It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snoring

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I hooked up with a gal tonight. I've known her for a long time. She is a cute petite with a sweet rack and a face I would love to see everyday. We did our thing and crashed out. Sleep did not last long for me. I have given up on trying for the night. It's like being in a cave with a hibernating grizzly bear. I'm used to sleeping alone and the slightest disturbance wakes me up. I hate for this to be a deal breaker, but there is no way I can live with her snoring. Seriously, it is ridiculous. I haven't really done any research into the subject. Does anyone know of a remedy?

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I hooked up with a gal tonight. I've known her for a long time. She is a cute petite with a sweet rack and a face I would love to see everyday. We did our thing and crashed out. Sleep did not last long for me. I have given up on trying for the night. It's like being in a cave with a hibernating grizzly bear. I'm used to sleeping alone and the slightest disturbance wakes me up. I hate for this to be a deal breaker, but there is no way I can live with her snoring. Seriously, it is ridiculous. I haven't really done any research into the subject. Does anyone know of a remedy?

Take her out for a romantic meal... Do not drink white wine as this tends to make you snore more.

Ply her with Château St George St Emilion Cabernet wine (2 bottles) and don't forget to keep the corks.

When you both get home and go to bed, wait for her to fall asleep before shoving the two corks up each nostril... If the corks have difficulty going up each nostril apply a little vaseline to each one.

Hey Presto... No more snoring...

She will love you for it.

On a more serious note check this link out : www.webmd.com...

Otherwise, if none of those remedies work there are certain products that you can purchase from the chemists to help you both.

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 27/5/14 by Rodinus because: Link added

edit on 27/5/14 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
LOL

You should record her snoring and then play it back to her.

Or you can always get even by farting and holding the blanket over her head.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

When you both get home and go to bed, wait for her to fall asleep before shoving the two corks up each nostril... If the corks have difficulty going up each nostril apply a little vaseline to each one. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...
a reply to: Rodinus

But what if she shoots someone with the cork?

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
It would be awesome if it was. My husband of almost 18 years leaves me wondering on at least 5 nights out of the week how I could just choke off his air supply.

Since he has gotten older, it has gotten worse and now there is loud hollering added to the mix and kicks to the mattress at regular intervals.... just for sh#*@ and giggles I suppose. I feel your pain. Sincerely.

I have laid in bed in exhausted rage many a time even though I know he isn't doing it on purpose (at least I don't think so
). Lack of sleep doesn't help and it really doesn't help when you are just about to enter into the perfect haze of dreamland.... BAM!

I don't know what to tell you. I do know there are surgeries that can correct or minimize snoring but I am not sure you should suggest that to her just yet.

Sometimes a nudge in the ribs will help. They will wake up just enough to stop but not enough to be mad.... not all the time at any rate.

It's hard to live with. She could probably try some of those breath right strips over the counter or the spray they say works (I haven't tried it), other than that???

I wish you luck and sanity in this battle. Hopefully you can get it fixed before it makes you weep like a baby (and it will if it goes on long enough).

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

a reply to: weirdguy

She already beat me to that one. It smelled like pretty flowers.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy

When you both get home and go to bed, wait for her to fall asleep before shoving the two corks up each nostril... If the corks have difficulty going up each nostril apply a little vaseline to each one. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

But what if she shoots someone with the cork?

I suppose it depends on how many people are in the bed at the same time?

*coughs*

In all honesty, this is not the best thing to do as snoring occurs when breathing through the mouth generally.

Best thing to do is purchase a saline spray and spraying up each nostril before hitting the sack, this will humidify the airways so to speak and favourise breathing through the nose.

A small humidificator in the room can also help too.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

a reply to: weirdguy

She already beat me to that one. It smelled like pretty flowers.

Oh dear... the beginning of a relationship... I have a feeling of Dèja vu...

Feed her a decent Vindaloo or Chilli and then see if they still smell of pretty flowers... or even better... wait until you are 8 months into your couple.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I rolled her on her side and propped her up with pillows so she can't go on her back. It seems to be working.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

A small humidificator in the room can also help too.

I'm on the Gulf Coast. If it was any more humid I would be drowning.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

I rolled her on her side and propped her up with pillows so she can't go on her back. It seems to be working.

Crickey the poor girl must have really tired her out if you did that and she did not wake up...

No wonder you didn't get much sleep.

May I take off my hat to you...

Try also gently poking a nail (finger nail and not a six inch steel nail) into her ribs when she starts snoring... keep it there for a couple of seconds... she will eventually roll over by herself.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
you're a wuss. period. And I'm stating this period. Period.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Crickey the poor girl must have really tired her out if you did that and she did not wake up...

I don't like to brag, but, yeah. I did my job like a pro. No half-measures.

edit on 27-5-2014 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: FraternitasSaturni

4 out of 5 dentists would disagree.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

You've been under surveillance, a photo had been released.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
My partner, (wife of 20 years) has learnt to wake up every time she starts snoring.

Bit of training over the years but I taught her that if she snores and keeps me awake I will take advantage of her.

In saying that, if your new lady friend is a 'keeper'. Press the point as outlined above but it does take some time and patience in the relationship.

Sadly doesn't work the other way round so I can't cheat.

Bottom line is you'll sleep soundly..sigh...another night coming up.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I feel for you, you can hear my husband loud and and clear from the bedroom on the second floor. Saline drops and a body pillow is the best i got. Good luck :-)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
sure, ask her if she's inclined to blow your friends and take half your stuff and leave, if she say's no of course not then id put up with it.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
I have laid in bed in exhausted rage many a time ....

Don't be afraid of separate beds or even separate bedrooms.
I think more people do this then will admit it.
Otherwise you will be tired and cranky all the time.
And that's not good for a marriage.

My unsolicited advice ...

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Some people, when they fall asleep, tongues and/or soft tissue in the pharynx and obstruct their breathing. Sometimes it's minor. Sometimes it major and can cause sleep apnea.

Anyway, a quick fix is a cheap strap she can put on her head that will help keep her lower jaw pulled outward to clear her airway.

If you can't find one immediately, you can put a tennis ball in a sock and sew it to the back of a shirt. This will make it uncomfortable to sleep on her back and perhaps prevent her airway obstruction a.k.a. snoring.

You are welcome

top topics

<<   2 >>

join