It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your request timed out. Please retry the request.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Same issue here Site Owner & mods i hope its gets fixed soon

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
My issue seems to be fixed now

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
There was some networking issues at our hosting provider. All should be well now.

Nope, I am having this problem too over here in France .

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
There appears to be some remaining issues. Go watch Game of Thrones.

Or reruns of walking dead.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I've had this happen to me repeatedly in the last hour or so. I gave up trying to comment in other threads...

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Hey guys, for what it's worth on a tip? Back when ATS was having network issues last year I got in the habit of just hitting two keys before submit. It works wonders and is a life saver.

ctrl-a for Select all
ctrl-c for copy all
followed by, if all goes horribly wrong and submit doesn't submit...
ctrl-v to paste it all right back into a fresh form for immediate re-submit.

Anyway.. I lost a couple BIG thread write-ups before I drilled that into my head as something automatic to do. Maybe it'll help others?

Oh..and BIG ones? I do that in MS Word. Formatting issues make a direct copy almost worthless for the time involved to correct it all...but thankfully, there are web sites that are made to specifically take a paste of MS Word text and reformat it to forum/bbcode to a perfect paste from there. A life saver of those multi-thousand word stories!

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I did C & P, and even in this thread it's still giving the "request timed out" error. Just did it when I tried to reply saying exactly that a few seconds ago.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Don't feel bad. There is no special posting sauce for us staff types.. I'm getting the same thing, so I'm C&P'ing automatically. I'm still hitting reply because I have to, to get to the time-out msg and back to the thread. Then it's a reply, paste, submit within about 2-3 seconds and it works like a charm.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
methinks this is more than just "residual issues"

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I did C & P, and even in this thread it's still giving the "request timed out" error. Just did it when I tried to reply saying exactly that a few seconds ago.

yep..

same here .. just tried to reply and BAM ! going to check the preview then try again ..

ETA: for whatever reason .. you MUST hit the preview or you'll get the message .. not sure if I'm liking that or not.. and I'm not sure if it's a test of some sort of ATS design .. if it is..

edit on 5-5-2014 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Well, just my two cents and a little inside info?

(looks around carefully) Shhh..... Never know who is listening these days!

We have some really skilled people back where the magic happens. I have little doubt that when given a bit of time to slap things around and tune up whatever is knocking in the 'ol engine, it'll be right as rain and purring like the proverbial kitten.

It always does in the end.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
timed out while posting
resubmitting in chrome saved my post

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus
methinks this is more than just "residual issues"

Do the majority of people on this site suffer paranoia much??

A site like this takes some maintenance i would imagine!!

give it some time and let the owners do their job!! Christ the mods are even getting the same drill!!

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Danbones

Happened to me too, I just hit the refresh button in Chrome and got the "resend information confirm" message or whatever, hit yes and it saved my post. Might be a good idea to hit the copy "Ctrl C" button before posting until for sure the issue is fixed.

Happened again just now, did the same thing and it posted successfully with the "refresh" trick.

edit on 5-5-2014 by AreUKiddingMe because: update

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: projectbane

it's not paranoia.

hours ago, bill said it was a networking issue, and that it was resolved, when people reported it was still happening a half hour after he said it was fixed, he said it must be "residual issues". hours later, it's still happening...

it can be reasonably inferred, in this case, that there is perhaps more to it than "residual issues"...that's not to say that some conspiracy is afoot, or that the site is under attack...the purpose of what i said was to suggest that there may be a slightly more severe technical issue impacting site function, than the seemingly minor "residual issues"...

personally, i'd rather deal with someone who is paranoid, than someone who is overly judgmental, and offensive..

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Me too on every reply to a thread.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

hours ago, bill said it was a networking issue, and that it was resolved, when people reported it was still happening a half hour after he said it was fixed, he said it must be "residual issues". hours later, it's still happening...

Residual Issues means - An issue that remains from an outstanding greater issue. Therefore as SO said the problem was corrected, but as it happened again he stated "residual issues"! ie stemming from the original problem!!

adjective
adjective: residual

remaining after the greater part or quantity has gone.

Is it therefore not acceptable enough to you to be patient? Wait it out or use some of the tips some of the other users and mods have described!

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000
I'm just hitting the back button and miraculously I don't have to type it all out again. I just hit reply and it works.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane
Residual Issues means - An issue that remains from an outstanding greater issue. Therefore as SO said the problem was corrected, but as it happened again he stated "residual issues"! ie stemming from the original problem!!

adjective
adjective: residual

remaining after the greater part or quantity has gone.

Is it therefore not acceptable enough to you to be patient? Wait it out or use some of the tips some of the other users and mods have described!

i'm not sure why you chose to single ME out, i simply commented on the issue, just like everyone else here.... and i'm not the first person to suggest the issue is more severe..

i know what "residual" means. my only point was that it was used as a minimizing term, to put everyone at ease. maybe there's a bigger technical issue, maybe there isn't...i'm only offering an opinion, based on my 20 years of I.T. experience.

stop coming at me like i'm foaming at the mouth about some kind of friggin' conspiracy...i'm not.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Still happening. Happened to me three times in the last hour.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join