It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subway removes ham and bacon from nearly 200 stores and offers halal meat only after 'strong demand

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
Anybody understand that this is another example of muslims taking over the UK? It's funny to joke about bacon sandwiches until you're living under sharia law.

Yes first it's ham and bacon next step the throne. Then everyone will be forced to say Allah save the queen.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010
Take note ... I agree with Buster and that doesn't happen very often.

There is nothing wrong with eating pork. It's better for you than other meats that are out there. And the religious law against eating it is from superstitious peasants 4500 years ago who would get sick after eating it because they didn't know how to prepare it, and because the animals like to wallow in mud. Nowadays we know how to properly handle the meat.

The good news .. the less bacon those people eat, the more for the rest of us who can appreciate it. Win/Win.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: dam00

So even though its cruel and barbaric, you would only think of the money you could earn?

I dont eat halal meat or w/e, but is it illgeal to kkill animals that way? yes id o know they suffer b4 they die, but its not banned is it? then what is the fuss?

If your customers wanted underage girls because in their religion it was ok to marry and have sex with them, would you be willing to provide that service, if the price was right of course?

That's a slippery slope and keep the pedophilic fantasies to yourself.

No I dont know what McDonalds serve in India maybe you could tell me

They don't have any meat in certain location and absolutely no beef. India might look at you and be like "disgusting murderers, killing cows for their gluttonous hunger"

Perspective is a beeitch!

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MeteoraXV

and muslims wonder why there is so much animosity towards them.
Its like they want to be treated differently than others. SO they will. That goes both ways...good and bad.

Idiots.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: luciddream
Oh was kind of hoping for a well thought out reply, I suppose the veiled insult will have to do

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: MeteoraXV

and muslims wonder why there is so much animosity towards them.
Its like they want to be treated differently than others. SO they will. That goes both ways...good and bad.

Idiots.

If the neighborhood Subway wants halal what's wrong with that?

Particularly if the franchise is neighborhood owned.

It worries me that people who call people idiots have an issue with coexisting to begin with.
edit on 4/30/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: dam00

You get what you put in.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Muslims forced Subway to do this? Um, yeah. They are offering a different menu in selected areas because they want to make MORE in those areas.

Halal food is better than ours. I've worked in the industry and not only is Halal butchering more humane than our "run them through fast" method the prepared food is much tastier than ours. Less fatty too. Now if they could only get passed that pork thing I could support it 100%. Pork...mmmmmmmmm.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Halal food is better than ours. I've worked in the industry and not only is Halal butchering more humane than our "run them through fast" method the prepared food is much tastier than ours. Less fatty too. Now if they could only get passed that pork thing I could support it 100%. Pork...mmmmmmmmm.

How does making an animal suffer make it less fatty ?

Its tastier, in your opinion

(Halal butchering more humane than our "run them through fast" method) I provided a link earlier in the thread to a quote from the UKs leading vet, do you have a better one, or is that also just based on your opinion ?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: dam00

originally posted by: intrepid

How does making an animal suffer make it less fatty ?

My bad. Missed a period. Obviously those are 2 different aspects.

(Halal butchering more humane than our "run them through fast" method) I provided a link earlier in the thread to a quote from the UKs leading vet, do you have a better one, or is that also just based on your opinion ?

No, experience. Like I said I worked in the industry. Mind I live in Canada. Maybe we are just naturally more compassionate.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Nothing wrong with pork over any other meat really in general, but bacon specifically is horrible for you. Take a look at the nutrition facts on it sometime...very bad. However, it does taste awesome!

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Not sure why the halal method is being discussed here. That a whole another topic.

This is a business move by the subway owners, not Muslim overlords.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
And what about when the world cup was on, oh no your not allowed to fly your England flags in your own country it mite offend! Its pathetic

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BoovDawg

Thats pretty stupid of whoever said that. But what is the connection to Subway's business move?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream
Not sure why the halal method is being discussed here. That a whole another topic.

Stop that. You are making sense. Whatever some need so that they can justify their bigotry.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoovDawg
And what about when the world cup was on, oh no your not allowed to fly your England flags in your own country it mite offend! Its pathetic

What? How does that relate to this topic?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream

True. Smart business move. They'll make more money.
(and the rest of us get more bacon.
)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: BoovDawg

So, a company FREELY CHOOSING to serve its customers what they want means those customers are taking over the place??? LOL Hilarious!

No! Its not just that its everything you do no that muslims mission is to spread the word of islam, persuade people (evryone) to join, and finally if all else fails to force people to become muslim dont you!?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Subway must be headed by the Muslim brotherhood, I hope this is a joke...

How can the decision of a few, impose such a grand change.

then again I suppose this is an Islamic country nowadays. If only the religious knew it was all a lie, they'd be choking on the bacon like the rest of us.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I simply cannot trust anyone that doesn't eat pork or anything else based on religious beliefs. If you want to preach intolerance.... then right back at you.

I could care less what subway chooses. Their business is dwindling amid more and more people choosing healthier options. No matter what meat you eat there it is full of nitrates and preservatives. How does lettuce sit out that long and not go brown? Voodoo, I say.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join