It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Bengazi, and why you shouldn't care

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: stormson
Obama's lies on Benghazi got him re-elected is just one example how your OP is not truthful.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Im not a "staunch Democrat". I'm not any kind of Democrat.
To me, this looks like typical Fox News.
I agree with the OP, I watched the Daily Show last night, and Stewart nailed it.

I used to think religion holds humanity back, but now I see it's Fox News.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Granite
a reply to: teamcommander

"Get with the re-program!"

end sarcasm

I have little doubt many of those who are continuing the call for investigations into this incident will ever understand a straight explaination of the facts.
They have already been laid out over the past two years and still more time and money is to be dedicated to yet another investigation.
I will, however, try to explain the real reasons Mr. stevens and the other Americans died that night.

Please follow this line of thought very closely, I know from experience what I saying.

When you put yourself in a war zone, it is a fairly good possibility you can get killed.
This was the situation that night and they all knew the risks. Regardless of who pulled the trigger.
Due to the "fog of war", which many on the right like to involk to explian away thier mis-calculations, not much real information was available for several days after the event. So you go with what you have and be prepared to adjust the narrative as more information is found.
This does not constitute a "cover-up", it's just the same way any responsible group of people work.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: buster2010
So the he was jacked by the Obama admin for exercising his free speech just just BS.

I know he got put in jail for going on the internet when he was told not to. But he was jacked by the Obama admin ... he was used as a SCAPEGOAT. It's really clear that he was. They all pointed fingers at his stupid anti-Islam flick on the internet. He never would have been put in jail if it wasn't for him being falsely fingered by the O-Administration. No one gave a rats backend about that crap he put out until the Obama administration drew attention to it.

He got death threats for being 'anti muslim' and he got jacked.

the facts do not support your assertions.

he put the video up on youtube and it sparks numerous protests around the world. in libya, 20 cities rioted, 19 over the video, 1 used the other riots to attack the embassy.

just the facts.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
9/11 saw over 3000 Americans killed by terrorists on our soil and there was no real investigations, no one was fired for the single largest intelligence flop of all time, yet they wish to go on and on about Benghazi.

My issue with Benghazi was even before any evidence was known it was already a hot talking point on AM radio, before any fact truth or spin was released, this issues was to be the downfall of the president right before the election. It didn't happen that way so they continue with hearings and news releases, all by the same media that pushed the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. To me it was they had a senerio in there minds now they needed evidence to support there story not evidence to support what happened.

It was a tragedy for sure, but why not blame bush for the anthrax attacks, or for all the other terrorists attacks that happened under bush? Why no outrage over the republicans not firing anyone after our failures lead us to being attacked? I don't understand the double standard....

Bush didn't care if we captured or killed bin laden
Obama killed bin laden

Bush- 9/11, anthrax attacks - over 3000 dead, countless other terrorists attacks against American targets worldwide
Obama- Boston bombing- a few died

bush- how many speeches did he make that emboldened the terrorist movement? (mission accomplished)
obama- 0

edit on 6-5-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Granite
Obama's lies on Benghazi got him re-elected is just one example how your OP is not truthful.

i said nothing about that, didnt even bring it up, therefore i didnt lie. everything i posted is true.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Um ... no.

It was a massive failure and cover up on the part of the Obama administration. And, last I heard, an innocent man who was used as their scape goat is still in jail because he made a silly anti-Islam film. Go tell him how his being jacked and tossed in jail by the Obama administration for exercising his free speech rights aren't really happening to him. Go ahead. Good luck with that.

I just wanted to quote this to highlight your point.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: teamcommander What you said is BS ...he did not send himself into a war zone ....simple fact .

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

Um ... no.

It was a massive failure and cover up on the part of the Obama administration. And, last I heard, an innocent man who was used as their scape goat is still in jail because he made a silly anti-Islam film. Go tell him how his being jacked and tossed in jail by the Obama administration for exercising his free speech rights aren't really happening to him. Go ahead. Good luck with that.

