It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christie: I Would Have Fun With Jeb Bush On Campaign Trail

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
a reply to: macman

IMHO ... not that anyone cares but it's my thread so I'll say it anyways ...

Dems best choice - Bill Richardson
Republicans best choice - Guiliani with Rand Paul

But I wouldn't vote for anyone of them either.

Rand Paul would be fine with me. Guiliani, meh...

I am just sick of the whole Bush, Clinton, Kennedy thing.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Iran contra affair, reagan was an awful president.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Cant wait as an outsider for the Jeb Bush Vs. Hillary Clinton run for the white house, going to be epic on ats, mods will need a coffee fund.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Iran contra affair, reagan was an awful president.

In your opinion.

Better than CLinton,Bush, and OBama.

Between 'wmds' with Bush, CLinton and his sex life, and Obama take your pick with fast and furious,IRS, and Bengahazi.

Out of all those only one owned up to, and lived up to his job.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Reagan and Obama are similar in that they were able to drive voters to the polls and make people believe in them.

I have little respect for most of Reagan's policies. He was a great puppet, not a great president.

Christie/Bush, God help us if that is who the Republicans run in 2016.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Reagan and Obama are similar

Anyone who even bothered to watch that video 'A time for choosing' can easily see just how DIFFERENT they are.

I have little respect for most of Reagan's policies.

Please by all means name one.

edit on 19-5-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Sigh.

Reaganomics, War on Drug policies like mando sentencing.

Bush Sr. as his right hand man served him well for military and international affairs. Reagan was a puppet, being an great speaker does make him a great president.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I don't think the GOP can mount a decent offensive against Clinton even if they somehow were able to resurrect Reagan.
The whole political climate has mutated into " Dancing with the Stars" and has nothing to do with democracy.

I'm really looking forward the the political season, the circus and comedic relief that elections always bring.

But it just won't be the same without Sarah Palin.
edit on 19-5-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Reaganomics,

And ?

Sure the hell beats 'trickle up economics' ie rob from the rich, and give to the so called needy.

War on Drug policies like mando sentencing.

Mandatory sentencing ?

Like CLintons 3 strikes, and your 'out' ?

The mandatory 'sentencing' of the Assault weapons' ban making people felons for merely owning a 'scary looking' gun ?

Bush Sr. as his right hand man served him well for military and international affairs. Reagan was a puppet, being an great speaker does make him a great president.

International affairs like Libya ?

2 jets and nothing but silence from them from over 30 years that is until the current 'great speaker' in chief wanted a war record.

And really so effing what ?

The people who were there during the Reagan years, are STILL IN WASHINGTON.

More 'international affairs' like passing Amnesty, and oh look 'amnesty needs' to be passed again, and the people WHO AGAIN were there during the Reagan years are STILL IN WASHINGTON.

Oh never mind.

Heard this song, and dance before the only 'good' presidents are those with a D by their names.

Of course Reagan left the D side long ago.

What a GD joke.

edit on 19-5-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

It is impossible to reason with someone who takes quotes out of context and spins them to fit an argument. Yes I wrote that Reagan and Obama are similar.

The similarity between Reagan and Obama is both were able to drive voters to the polls, both made people believe in them, both are great public speakers.

Let me ask you a question, why do you believe Reagan was great?
edit on 19-5-2014 by jrod because: 1

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Let me ask you a question, why do you believe Reagan was great?

1. Gas was 89 cents a gallon.
2. Savings accounts,money markets, and cds actually paid something back.,

3. What I said was this:

One of the best presidents in the last 30 years.

Better than 'Jeb'. Better than 'Christie' Better than 'Clinton'. Better than the current guy sitting in the oval office. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

But hey who cares.

Argue for the hell of it.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Reagan eh? One of the best presidents in the last 30 years.

You really don't know much about Reagan do you?
Under him the national debt went up 147%
Personal bankruptcies went up 600%
He sold weapons to Iran by way of Israel.
Under him the CIA shipped in tons of coc aine to America.
He funded terrorist groups called the Contra.
He waged war on the middle class by attacking the Unions.
People call Obama weak but said nothing when Reagan showed cowardice by fleeing when over 200 Marines were murdered.
America is still paying the price for his bad policies.
Anyone that says he was a great president clearly knows nothing about him.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

1. Gas was 89 cents a gallon.
2. Savings accounts,money markets, and cds actually paid something back.

1. The president has absolutely nothing to do with the price of gas.
2. Yes because Reagan let Alan Greenspan of the Federal Reserve do whatever he wanted.
Reagan is the reason why many conservatives myself included said to hell with the Republican party because of what he did to it. The GOP used to fear deficits under Reagan the deficits skyrocketed he loved deficits like a junkie loves his next fix.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

You really don't know much about Reagan do you?

Under him the national debt went up 147%

Was there a point there ?

Between the last 2 guys doubling the debt.

Personal bankruptcies went up 600%

Was there a point there as well ?

As there are more people who filed between the last two guys.

He sold weapons to Iran by way of Israel.

