It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama administration releases disturbing photo of Obama depicted as a king

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
When it's a chance to whine about Obama people will take it and run.

If some yutz in the Bush43 administration had released a 'joke' photo of Bush with a crown and a crossbow and a thrown, I'm sure the left would be saying 'it fits'. Don't think for a minute they wouldn't.

That being said, I think this was stupid on someone's part. The White House image is carefully crafted, and to have one of your own put the POTUS into a picture that has a crown and a throne sat on by a deranged loon and a crossbow that is used to murder naked hookers ... that's not an image ANY sane White House would want to put out.

Joke? Sure. But a really dumb one.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Nice Game of Drones pic! See that'a a real issue and one we should take Obama to task for.

However. that first pic was just a pic. That's a non issue. he's not making a mockery of anything. it's just a pic. Every single president and leader the world over takes stupid pics like this all the time. Move on. Start a new thread about drone strikes that kill children and i'm on board. Don't get distracted by these non issues.

What he's trying to say is Obama shouldn't be worrying whether or not he can be depicted as a king. He should be worrying about this countries issues. Now I think this pictures fake, the pieces look to fake because if Obama wanted to really do this he would use more of this countries negative amount bank account to have the finest throne and crossbow made possible, but if Destinyone can point us to the page they found it we can decide for our self whether or not this is real.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CKBURNS

I wish I had more to give you, other than it originated from the White House Twitter account. As to whom actually made the pic, and I do think it's a photoshop pic. Haven't a clue on that one.

twitter.com...

Des

edit on 8-5-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
a reply to: KnightLight

My god, its a joke, its supposed to be funny, im not sure what you dont get here.

I don't find humor in world leaders being funny. Or then maybe I should lead you like a puppy, now isn't that funny, haha ?

I get it all. I'm too old to not notice a PR campaign when I see one though. Grow into your own power, and then you won't worship it.

I seriously think you need to remember that we are all human beings. I get it, you can't stand Obama, but.... really?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

If some yutz in the Bush43 administration had released a 'joke' photo of Bush with a crown and a crossbow and a thrown, I'm sure the left would be saying 'it fits'. Don't think for a minute they wouldn't.

I hated bush. I made fun of him and called him a bad president every chance I got, but I was never so blinded that I took obvious jokes and misrepresented them as deep insight into a secret agenda. His dinner had some good self deprecating moments that made me laugh at his flaws. In reality his flaws caused a lot of wrong in this world, but a joke is a joke. I won't crucify a man without taking the intention and purpose of the event into account.

Everyone of these dinners has moments that make light of controversy. I didn't vote for Obama, his administration has been an enemy to freedom, but this doesn't disturb me at all. Not funny, but not disturbing.

edit on 05pm03pm312014-05-08T15:20:32-05:0003America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

I asked for the primary source - as it contained the CONTEXT - I realise that context is an alien concept to wingnuts - but hey its important to the rest of us

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

It goes beyond the "line that should not be crossed" for one night. It allows those groups, constantly at each others throats, to take one night and remember they are all humans and that a sense of humor is very important.

Some of Obamas highlights -

"It's inspiring that an American finally won the Boston Marathon. Especially since a Kenyan has been president for the last six years." He went on to point out that FOX News will miss him when his term is up, because it will be harder to convince the American people that Hillary Clinton was born in Kenya.

I usually start these dinners with a few self deprecating jokes after my stellar 2013 what could I possibly talk about?
I admit it. Last year was rough. Sheesh! At one point things got so bad, the 47 percent called Mitt Romney to apologize.

Of course, we rolled out Healthcare.gov. That could have gone better. In 2008, my slogan was ``Yes, we can''. In 2013 my slogan was ``Control, alt, delete.''

Of course, now that it's 2014, Washington is obsessed on the midterms. Folks are saying with my sagging poll numbers, my fellow Democrats don't really want me campaigning with them. And I don't think that's true, although I did notice the other day that Sasha needed a speaker at Career Day and she invited Bill Clinton. I was a little hurt by that.

Anyway, while you guys focus on the horse race, I'm going to do what I do, I'm going to be focused on everyday Americans. Just yesterday, I read a heart breaking letter. You know, I get letters from folks around the country every day. I get 10 that I read.

This one got to me. A Virginia man has been stuck in the same part-time job for years, no respect from his boss, no chance to get ahead.

I really wish Eric Cantor would stop writing me.

You can just pick up the phone, Eric.

One of my favorites -

Look, I know. Washington seems more dysfunctional than ever. Gridlock has gotten so bad in this town you have a to wonder what did we do to piss off Chris Christie so bad?

His slams on CNN and MSNBC were great also.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
freedomoutpost.com...

According to this article it was real.

The picture depicts “King Obama” sitting upon the “Iron Throne” at Kings Landing in the ancient kingdom of Westeros from the HBO hit series Game of Thrones. The photo looks as if it was lifted straight from The Onion. However, it is not. The image is a result of Obama’s speech at last week’s White House Correspondents’ Dinner where he joked about enacting more executive orders. The administration took it upon themselves to create the photo of King Obama, and the official White House Twitter account sent out the tweet before last week’s episode aired.