I just wanted to quote this to highlight your point.

how are you highlighting a point, and what point are you trying to highlight?

the maker of the video wasnt innocent and was put in jail for parole violations. hes out now.

his video did spark many protests around the world, 19 in libya alone.

so how is he innocent, and how is he a scapegoat?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
please try to stay on topic, or this thread gets trash canned.

the topic is "how is benghazi a scandal on par with previous scandals" or "the conspiracy by fox and the republican party to elevate Benghazi to the level of prior scandals"

just looking at the facts, Benghazi is a blip on the radar, very low on the scandal scoreboard. i say this because the scandal is based on "after the fact" events and have nothing to do with the event or things leading up to the event.

past scandals like Watergate, Iran-Contra, or Iraq, which were all pre-planned, which in my mind make them much worse.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: teamcommander What you said is BS ...he did not send himself into a war zone ....simple fact .

I do not understand your assertion as to the merits of my statements.
Libia had no real functioning government and most of the country was already in termoil with many different factions vying for power.
No, maybe not a formally declared war zone, but it should stand as a close analogy.
As I understand it, he opted to leave the embassy in Tripoly and travel to Bengazie himself.
Thus puttiing himself in a potential harmful position.
Unless you accept the idea that someone in the administration had some foreknowledge of an impending attack, it should stand to reason that they could only convey the limited amount of information to which they had access.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: teamcommander Do please do show your prof that he was some how rouge and decided to make the move on his own .I am sure you can come with another spin to reality ....

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: teamcommander Do please do show your prof that he was some how rouge and decided to make the move on his own .I am sure you can come with another spin to reality ....

It has been well documented in most of the media that, for reasons to which I am not privey, he left the embassy in Triploy that afternoon and went to Benghazi for a meeting with some leaders of the area. As he was seemingly well liked in the area, I would guess he had little or no reason to feel he was placing himself into a bad situation.
Of course, it only takes a few militants to stir up a crowd, and it only takes a few minutes for most any situation to go south.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Where is the proof that the protests and riots were due to a silly video that nobody had heard of and had very few views until the Obama administration used it as a scapegoat, giving it massive publicity after the fact?

Where are the photos and videos of protesters with banners and posters specifically mentioning the silly movie on 9/11/2012?

Weeks earlier when they were protesting Hillary, they made it perfectly clear with banners and signs mentioning her name and bearing her image.

Do an image search for "hillary clinton you are not welcome in egypt"

The protests on 9/11 were a celebration of 9/11 and had nothing to do with a video.

edit on 6-5-2014 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
When the truth come to light with the investigation, then and only then will we have complete info.

Think it was over a video? You need to do some more research of available information.

People DIED over the lack of action and responsibility taken in a timely manner. Then they tried to lie and cover it up.

They FAILED at their jobs, I don't care what party they are from, they proved to be incompetent liars and need to be removed from office and prosecuted.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: teamcommander Gee the MSM said so and you are drinking their kool-aid ...Please take the time to go see what has and is happening compared to your source the MSM ...deny ignorance please , please

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
oh no OP.

you shook the hornets nest!

you should of known you don't question hysterical news stories that even vaguely support the more right-leaning party in our country.

nevermind that its getting tiring, and really dull.

if there is a conspiracy, we'll learn about it in 10-30 years time when documents are declassified
edit on 6-5-2014 by NonsensicalUserName because: added some stuff

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: rangerdanger
Im not a "staunch Democrat". I'm not any kind of Democrat.
To me, this looks like typical Fox News.
I agree with the OP, I watched the Daily Show last night, and Stewart nailed it.

I used to think religion holds humanity back, but now I see it's Fox News.

Maybe its Stewart and the Daily show holding you back.
Cant believe anyone still supports this administration.
Other than their willingness to leave Colorado and Washington alone a complete failure.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Im confused, what was that guy put in jail for in the first place? It couldn't have been for making a video.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Crazy! I distinctly remember another member posting something in another thread a few months ago aboyt how Hilary was going to try and spin the Bhengazi thing un her favor. How she would try to make herself out as a victim of terrible events too. And use it against the republicans to gain support.

Seems her PR team has been hard at laying the groundwork for just that the last few days. It seems line the subject just came out of nowhere again. This time people are defending the administration.

I think its quite obvious as to whats going on here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join