It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD Detective Sues Fellow Cop After DWI Arrest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Seems an off duty chop fell asleep at a traffic light, and cops arrived to check it out. They then arrested him on a DWI charge, no breathalyzer, sobriety test, etc... They also filled a false report on the incident. The report was the opposite of the video taken of the event. A video the cops did not know existed. The report even contradicted other officers reports that arrived on the scene as well.

Typical, considering the chop filling the charge has been caught and disciplined in the oat for falsifying reports....and the dept lost a suit to the tune odd 6 million bucks.

Why is he still on the force is my question?

source link

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Kind of hard to tell from the bits of video what transpired there. He was apparently passed out long enough for the cops to be summoned to roust him. Thats not clean and sober behavior.

I said passed out, not fallen asleep.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Kind of hard to tell from the bits of video what transpired there. He was apparently passed out long enough for the cops to be summoned to roust him. Thats not clean and sober behavior.

I said passed out, not fallen asleep.

Passed out is your word....it is NOT in the article. It says he fell asleep....period. Please don't start defending these proven cooked cops by trying to change the story, or, you are as corrupted as they are IMO. Also the phrase "pass out" has a negative connotation to it as well. So, nice try but I'm not biting this worm...it seems to be bad.

edit on 5/1/2014 by Krakatoa because: Fixed fat finger mistakes

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Shouldn't an officer know that if you're going to charge someone with a DUI, take a breathalyzer or blood test? Anyone would get off without that piece of evidence.
Going by the article I'd say this is a false arrest.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz
Yes it is a false arrest. And my question still stands.

If this cop was already found guilty of previously filling a false arrest report...and the dept lost a lawsuit to the effect of 6 million bucks, WHY is he still on the force? Sounds to me like a prime example of the old boy blue line network protecting his butt....again. And that money comes from whose pockets? The poor taxpayers, that's who, not his, not the officers, not the department.

Any other job he would be tossed out for this behavior. But not the police force..no..gotta protect their "brothers" at all costs.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Please don't start defending these proven cooked cops by trying to change the story…

You misunderstood me. From a long recovery period in my own addicted life, I know what it means to pass out (fall asleep) at the wheel. Thats all I was saying.

One of the by lines in recovery meetings is passing out instead of falling asleep and coming to instead of waking up. Those are signs of drug abuse. Ever been on a run?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
sounds like there is stuff going on we don't know

join