Obama sits with the King’s crown in his hands and former King Joeffrey’s crossbow sitting on the coffee table. The tweet reads “The Westeros Wing.”

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Yes.. Unfortunately... It's real. Still sitting on the White House twitter feed the last I looked, too.

I've been thinking more on this, and I still haven't seen the show. Never will, either. Just not my thing...so I really don't have context to the characters or plot or importance in that way.

Having said that? They could have made this his seat at the dinner, and I wouldn't have cared. Kinda poor taste perhaps, but then, that's literally the point at those dinners. About the only time some get to joke in quite that way.

If they just hadn't gone that extra mile to put it out as a merged image over an official W.H. feed, well, then almost all's fair at those things.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
You all know I post private revelation, excerpts so see the link. God sees what President Obama is doing, BHO wants to control us, name one good thing he has done? www.locutions.org...

Darkness Over the President

Special Locution - May 2, 2014

Jesus

Just as I surrounded Pharaoh and his army with darkness so they could not destroy the Israelites, so I will cast a darkness over the Obama administration so it cannot further harm America. For these remaining years, his administration will be covered by greater and greater darkness, by questions which will come from every side. This darkness will come wave after wave, halting all his efforts that would hurt America. Only when America’s safety is endangered will I grant a moment of light.

Among his opponents, there must be a reshuffling. Those who seek only political solutions must be moved to the sidelines while those who focus on the true good of America come to the center. ...

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

While I agree it's "just a pic", the fact that this joker thinks he's above the law and sits on a kings chair from GoT just bugs me.

With that being said, there are a slew of other things we should be concentrating on that this idiot has done.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Oh geez, lighten up a bit. I'm not really into Obama very much, but this doesn't seem alarming at all to me personally. He may have done it for publicity, or trying to relate to the fans since it's a very popular show. But that would be a different case. Heck, if I were him I would do the same thing actually. If a bunch of people are going around calling me a tyrant I'd crack jokes about it also since it's completely silly, and would need to be laughed at.

If he installed a literal permanent throne in the white house while walking around with a crown on, in a completely stern and serious manor, while acting completely lawless at all costs, having what he says goes 100% of the time no question, then you would have something. But this? Come on.

On top of that, why are people going insane over the executive orders Obama has been, or is going to sign? Compared to other presidents in the near past, he hasn't really done very many. At least not enough to start really getting concerned about. For the people that would hate that, then you probably would have completely loathed F.D.R. as a president. Though it's curious that most people regard him as a pretty good president. Perhaps a great president.

As of right now, roughly 20 presidents before Obama have signed more executive orders. And there's been what? 42-44 presidents in U.S. history before Obama. That isn't really all that bad. He's pretty much right in the middle.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: mahatche

originally posted by: FlyersFan

I hated bush. I made fun of him and called him a bad president every chance I got, but I was never so blinded that I took obvious jokes and misrepresented them as deep insight into a secret agenda. His dinner had some good self deprecating moments that made me laugh at his flaws. In reality his flaws caused a lot of wrong in this world, but a joke is a joke. I won't crucify a man without taking the intention and purpose of the event into account.

Everyone of these dinners has moments that make light of controversy. I didn't vote for Obama, his administration has been an enemy to freedom, but this doesn't disturb me at all. Not funny, but not disturbing.

Like I said, at this point he can say what he wants, he's a lame duck anyway. Yes, two years as a lame duck, but lame duck nonetheless.

But hey, if you can laugh it off, then so can he. After all, laughing just might make us forget about how screwed up his presidency was. But you won't crucify the man, that just reinforces the messiahship complex the man brought to the stage, the media believed in and forced down our throats.

No, you won't crucify the very man who was presented as messiah. How deep did the messiah image get into you that you used the very word for killing the messiah?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
To obamas defense this looks like photoshop to me...

I cant see the actually releasing something like this from the whitehouse....

Everyone knows im in staunch opposition to this administration but...this just doesnt look real to me

Who cares, this is ATS, thread like this will do well.

Photoshop or not.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
He got that as a gift. He's a fan of that show.

I find the fact that our president watches and loves that drivel as far more bothersome than the fact that he liked a gift he was given.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

Like I said, at this point he can say what he wants, he's a lame duck anyway. Yes, two years as a lame duck, but lame duck nonetheless.

But hey, if you can laugh it off, then so can he. After all, laughing just might make us forget about how screwed up his presidency was. But you won't crucify the man, that just reinforces the messiahship complex the man brought to the stage, the media believed in and forced down our throats.

No, you won't crucify the very man who was presented as messiah. How deep did the messiah image get into you that you used the very word for killing the messiah?

lol did you just try to shame me?

The crucify comment was in response to flyer's point about Bush, it had nothing to do with Obama, so your suggestion that there is some messiahship complex with Obama is weird. Maybe it's you whose holding Obama as a messiah in your subconscious.

Honestly, I'm not a christian, and don't view christ as a messiah, there is no connection for me. it's a figure of speech, maybe it became a figure of speech because there are a # load of Christians in the world, but I didn't invent the usage of the phrase.

You attempt to shame me into...I guess....crucifiying him.....is weird to me. Sorry I don't feel that way, I don't need to crucify anyone unjustly. I value being realistic much more.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join