It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian TV Production Crew Captures on Film Two UFOs in Queenstown, New Zealand

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AlphaHawk

I didn't know and don't know of ANY birds that can fly THAT fast.

Sigh.

I can understand the compulsion to rationalize away all the evidence.

But sometimes, the simplest explanation IS the 'exotic' one.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro
No dude these aren't UFOs when they are identified. What you need to do is go to the video posted above. about two thirds through it shows the clip in slow motion. Pause the second it starts and move forward frame by frame. You will see the two birds appear to the left of the road coming from the side of the frame and then fly to the right, gaining altitude. They flap the wings midway through. It's due to the perspective it looks like they are going fast but they are not. if you measure the actual distance they cover it appears more like 45-55 feet. Not traveling at 4000 mph. More like 40 mph.

also seen birds do just what these birds are doing so its not even unusual.

The guys from the show have probably played the video several times themselves. Even bothered to put a slowed down version of it. They know damned well that those are birds and not UFO's and that they are probably posting this for attention. SO yeah it is disingenuous.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: AlphaHawk

I didn't know and don't know of ANY birds that can fly THAT fast.

You don't know how far away they are so you cannot know how fast they are going! But, I do happen to agree with you that I don't think they are necessarily birds.

The typical flight speed for a duck is about 50mph, which is 22m/s. The length of the bridge from river bank to river bank is 110 metres. Therefore it should take a duck about five seconds to cross the entire length of the bridge. The camera is very roughly halfway across the bridge, and the objects were a lot quicker than that.

I think they are more likely to be insects, much much closer to the camera, and flying more perpendicular to the road. Alternatively they could be birds, again flying more perpendicular to the road than they appear at first glance. Whatever they are, they're not distant objects "up in the sky" because they are visible in front of the background trees.
edit on 14-5-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

Totally agree with your post and I like the gifs showing the birds over the railing and in front of the tree. Shows that they are indeed small objects. You are also correct in stating that they dont come from the trees. If you look a few frames earlier before the motorcycle passes you can see the birds a few feet above the ground against a beigish dirt back ground. Would be cool to see a gif of that.

if you go on the google maps link you provided you'll see if you measure that those trees are roughly 900 feet away about .27 of a kilometer. The trees are bordering pearsons road and the tallest are on the intersection of pearsons and bannockburn highway (the one the motor cycle is riding on.) and that distance is even less more like 850 feet or 1/4 of a kilometer. So either way these things aren't traveling "super fast"

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Looks exactly like birds would.

I would love to have whatever you are smoking...........

Looks exactly like birds would............if they could fly at hundreds of miles per hour.

If it isn't some kind of CGI, this is beyond current human known capability, given the speed and the small size of the objects.

edit on 14-5-2014 by PlanetXisHERE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

does anyone even read my post here? this has already been explained. they are either birds or bugs. review the film and take a really good look. my self and another poster on this thread have already mentioned the ample evidence this is not a ufo traveling reallly really fast.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

if you go on the google maps link you provided you'll see if you measure that those trees are roughly 900 feet away about .27 of a kilometer. The trees are bordering pearsons road and the tallest are on the intersection of pearsons and bannockburn highway (the one the motor cycle is riding on.) and that distance is even less more like 850 feet or 1/4 of a kilometer. So either way these things aren't traveling "super fast"

I make it about 550 metres from the camera location on the bridge to that intersection:

I can't see the objects any earlier than the streak in front of that tall pine tree, but I'm starting to go cross-eyed now!

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE
I would love to have whatever you are smoking...........

Looks exactly like birds would............if they could fly at hundreds of miles per hour.

If it isn't some kind of CGI, this is beyond current human known capability, given the speed and the small size of the objects.

I think you need a little lesson in perspective from Fr Ted Crilly:

edit on 14-5-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

does anyone even read my post here? this has already been explained. they are either birds or bugs. review the film and take a really good look. my self and another poster on this thread have already mentioned the ample evidence this is not a ufo traveling reallly really fast.

So.........you're saying a professional film crew wouldn't know the difference between two birds and UFO's, and wouldn't remember seeing such, and would put their professional reputation on the line with claims you say are so easily dismissed?

