It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lemons: The quintessential cancer destroyer and all-around health tonic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I always have lemon in water and love fresh squeezed lemonade but have to admit, I never have considered eating the peeling

Jammed packed with nutrients, this upbeat fruit is a cost-effective way to trim down, detoxify and boost vitality. Lemons also conceal a little known health secret - that is, by enjoying the entire fruit (juice, rind, pith and seeds), we can strongly discourage cancer, bone loss, hypertension and more.

Inexpensive gateway to health

It is good to hear about natural ways to help our overall health

Many are familiar with the famous lemon detox diet and have reaped the benefits of the protocol, such as glowing skin, better digestion and a slimmer body. However, few are aware that lemons are also an exceptionally potent treatment for thrush, parasites and calcium stones in the urinary tract.

Ways that lemons can help:

-Regulate blood pressure
-Treat acne
-Alleviate depression, stress and anxiety
-Possess antibacterial and antiviral properties

Don't trash the peel
"Before tossing the lemon peel once the juice has been extracted, consider this: the rind contains up to 10 times the vitamins and bioactive compounds of the juice itself. The peel also impedes tumor proliferation according to a study published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry.
Likewise, research in the journal of Nutrition and Cancer found a striking reduction of squamous cell carcinoma in those who ingested citrus peel, compared to participants who only consumed the juice. The team believes these findings are due to the concentration of d-limonene oil in citrus fruit rinds - a known inhibitor of breast, lung and colon cancers."

Guess it's time to try a little peel...

edit on 29-5-2014 by snarky412 because: added more content

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
lots of my friends do this and i tried it , its great , i cut the lemon in half squeeze them in to a 1 Ltr bottle of water and then cut the rest into small peaces, put them in the bottle, wait for an hour and the consume the whole Ltr during the day , and also like to eat the peeling too but i didnt know that it has anything to do with cancer , thanx for sharing.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

The peel is good grated through cakes and in jams. Here's a site with loads of recipes and links for recipes that you can try.

Interesting article, S&F

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412
I always have lemon in water and love fresh squeezed lemonade but have to admit, I never have considered eating the peeling

Jammed packed with nutrients, this upbeat fruit is a cost-effective way to trim down, detoxify and boost vitality. Lemons also conceal a little known health secret - that is, by enjoying the entire fruit (juice, rind, pith and seeds), we can strongly discourage cancer, bone loss, hypertension and more.

Inexpensive gateway to health

It is good to hear about natural ways to help our overall health

Many are familiar with the famous lemon detox diet and have reaped the benefits of the protocol, such as glowing skin, better digestion and a slimmer body. However, few are aware that lemons are also an exceptionally potent treatment for thrush, parasites and calcium stones in the urinary tract.

Ways that lemons can help:

-Regulate blood pressure
-Treat acne
-Alleviate depression, stress and anxiety
-Possess antibacterial and antiviral properties

Don't trash the peel
"Before tossing the lemon peel once the juice has been extracted, consider this: the rind contains up to 10 times the vitamins and bioactive compounds of the juice itself. The peel also impedes tumor proliferation according to a study published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry.
Likewise, research in the journal of Nutrition and Cancer found a striking reduction of squamous cell carcinoma in those who ingested citrus peel, compared to participants who only consumed the juice. The team believes these findings are due to the concentration of d-limonene oil in citrus fruit rinds - a known inhibitor of breast, lung and colon cancers."

Although nothing is a cure all, lemons are indeed very good for you. Add prevention of the most common type of kidney stone to the list. Even my mainstream M.D. urologist recommends drinking lemon juice for prevention of stones.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Most fruit peel contains anti-fungal compounds to protect the fruit and the outer coating of the seeds contain anti-fungal chemicals to protect the seed. This is the same with most all fruits and many vegetables and even flowers. The fact they are anti-cancer indicates that cancer is fungal in nature.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Ever since I was a kid I always enjoyed eating the skin of the orange and lemons. Never knew why, but I guess my body did. You know how they say you eat weird stuff because you are craving the nutrient inside. I'm thinking thats why a lot of us instinctively eat it even as kids.

I'm going to infuse more lemon into my diet. Simple thing to do each day that can actually have an impact.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I haven't tried it, but I wonder if you can put the whole lemon through a juicer? Has anyone tried?

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

If you're going to do anything with the peel other than throw it away, make sure you use organic produce from a trustable source. Citrus fruits particularly, are prone to retain high concentrations of pesticides and other toxins on their exterior that don't wash off as easily as they do from an apple or pear or grapes etc.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 5/29/2014 by yeahright because: clarity

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Were it my choice, just about everything would be lemon-flavored. Though I don't consume the pith or the seeds, the juice/fruit and zest go in about half of the food I make (and I make all of my own - no buying prepared foods). This is wonderful news - I'll try to find ways to use the pith next. I know you can candy it, but somehow I think sugar could drain the benefit from them, as it does everything.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Good thread Snarky, have a go at freezing the lemons and then grating the whole fruit over food!

Grating Whole Frozen Lemons Trick

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12

Good thread Snarky, have a go at freezing the lemons and then grating the whole fruit over food!

Grating Whole Frozen Lemons Trick

Thanks for the link....

Will give it a try

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Not trying to be the jerk in the thread ..

But now its lemons ?

I here so much like vitiman C,B ,T for tumeric ....baking Soda?

Papaia seeds..... Ect ext...

Has their been any significant research on any of these ?

I just don't want people to have a false hope..

Not saying none of this "can't help " I am sure it can..

Sorry for the rant I just lost my step uncle today to lung cancer..

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere
Not trying to be the jerk in the thread ..

But now its lemons ?

I here so much like vitiman C,B ,T for tumeric ....baking Soda?

Papaia seeds..... Ect ext...

Has their been any significant research on any of these ?

I just don't want people to have a false hope..

Not saying none of this "can't help " I am sure it can..

Sorry for the rant I just lost my step uncle today to lung cancer..

So sorry to hear about your step-Uncle

It appears from the article that some researchers have been doing a study and have determined that lemons actually are good for a person's health--all parts of the lemon
Now, I don't know about relying totally on eating lemons to keep cancer at bay but studies do show promising results in some people

The way I look at it, it can't hurt....kinda like the ol' apple a day thingy
I'm all for natural foods that are good for you anyway so this I'll add to my list
Along side Apple Cider vinegar, raw honey, organic cinnamon, black strap molasses etc....LOL

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Indeed thank you . He did it to himself by smoking for many years
I just wish their was SOLID proof you know.
Something we can say "yeah its 100% efective .. a reply to: snarky412

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I make my pure lemon enfused rum drink every day..
good for the body and mind......

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Lot of good stuff in lemons. Limes are a little different but possess many of the same properties. I like lemonaide in the summer. I don't care for lemon on fish. Now, lemon is a bitter and bitters have many good properties. Most people are tolerant to lemons and lime also. There is a lot more to a lemon than just some vitamins and minerals, lots of important chemicals.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Lil Drummerboy

Now theres some medical advice I can get behind. Very good for the mind and the spirit.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

"Something we can say "yeah its 100% effective "

Sorry. No such thing.

What you are looking at here is simply making your body more inhospitable to cancer. But it will always try to survive.

top topics

join