It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rosicrucian AMORC & BOTA Member Q&A

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Kroovistos

Thanks, Kroovistos; that was very informative! I also read your response to the others. I wholeheartedly enjoy this thread!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: brazenalderpadrescorpio

Well, to quote Stephen King's Dark Tower series, "You speak true, and I say thank ya, sai."

Mysticism and esoterica are some of the most important things in my life, both as a passion and reason to live and as a hobby that I enjoy in my leisurely time. I only hope that I can share this with others in any way possible. "Secret societies" are turning into a fad now so I figured opening the door to some truths may get some more people in motion.

I forgot who exactly it was that said in an earlier post about you don't need the Rosicrucian system in order to gain truths and I honestly couldn't agree more. I loved the AMORC while I was an active member (means paying dues, you're always a member after you're accepted you're just either active or non-active). But after a while I realized two things: the first is that the entire AMORC system refers back to two major texts; Confessio Fraternitatis and The Chymical Wedding of Christian Rosenkreutz (I believe there's a third I just can't remember the name) and these two texts are openly available, in most cases for free. The second is that you can find almost all of the information from the AMORC from other sources; the Complete Golden Dawn System of Magick, for instance. Manly P. Hall's Secret Teachings of All Ages has a lot about Rosicrucianism and Masonic rituals. There are tons of books out there that could give you the same amount (and if you do enough poking, you can even find the AMORC monographs around the internets).

I don't believe the AMORC offers much in the way of ground-breaking knowledge to those that would seek their path. However, that goes without saying that the AMORC does excel in structure and helping new initiates get into a mystical mindset. The AMORC is primarily based around initiating the uninitiated; being a stepping stone to those that have started to walk their path. In that context, I feel the AMORC is one of the best organizations to be a part of if solely to learn some basic framework for what you may want to do later once you "find yourself."

Peace to you brother
edit on 9-5-2014 by Kroovistos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Kroovistos

Yeah, I think that you put it excellently there! Thanks for this thread.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Could I look at this 0-10 from ascending order as ways to express the rising from the lowest intellect into the first as in gnostic cosmology more specifically as Al-kirmani's 10 intellect cosmological hierarchy?

posted on Jan, 1 2023 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Bleh... spam:

edit on 1/1/2023 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

(post by AscensionLessons removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join