It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All That Glitters Is Not Gold

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Is a painful reality not better than an illusionary simulation?

Sometimes I wonder...

I guess it depends on what the individual defines the purpose of life as being.

To be knowledgeable? To be free? To be happy? To experience pleasure? To discover truth? To develop compassion? To experience unconditional love? Or is the purpose more to do with the functioning: the thrill of the hunt, the journey to the destination, the process of elimination and so forth.

Think back to before you "awoke". (And I don't mean that in the common sense as it used today. I mean the realisation that you needed to start thinking critically and analyse events more than you used to in order to separate truth from the lies.) Innocent, gullible, ignorant, optimistic and dependent on others you might have been, but at least you were happy. You didn't have the burden of truth weighing you down and crushing your dreams.

Some say that "the truth will set you free", but this is deceptive. When you are ignorant of truth, you don't need to invest time in the ever-elusive search of it and your mind is not shackled by the limitations imposed upon it.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Foolishness is happiness, unaware.
Though, when you reach THE truth, you will be pretty happy.

Its the in between, the fool who knows half the truth, that is difficult.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Truth is finality,which foreknowledge of during life is a Burden,one might choose to give their Enemy such a Burden and their friend the Bliss of Ignorance.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

Some say that "the truth will set you free", but this is deceptive. When you are ignorant of truth, you don't need to invest time in the ever-elusive search of it and your mind is not shackled by the limitations imposed upon it.

Not sure if I'd agree to this exactly. By saying "The Truth shall set you Free" it is implying actually "Knowing the Truth". Once you know the truth no more time is needed in searching for it, so it would in fact set you free at that point. The trouble I think is that searching for the Truth and making it Known can sometimes be an endless pursuit. It is in those situations which "Ignorance of the Truth" would certainly seem like the better choice, depending upon the individual of course and the truth they are seeking.

As for the limitations imposed by knowing the truth. That is unavoidable in either case. Whether you know it or not, if it's true, the imposed reality of it, good or bad, is reality. Although Ignorance I suppose would at least allow for a delusional overlay of that reality as some kind of an alternative to some degree.

join