It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people blame the government and/or banks for the economic crisis?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
No doubt the government, and banks have a role to play, but so do the big corporations. Two words: Tax havens.
edit on 15-5-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: gunpowdernlead

15-20 years ago??

Don't think so!!
15-20 years ago the writing was on the wall for anyone with half a brain and the willingness to observe to read and see we'd be in the position we are in now! Someone in gov't KNEW that an attack like 9/11 was gonna happen and that the gov't would be less friendly soon afterwards!
Since our destination was very much deductable then unless something was done to change our direction and the gov't either decided to keep on going in that direction or they just were in too deep and knew that if they tried to change it they would have the same fate as Kennedy. The process to get us to where we are at was set in motion before the time frame you have given!
During that time frame I wrote to many of the politicians in office predicting we'd be where we are at and I asked them t he same question that I have asked you all on this thread. Why would the government want us either in debt up to our necks or dependent on their social programs?
I really can't go into detail just how I know that they were expecting something like 9/11 let's just say someone described what was coming before it happened.
Now I am asking you all why do you think the gov't would want us all either in debt up to our arse (remember the debtor's prisons aren't that far back in history) or depending on welfare programs to survive??
I believe that it's because Dependency=Servitude and that Debt=Slavery.
Some chose to blame the people. They should have worked harder and all that jive. But I really do think that the net that they threw out upon us is much larger than they think and they will soon find themselves restrained by it also.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: gunpowdernlead
One thing is for certain.
There are a few select people on this planet who really control those banks.
And i got news for ya.....it's NOT Americans.

Great post.

Surely it's China in revenge for America and the IFS's role in collapsing the Asian markets a couple of decades back? They're the ones buying up all American debt (not sure about European) and exporting incredibly cheap goods that cause more debt/collapse of industry.

It's pretty impressive how they've used Capitalism to destroy Capitalism and expose its fatal flaws.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Why do we blame the government for the economy tanking for for the middle class?

Let's start with Reagan's slashing of taxes for the wealthiest of Americans, as a result of this billionaires generally pay less than 15% in taxes, while middle-class workers pay over 30%. This contributes to the gap in wealth. The repealing of Glass-Steagall is Act caused problems for the people too. The era of deregulation is great for the wealthiest people but has impacted the middle class negatively, effectly middle class wages have not gone up since the 70's, while the wealthiest of Americans are doing better than ever and paying less taxes than ever.

Now with corporations being legally allowed to contribute as much money as they want to a campaign, the middle class has essentially lost their voice in Washington because the middle class can not afford to buy influence. All major candidates are selected so when it is time to vote we the illusion of choice with 2 hand-picked candidates.

Most of the major news outlets do not report facts, the report sensational stories and spin the facts however they see fit. The propaganda machine is in full effect. Because of this many hard working Americans are led to believe that the economical problems the US faces are caused by poor people on welfare. This is far from true and is currently one of many divide and conquer techniques being used to keep the American working class to blame each other for the problems and distract them from the big picture.

Large gaps of wealth in a wealthy country historically leads to bloodshed and revolutions. One scary fact is the increasing police state, and the militarization of the police. Police states always look out for the elite.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: depleteduranium92
Interesting, the immigrant argument and all.
When you have drank water from the sewer all of your life, river water is a great change and it tastes much better.
But see my folks and their folks before them and their folks before them remember the sweet purified taste of the water, this newer river water crap just is not right.
I want purified clear clean water again, just like my forefathers had.
All of the pond scum has a way of slowing the filters and holding us back from full potential I guess.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
When a mafia group of thieves take over the monetary system and make you a slave to it by manipulating the economy with money out of thin air that is only available to the thieves to buy up real things and thereby destroy the real value of money is it then wrong to blame the thieves and the corrupt politicians who go along with the scheme to line their pockets.

Why should I struggle when the thieves get all the money they want for free without any real cost by knowing the right people. The biggest robbery ever made with billions of victims many not even knowing the robbery is taking place. Rich people are created by banks by giving them privileges that the average Joe do not get.

When the system have crashed and something else exist come back to me on how I want to contribute to society again.
edit on 15-5-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
the only people to blame is our federal reserve. there are copious amounts of evidence pen pointing a direct assault on our money. they print out their own bonds and buy them with said bonds. they did it in the 1920s-30s and they're doing it again. the bond buying is a new tactic of theirs.

edit on 15-5-2014 by Rekrul because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rekrul
the only people to blame is our federal reserve. there are copious amounts of evidence pen pointing a direct assault on our money. they print out their own bonds and buy them with said bonds. they did it in the 1920s-30s and they're doing it again. the bond buying is a new tactic of theirs.

I agree but it is the people who own the private bank "federal reserve" that decide what the "federal reserve" do.

“Let me issue and control a nation’s money and I care not who writes the laws.” Mayer Amschel Rothschild (1744-1812), founder of the House of Rothschild.

“The few who understand the system will either be so interested in its profits or be so dependent upon its favours that there will be no opposition from that class, while on the other hand, the great body of people, mentally incapable of comprehending the tremendous advantage that capital derives from the system, will bear its burdens without complaint, and perhaps without even suspecting that the system is inimical to their interests.” The Rothschild brothers of London writing to associates in New York, 1863.

Parasitism in it's most greedy way. Trickle up wealth to the few controlling masters of the system.
edit on 15-5-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join