It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death = Research Experiment Awakening?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I really didn't know where to put this crazy idea and couldn't figure out the search thing (so i don't know if anyone has posted this before)

Here is a typical and hated 'what if' type question.
I'm just trying to get some feed back, maybe some other people can add more to this idea - i'm just trying to keep my head on track here

What if our deaths actually led to an awakening from an experiment? What if our bodies and world are actually just trapped in this 'experiment' created by us, to test our capabilities or knowledge of the world. What if we actually DO have all the answers to everything and we are trying to manipulate the same understanding in this fake world for SOME unknown reason? It's been said that whatever you believe in IS your reality, what if we are just trying to understand what the limitations of the mind truely ARE?

There's tons of questions just a few. Let me know how you feel.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
You bring up an interesting theory, as quite a few times in my life I have wondered this. It could be possible, but how are we going to find out? I guess when we die, it will be the only way to know... However, I do seem to recollect countless reports of people dying and then coming back. All seem to describe the same thing; white light, a tunnel, a beautiful place with bright coloured flowers etc. So the likelyhood of this being what we get when we die, is pretty high, as I haven't heard (and point out if I'm wrong here) any reports regarding an experiment. But like you said; "what if we are just trying to understand what the limitations of the mind truely ARE?" this would possibly mean even after we die, we're still in some kind of experiment seeing a false reality.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aether
I really didn't know where to put this crazy idea and couldn't figure out the search thing (so i don't know if anyone has posted this before)

Here is a typical and hated 'what if' type question.
I'm just trying to get some feed back, maybe some other people can add more to this idea - i'm just trying to keep my head on track here

What if our deaths actually led to an awakening from an experiment? What if our bodies and world are actually just trapped in this 'experiment' created by us, to test our capabilities or knowledge of the world. What if we actually DO have all the answers to everything and we are trying to manipulate the same understanding in this fake world for SOME unknown reason? It's been said that whatever you believe in IS your reality, what if we are just trying to understand what the limitations of the mind truely ARE?

There's tons of questions just a few. Let me know how you feel.

Well...how to say this. You have a hint of truth in there. It's not exactly 'created' (as in masterplanned) by us individualy or as a whole, although it is in part created by everything that has or will take place effecting all those still within the physical body.
Death does = an awakening (kinda). More a begining than an ending really - another part of the journy we call life. We physical beings seem to only reguard 'life' as a physical living though. Sad so many miss so much.

But - a test? No, not really. It'd be nice if we all learned a thing or two and started doing what we are supose to do. Might make things a whole lot nicer for the lot of us!

new topics

join