhole happens, Oh My! What do you think holds the ground under your feet, dirt? Shame people complain about Wind Power, even go to great pains to put a stop to it.

If we as a whole don't work togetter and find another way of doing things soon. It will be to late to change anything since all the oil and coal is used up. Then its a race to take what is left from another, say Hello To War! Thats if say we still have any water left.

Rest knowing the 1% are working on this very problem since they are in the same Boat with Us! One does hope so anyways!

Peace

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

Remember why the US went to Iraq both times and it might become clearer.

To be honest...if the oil market crashed it might be catastrophic in that alot of people's quality of life will go down dramatically because of it.

Its too complex for me to think about but there is my opinion.
(not a humble opinion...if I was humble,I would just STFU)

I think this is an economical question that I am not qualified to answer.

I mean number one in terms of being the World's reserve currency.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Youre talking about the petrol dollar and be prepared for it to change.

The recent deal china and russia have struck all but ensures the petrol dollar's decline.

I hate to say it, but I honestly think we are on the precpice of the amero.
edit on 31-5-2014 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots
Youre talking about the petrol dollar and be prepared for it to change.

The recent deal china and russia have struck all but ensures the petrol dollar's decline.

I hate to say it, but I honestly think we are on the precpice of the amero.

Currency for the American Union? I can see that happening. Scare the masses into forming a Union or face utter financial collapse and hardship. Maybe that's the plan.

new topics

top topics

join