It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare in Nelson, B.C

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Hello

I was wondering if there are any members who live in Nelson B.C or know someone who is living there, who can tell me about the healthcare in Nelson. Is the hospital & doctors any good?

My boyfriend & I are debating moving down to Nelson, B.C but there are some key things we have to look into, one of them being doctors & the hospital. I have health issues & need to make sure that the doctors & hospital are pretty decent or better.
Does it take some time to get in to see the doctors? Is the hospital often in code purple (over crowded)?

Any input you can offer is greatly appreciated, heck any input into Nelson in general would be great
I have been doing research but I would also like to consider what the residents have to say as well.

Thanks

edit on 25-5-2014 by knoledgeispower because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Why not make some calls to the local doctor's offices and talk to the receptionists? They could give you a good indication.

I live on the island but I know what you mean as some rural areas seem very hard to get family doctors, as in the existing ones are swamped.

I don't go to them myself but hear this from many others.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: igloo
Why not make some calls to the local doctor's offices and talk to the receptionists? They could give you a good indication.

I live on the island but I know what you mean as some rural areas seem very hard to get family doctors, as in the existing ones are swamped.

I don't go to them myself but hear this from many others.

I only have a texting plan.
I currently can't work because my symptoms/illnesses are unpredictable & it makes me unreliable. I am looking at doing Medical Transcription so I can still make money. In the mean time, my boyfriend & I have just been surviving off his pay cheque.

I live in a bigger city than Nelson & there is a shortage of doctors here so the wait times can be b.s. Plus our hospital hadn't gotten an upgrade in 30yrs despite the influx of people. My town also has a huge senior population so our hospital is usually always in code purple. I am hoping that with Nelson being smaller, it won't be as terrible. My Dad who lives in Ymir says it doesn't take him long to see his doctor but I don't know if that's the same for all doctors. Plus my Dad doesn't need to see a doctor as often as I do.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Could you get your dad to call around? Or someone else?

I was only deathly ill once in my life and I have to say my sense of hope and self esteem were also casualties, worn out after six months recovery, where I couldn't do what I could before.

Don't let your circumstances victimize you permanently.

top topics

join