It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus teaches Truth about Yin-Yang, acceptance of what is, and not worrying or desiring in The Bible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Buddhism teaches people to not be materialistic living in desire for more and more but instead to release it in order to find Nirvana.

Jesus said this:

Matthew 6:19-21
Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

If the treasure that you seek is of Heaven, then that is where our heart will be, but is the 'treasure' that Jesus is talking about a materialistic thing?

A few verses, after talking about the light of the eye, He says this:

Matthew 6:24
No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Mammon means "Money". Serving money means that you want more and more, which is greed.
Serving God means that you follow Jesus's teachings, and he gave his teachings on The Sermon on The Mount
(love thy enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, give to those who ask of you).

The interesting thing though, is that following Jesus's Teachings may be hard to do unless you realize a couple of things. For example, what normal human being would be ok with just being nice to every single person by doing good to them, loving them, and forgiving including the ones who are mean and hateful to the core? Most human beings one to feel righteous and take actions against those who they believe are 'lower' or 'worse' than them.

Here is The Key:

Matthew 6:25
Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

After saying this Jesus gives examples of how the birds of the air and the lilies of the field are taken care of by The Heavenly Father.

Then he says this:

Matthew 6:30-31
Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

Just like in Buddhism, you are not supposed to worry and get tricked into desire and confusion, because The Heavenly Father is taking care of us. We are supposed to accept life as it is , and give to those who ask of us and loving and caring for all even those who hate us because we know that our job is to do these good works while God's job is to take care of everyone.

In Buddhism you get rid of greed to feel fulfilled while staying detached from the world because you know that there is something deeper behind all of these physical things - Nirvana, Non-duality, perfect Peace and Bliss

In Christianity you get rid of greed and desire because you know that God is already giving to you and taking care of you, and you keep in mind that God is beyond all physical things and he IS the essence of Heaven, non-conflict, and peace.

Non-conflict is the reason why Jesus said to 'love enemies' and 'do good to those who hate you'. If you actually follow these teachings, then you will avoid conflict, and we are told that Jesus came from The Heavenly Father so his teachings are to represent and glorify Him.

Here is Jesus confirming my interpretation of what he's saying in the very next verses:

Matthew 6:32-34
(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek
for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

The Gentiles (The unenlightened/those who do not Know God), are those who live in greed, desire, and worry about physical things because they do know that it is The Heavenly Father that takes care of people. Jesus is teaching his followers this so that they can be enlightened about how things work.

When you seek first the Kingdom of God by following Righteousness, that means that you are following Jesus' Teachings on how to become a Son of God (gaining enlightenment - which is Knowing God).

Jesus explained his teachings in detail on The Sermon on The Mount but luckily, he also gave a short summary:

Matthew 5:44-45
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Basically you must Accept things as they are by loving your enemies, blessing those who curse you, and praying that the Heavenly Father will teach others who live in such hatred (cursing others, prosecuting others, and hating others) the truth about Him. Meanwhile you must do good to them , love them, and bless them, if you want to truly act as a Child of The Heavenly Father.

but beyond this - you must Appreciate The Heavenly Father by knowing that it is The Heavenly Father that gives and provides for you, and once you are in Appreciation, you won't feel the lack and need to try to steal from others or live 'for' money (mammon).

The Sermon on The Mount is about Acceptance of Others and being Loving and Kind to everyone (which is why you only bless them but never curse them making them feel low).

The "lillies" of the field story, which come after, is about true Enlightenedment because your Body and Spirit is at peace when you know that it is not your job to control or worry because it is God who takes care of you and provides and with this knowledge, you realize the fear of lack and actually feel comfortable about loving your enemies and giving to those who ask of you (Matthew 5:42).

Jesus was teaching to whomever would listen to him on The Mount and the "Gentiles" meant the outsiders who did not know God. Since Jesus came from The Father and knows The Father best, it is those who deny his teachings in The Sermon on The mount that are the true Gentiles, which is why Jesus said that following these teachings will make you "be the children of your Father which is in heaven" because if you follow HIS teachings, you are no longer a Gentile (an outsider, and unenlightened person which means one who does not know God), but you become a Child of God.

So the true duality of The Yin-Yang are those who live by The Spirit or The Body.

It is Those who live by The Spirit because they believed Jesus when he said that The Father is caring for you so just worry about loving others and giving to them, and Those who live by The Flesh because they do not know God and are unenlightened about the fact that The Father cares for His Children, so their Flesh lives in greed and worry because they did not trust that God will provide for you at the right time in life.

The Yin-Yang illustration of this:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
You can find many practically verbatim comparisons throughout the I ching/Taoist scripture, Sahaj Marg/Raja Yoga and many more with some of these thoughts you presented from the new testament. I have long believed that what you are sighting are the important, core of his philosophy utterly ignored in the bulk of churches built upon his teachings.

See ye 1st the kingdom of God...
The good Samaritan, or rather the parable to the lawyer on how to gain heaven.

In Sahaj Marg Raja yoga you meditate on the heart, and the heart is God

I could go on endlessly. Thanks for the thread, it caused some much needed evening contemplation.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
True but unbelievable story here. One day with about 1500$ to my name i got what i believe to be an invitation to ascend beyond this place. The spirit was strong within my self and communication was strong. i was told to wait a while for a sign. The next day i got a call from a family member on drugs asking for exactly the amount i had and at that time the previous days events were far from my mind. I used what i thought to be my best judgement and turned down the request for money and instead giving what i belived to be sound advice and tried to point the person toward rehab. Later the spirit returned to me and my shame of my choice was heavy then. It was a serious lesson that i still struggle with but got reasurrence that not only was my short comings were holding me back but that i would get it all together one day and that somehow i would become a beacon of sorts.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

It's interesting that you mentioned "The Heart". The Heart is has an energy-field of its own and is connected to appreciation. I talk more about this in another thread. The Heart Field, Oneness, Importance of Service to Self and what it truly is (Hint: Not Greed)

Appreciation seems to be the opposite of greed in many ways. Greed says "I don't have enough so I want more". Appreciation says "I am satisfied with all that I have".

Once that satisfaction is felt, then we can stop 'seeking' material goods. Our heart will be calm and the Peace of Heaven can be felt. Then we'll be more open to loving our enemies and giving to others.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

I think the best passage about not having desire in the Bible is the Lord's Prayer.

It basically says that you don't need desire because everything will be provided for you. Not only that, but good things will come as well.

top topics

join