It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US used Napalm in Fallujah

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The U.S. military is secretly using banned napalm gas and other outlawed weapons against civilians in the Iraqi city of Fallujah, eyewitnesses reported.

Residents in Fallujah reported that innocent civilians have been killed by napalm attacks, a poisonous cocktail of polystyrene and jet fuel which makes the human body melt.

Since the U.S. offensive started in Fallujah earlier this month, there have been reports of �melted� bodies which proves that the napalm gas had been used.

www.aljazeera.com...

Pure Animalism.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning." Could you inform us as to when napalm became an illegal weapon? It's some nasty stuff, to be sure, but it is a very effective weapon and perfectly legal, as far as I know.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
This is the kind of news that Terrorists in Iraq use as propaganda and as justification for their evil acts.. and at some point if groups in Iraq Like the Al Qaeda linked Al-Zarqawi group get their hands on WMD and use them in Iraq on both U.S. and Iraqi military or civilian personnel they will say it was in retaliation for the U.S. using weapons such as napalm in Fallujah.

However the source is Al Jazeera which could indicate it is nothing more than propaganda.

Where is the evidence of this?

Gazz

[edit on 28-11-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Napalm and Fuel-Air Bombs were outlawed under the fourth amendment to the geneva conventions, 1980.

Let the UN inspect all these allegations about forbidden weapons, etc.. In the worst case it would only clear the US's recurd up a bit. Nothing to hide, nothing to lose.

[edit on 28-11-2004 by Mokuhadzushi]

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
First off the US never signed the 1980 UN treaty in which napalm was banned. They are not a member to this treaty so they cannot break it. Thats how these treaties work its the same with the any other treaty the NPT for example.

Second it was only banned in the UN treaty from being used against civilian targets and if Aljazeera is the only proof you have it was used on civilains and not insurgents its not very convincing.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
according to the sunday paper in the UK the 'sunday mirror' it was made illegal by the UN in 1980. Everyone except the USA signed, as a result of this it was passed. Alledgedly George W. personally allowed the use of napalm in iraq in this instance.
(I'm not saying I belive this either way just being a messenger for those who where unaware of the article).

Wayne...

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mokuhadzushi
Napalm and Fuel-Air Bombs were outlawed under the fourth amendment to the geneva conventions, 1980.

You are incorrect, incendiary weapons were not outlawed, but rather had restrictions on their indiscriminate use, specifically:

*Prohibiting their use against civilians;

*Prohibiting their use against military targets in close proximity to civilians; and

*Prohibiting their use against forests, unless those forests are being used as military concealment.

It's all right here ---> Protocol on Prohibitions or Restrictions on the Use of Incendiary Weapons

This sounds like nothing more than propaganda to me. As soon as you click on your link your shown a small child who obviously wasn't napalmed, what's the connection? Propaganda.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning."

"...the smell of victory."

There was a 1980 UN convention that banned its use vs civilian targets. But the US didn't sign the treaty.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Since when was Al-Jazeera a reliable source. Al-Jazeera is just a propaganda network like Fox and CNN. All they do is accuse the US of crimes without any evidence. I'm pretty sure the US is the only country that can use napalm since we were the only ones who felt we really needed it.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
First off the US never signed the 1980 UN treaty in which napalm was banned. They are not a member to this treaty so they cannot break it. Thats how these treaties work its the same with the any other treaty the NPT for example.

Ah, ok i understand .. so Iran should just retire from the NPT and everyone is happy, is this what you are saying ?

And Saddam should have retired from the treaties banning WMD to avoid the war ? What an idiot he didnt do it!

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mokuhadzushi

Ah, ok i understand .. so Iran should just retire from the NPT and everyone is happy, is this what you are saying ?

And Saddam should have retired from the treaties banning WMD to avoid the war ? What an idiot he didnt do it!

They indeed could withdrawl from the NPT under Article X. They have to give all members 3 months notice before they do though.

Article X
1. Each Party shall in exercising its national sovereignty have the right to withdraw from the Treaty if it decides that extraordinary events, related to the subject matter of this Treaty, have jeopardized the supreme interests of its country. It shall give notice of such withdrawal to all other Parties to the Treaty and to the United Nations Security Council three months in advance. Such notice shall include a statement of the extraordinary events it regards as having jeopardized its supreme interests.

