It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Julia Childs more then a master chef?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Julia Childs, the Queen of the Kitchen, who brough French cooking to millions of Americans in her books and cooking shows was not always the cooking deva. She started her carear as a file clerk for the OSS, now called the CIA. She also spent time in France, as well as China. So could it be possible she also did some spy work? Does any one happn to know anything of this or have an opinion?

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Yes this is true and it really isn't a secret anymore. You can find a fair amount of info on the subject if you hunt. I think there's even been a tv show on it. Julia Child (no s) worked as a spy for the OSS and later CIA. She met her husband and learned to cook while she was located in France. Incedentally, she recently died earlier this year.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Jupiter,
I was aware that she has recently died. Just had not heard any one speculate on weather or not she did any spy work, or if she was invalved in any intellegence related work other then the duties of a file clerk.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I always thought there was something CIA ish about her...

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
People, if you use search you might find what you what want.

Then agin you might not!

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I did actually do a google search on ATS. It did not pull up any links about her. Which is why I started the thread. I did not really exspect any good info to turn up, but you never really know what could happen.

top topics

join