They were there, we weren't, I'm sure as a PROFESSIONAL FILM/CAMERA CREW they have gone over the various possibilities to avoid embarrassing themselves.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
on a big screen, frame by frame, I can clearly see them from before the trees, in front of stuff - it's a lot more likely that they are bugs/insects of some sort, and travelling perpendicular to the camera view - ie across the road from left to right.
small objects close up, going across the view - appear to be travelling very fast if assumed to be big objects far away.

case closed.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Just doesn't look like birds or insects to me, I don't know why people are so closed minded and need to jump all over people for just DISCUSSING various possibilities........

And I definitely question the agenda of people who seem to want jump to a "case closed" conclusion.........as if there were something wrong with just mulling the situation over.......like they are trying to influence the thread consensus.....
edit on 14-5-2014 by PlanetXisHERE because: epiphany

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

you can see them before the pine tree when they are in front of the tall grass stuff at the top of the bend of the road where the road disappears. The birds are flapping their wings more vigorously at that part. You can see (infront of the trees ) flashes of white as the objects travel. That is the underside of the wings. They get some speed up and then they glide with their wings closed take one or two flaps in the middle and they are gone.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Gonna call you Dougal from now on I think.

Go have a look at the images to that post I linked to on page 1 and have a long hard think about it again.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk

Gonna call you Dougal from now on I think.

Go have a look at the images to that post I linked to on page 1 and have a long hard think about it again.

If you want to call me Dougal, do you think that reveals more about me or yourself?

Like I said, I think a professional television crew knows what bugs and birds look like. Weren't they the ones that filmed this?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I'm saying for publicity they put this video u and yes the film crew are probably aware that they filmed bus or birds and certainly not a UFO. THey aren't worried about their reputation. Putting up footage they know to not be UFO's and claiming they are has nothing to do with a film crews job. If they are a good crew that can work efficently and get the shot they will keep getting work. The film crew probably had nothing to do with this video being posted as a UFO either . the post production crew (ie the producers and editors) probably are behind this and knew what they were.

Publicity thats what this is about. Get people who have never even heard of the show to check out what the hub bub is about. If there is no legitimate hub bub you make some. Thats PR 101.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DougalisHERE

I'd say it reveals more about you and your lack inability to understand perspective.

The closer an object is to the camera, the faster it will appear to be moving.

edit on 14-5-2014 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
At :48 seconds in the film, there is a silver or grey blip in the trees... Then a couple frames later the objects come out from what appears to be behind the trees. Can anyone else see that?

I was looking for evidence of insects, since they are so fast. In the actual film it is only one second of footage - are there birds that could be that fast? I know some are saying it is a film splice - I will keep looking but I don't see that yet...

My two cents so far...

- AB

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I'm saying for publicity they put this video u and yes the film crew are probably aware that they filmed bus or birds and certainly not a UFO. THey aren't worried about their reputation. Putting up footage they know to not be UFO's and claiming they are has nothing to do with a film crews job. If they are a good crew that can work efficently and get the shot they will keep getting work. The film crew probably had nothing to do with this video being posted as a UFO either . the post production crew (ie the producers and editors) probably are behind this and knew what they were.

Publicity thats what this is about. Get people who have never even heard of the show to check out what the hub bub is about. If there is no legitimate hub bub you make some. Thats PR 101.

I agree this could be a possibility, a PR stunt, though I have seen no clear evidence that these are birds or insects, other gifs or films that show birds or insects may be relevant but certainly do not solve this case.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Ah- you did see the "grey blip" I saw, and then some!

Thanks!

- AB

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
If you take a careful look at the video, you can see the objects are in front of the trees (or go back and take a look at Rob's post Here on the previous page of this thread, where he's broken it down for you).

That does not mean that they are literally at the same distance as the trees, just that they are not behind them. That means that they can not be "huge".

The distance that they travel, as compared to the amount of time in the video, makes them appear to move very fast.

However, as it has been stated: the closer an object is to a camera that is recording, the faster it will appear to be moving as compared to it's distance.

Anyone that has a video camera (or a camera that can take video) can go out and test this just fine. Take an object and move it at the same speed, have one very close to the camera, and the other quite far, and look at your results: the object close to the camera will seem to move with incredible speed as compared to the object further away.

edit on 14-5-2014 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
just a pet peeve - but an aledged " tv production crew " SHOULD have the ability to provide all technical details of the shoot - camera focal length , FOV , f-stop , focus ring position etc etc etc

as these details are often invaluable in assisitning analysis

but no - just the usual assertions from ignorance common to anomalies on film / footage

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join