You did not have to sign the NPT some countries did not Cuba, Isreal, India, Pakistan are examples that chose not to sign it. Thus they all could have nuclear weapons are not breaking the treaty.

Saddam was under conditions of a coalition that beat him in the 1990s Gulf war which are not the same thing as the NPT treaty. He could not withdraw from that

www.nuclearfiles.org...

[edit on 28-11-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The US can deny they used napalm in Fallujah and they would probably be telling the truth.

They said they are no longer using them but they are using something almost identical to napalm.
They have admitted to using Mark 77 firebombs during the Iraq war although I don't know if they were used in Fallujah.

As I mentioned on previous posts, they did use phosphorus shells in Fallujah, which burn through anything in their path.

Read this quote from the article:
�They used these weird bombs that put up smoke like a mushroom cloud� then small pieces fall from the air with long tails of smoke behind them."

He said that pieces of these strange bombs explode into large fires that burn the skin even when water is thrown on the burns.

Phosphorous arms and the napalm gas are known to have such effects. "People suffered so much from these," Abu Sabah said.

Now watch these videos:
2004-11-09 Fierce fight in Fallujah, phosphorus shells, Iraq (CBS).rm

2004-11-09 Into the heart of Fallujah, phosphorus shells, Iraq (CBS).rm

2004-11-09 U.S. Troops In Fallujah's Heart, phosphorus shells used, Iraq (KTLA).asf

2004-11-09 Forces reach heart of city, Fallujah Iraq (Fox News).wmv

[edit on 28-11-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Second it was only banned in the UN treaty from being used against civilian targets and if Aljazeera is the only proof you have it was used on civilains and not insurgents its not very convincing.

Third, Civilians shouldnt be in Fallujah because they were told by the US Military repeatedly to flee the city due to something called, whats that word...oh yea 'Total Urban Warfare'. It's not the US militarys job to discern the difference between a civilian and an insurgent. At least not in Fallujah.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
These damn terrarist are so uncooperative. Napalm is used to flush them out of their hiding places so bombs can be dropped on them.

And they call this a war.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Napalm eh. I suppose it's possible, but why they would use it when they have so many better options would be my question. Using something like that would turn more people against the U.S., so I see no benefit. It would be much easier just to drop huge ordinance.

So, is Al-Jazeera a good source of information or are they spreading propaganda to incite more people to join the war? I know all media is biased, but Al-Jazeera either has great inside information that none of the other news agencies are privy to or they have some professional propaganda creators working hard. Or is the propaganda machine of the west keeping all other news agencies from reporting these things?

Mokuhadzushi, you have made quite a few posts with topics that have originated at AL-Jazeera and you have included the links. Do you have any affiliation with AL-Jazeera or are you just trying to spread their word here?

Also, just kind of curious about where you are from or located (gen) at this time. What does PLA stand for in your location. Palestinian Liberation Organization or something else?

[edit on 28-11-2004 by outsider]

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by outsider
Mokuhadzushi, you have made quite a few posts with topics that have originated at AL-Jazeera and you have included the links. Do you have any affiliation with AL-Jazeera or are you just trying to spread their word here?

Also, just kind of curious about where you are from or located (gen) at this time. What does PLA stand for in your location. Palestinian Liberation Organization or something else?

Mokuhadzushi is offline but I think the PLA is the People's Liberation Army of China. I'm pretty sure that's where he's located.
Mokuhadzushi seemed to show up when Zcheng was banned so I wouldn't be surprised if they were the same person.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I was wondering what happened to Zcheng I didnt know he was banned, that would explain why I havent seen him post in a while.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Another typical propaganda statement. If you've ever seen napalm used (at a safe distance or on film, I trust), you'll know that it can't possibly be used in "secret". Its very spectacular stuff. And if its so secret, how do you know about it?

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexofSkye
Another typical propaganda statement. If you've ever seen napalm used (at a safe distance or on film, I trust), you'll know that it can't possibly be used in "secret".

Amen

What is described sounds more like WP than Napalm but what do you expect from the "Chinook airplane" crowd

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmukWhat is described sounds more like WP than Napalm but what do you expect from the "Chinook airplane" crowd

hehe

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join