It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inmarsat now giving away free satellite tracking for airplanes – but MH370 is still nowhere to be

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Inmarsat, the British satellite operator that was pivotal to tracking down the final location of flight MH370, will now offer a free tracking service for all passenger airplanes. This free service will carry the aircraft’s exact location (via GPS), along with its heading, speed, and altitude (from the plane’s on-board sensors). This should go a long way towards preventing future planes from going missing — though, sadly, when it comes to Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, there’s still sadly nothing to report after two months and hundreds of millions of dollars of search and rescue efforts.

S ource

I'm not sure how many naysayers there are out there, but I believe this simply confirms the notion that "planes, in this day and age, simply cannot 'go missing', it is impossible!" With the amount of technology we have, the grade in which that technology is currently at (even within public view), it is simply impossible for all countries to lose a plane in flight. To clarify, I'm not suggesting anything particular thing occurred to MH370. I am only stating that there is no way that we can lose track of a plane such as MH370.

The reason this article confirms this notion is due to the fact that Inmarsat is capable of giving away 'free tracking' to all flights. If they have that capability, and especially to give it away for free, then it is so common and simplistic to achieve that any government with a decent military and technological advancement would be watching, simply out of standard defense.

Personally, I have no idea what occurred to MH370. What the most questionable event is, however, is why we are not being given any information about why and where it went missing precisely.

It is quite obvious that we are able to, and actively take part in the tracking of all flights already.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
it is quite clear this plane went "missing" for nefarious reasons....if when we get to find out why remains to be seen

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
There is an App for the Iphone that allows you to track, trace and monitor an airplane that is going over head and also to a certain distance too. This leads me to believe that " something " was switched off in the plane, otherwise someone, somewhere could monitor it from their phone.

Just thinking out loud is all

Cheers

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiro
There is an App for the Iphone that allows you to track, trace and monitor an airplane that is going over head and also to a certain distance too. This leads me to believe that " something " was switched off in the plane, otherwise someone, somewhere could monitor it from their phone.

Just thinking out loud is all

Cheers
That app works by mirroring ATC radar screens. Nothing goes from the aircraft to the phone. A lot of people are operating under the false impression that aircraft GPS systems send location out. They do not. They are only receivers that triangulate time signals from satellites. They (the receiver) can then input info to the onboard Flight Director and/or navigation displays. So the Intelsat program would require the installation of of an additional dedicated transmitter on every aircraft. And if someone really wanted to disappear, they just pull the circuit breaker for that radio, or on the777, the high-speed backplane bus breaker.

top topics

join