He did ?

HE DID ?

So how does that make him any different than Clinton or GW or OBama arming two bit dictators in the middle east and arming drug cartels in Mexico?

Under him the CIA shipped in tons of coc aine to America.

LOL Reagan did eh ?

Thought that started when Kennedy, and Johnson went to war in Vietnam.

He funded terrorist groups called the Contra.

He did all that by his lonesome eh ?

So what about current events in the middle east with the current guy arming 'terrorists' in Syria, and Libya, and elsewhere.

He waged war on the middle class by attacking the Unions.

LOL !

People call Obama weak but said nothing when Reagan showed cowardice by fleeing when over 200 Marines were murdered.

What Marines were 'murdered' since when ?

Thought 'terrorism' only started with the last potus.

America is still paying the price for his bad policies

LOL

Anyone that says he was a great president clearly knows nothing about him.

Anyone trash talking him clearly doesn't.

But hey threw everything including the kitchen sink there at him.

Isreal!

Like I said

Heard this song, and dance before the only 'good' presidents are those with a D by their names.

Thanks for providing the proof of that comment.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

1. The president has absolutely nothing to do with the price of gas

Is that right ?

And presidents don't write spending bills since the congress was controlled by the left at the time.

Reagan is the reason why many conservatives myself included said to hell with the Republican party because of what he did to it. The GOP used to fear deficits under Reagan the deficits skyrocketed he loved deficits like a junkie loves his next fix.

You mean like what the left did to get in to the white house in 2008 ?

And has been on a drunken spending spree ever since?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

You mean like what the left did to get in to the white house in 2008 ?

And has been on a drunken spending spree ever since?

What did the left do in 2008 to win to win the White House?

We have been on a drunken spending spree since Reagan was POTUS.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Reagan brought us the first assault weapons ban.

Funny how progressives are to blame for all that's wrong with the country, but since Nixon 1970 republicans have held the White house for 28 years and democrats for 17 years so who is to blame for what we are today?

Its sad that the USA isn't in this top ten list:

(CNN) -- London's The Shard has taken top honors in the annual Skyscraper Award from Hamburg-based building and construction data company Emporis.

The awards, announced annually since 2000, are chosen by an "international jury of architecture experts" who select nominated buildings completed in the last year and are at least 100 meters tall, according to "aesthetic and functional design criteria," an Emporis spokesperson said in a statement.

CNN

Until the republicans get rid of the extreme right and there idiotic rhetoric I don't expect them to win anything anytime soon. Christie or Bush or Romney, Paul if you can erase there talking points they might have a chance but I seriously doubt it.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Was there a point there ? Between the last 2 guys doubling the debt.

When he entered office the national debt was $994 billion when he left office it was 2.9 trillion. So more than doubled the debt by himself.

Was there a point there as well ?

Yes his policies for the working class people totally sucked.

He did ? HE DID ? So how does that make him any different than Clinton or GW or OBama arming two bit dictators in the middle east and arming drug cartels in Mexico?

Ever hear of a little thing called the Iran contra affair? Him and Bush was behind it.
Reagan Administration admits Contra-coc aine connections

On April 17, 1986, the Reagan Administration released a three page report acknowledging that there were some Contra-coc aine connections in 1984 and 1985, arguing that these connections occurred at a time when the rebels were "particularly hard pressed for financial support" because U.S. aid had been cut off. The report admitted that "We have evidence of a limited number of incidents in which known drug traffickers have tried to establish connections with Nicaraguan resistance groups." The report tried to downplay the drug activity, claiming that it took place "without the authorization of resistance leaders."

What Marines were 'murdered' since when ?

Never heard of Beirut huh? Not surprising when a person says Reagan was a good President.
1983 Beirut barracks bombing

Suicide bombers detonated each of the truck bombs. In the attack on the building serving as a barracks for the 1st Battalion 8th Marines (Battalion Landing Team - BLT 1/8), the death toll was 241 American servicemen: 220 Marines, 18 sailors and three soldiers, making this incident the deadliest single-day death toll for the United States Marine Corps since World War II's Battle of Iwo Jima, the deadliest single-day death toll for the United States military since the first day of the Vietnam War's Tet Offensive, and the deadliest single attack on Americans overseas since World War II

But hey threw everything including the kitchen sink there at him. Isreal!

Iran–Contra affair

The scandal began as an operation to free the seven American hostages being held in Lebanon by a group with Iranian ties connected to the Army of the Guardians of the Islamic Revolution. It was planned that Israel would ship weapons to Iran, and then the United States would resupply Israel and receive the Israeli payment. The Iranian recipients promised to do everything in their power to achieve the release of the U.S. hostages. The plan deteriorated into an arms-for-hostages scheme, in which members of the executive branch sold weapons to Iran in exchange for the release of the American hostages.

Yes our good buddy Israel sold weapons to our enemy. Like that was the first time they did that.

Anyone trash talking him clearly doesn't.

The people talking trash about him are the ones that know Reagan. Unlike you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join