It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Benghazi attack could have been prevented if US hadn't 'switched sides in the War. Reveals damning

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Citizens Committee on Benghazi claims the US government allowed arms to flow to al-Qaeda-linked militants who opposed Muammar Gaddafi.

We as Americans have lost so many rights due to the war on terrorism. The 4th amendment basically shredded. Ever expanding government agencies in the name of terrorism, accountability among our leaders swept away if need be with 2 words: National Security. The list goes on.... So when I see that we actually arm these terrorist as subcontractors to kill dictators it pisses me off. If the "American Way of Life" had to be transformed to fight terrorist, than so should our covert arming of terrorist apply. If accurate, it really bit us in the ass this time. Maybe this is the real reason for the intentional cover-up?

www.dailymail.co.uk... s-leading-Benghazi-attack.html

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: NotSoAnonymous

What difference, at this point, does it make?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

History always serves a point if one chooses to use the data contained within. The difference is that some of those in power are a bit more far gone than we have thought. Knowing is half the battle. This whole issue was an obvious gun running/mistake..

at this point what will make a difference is remembering names and recording deeds. Figuring out who may support our needs in the future rather than putting us at greater risk, a huge difference, doth that make!

For instance... Hillary Clinton needs to go and plant a garden or something. Anything she can keep her self busy with far away from the reins of power, that she too gleefully misuses..
edit on 24-4-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight
Figuring out who may support our needs in the future rather than putting us at greater risk, a huge difference, doth that make!

Agreed. Although those who have been following this debacle/tragedy will have gotten the reference.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

oops.

I've followed, but I tend to forget bull shiz as a rule.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Well...never mind the fact that Bin Laden used to be a CIA asset, and that the US armed the anybody who was fighting the Russians in Afghanistan...weapons that were subsequently used on the West cuz somebody missed the point....

13 Benghazis That Occurred on Bush's Watch Without a Peep from Fox News The Benghazi attacks (the consulate and the CIA compound) are absolutely not unprecedented even though they're being treated that way by Republicans who are deliberately ignoring anything that happened prior to Inauguration Day, January 20, 2009. (link)

The hypocrisy is tiresome.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

How ironic your words are EXACTLY matching Hillary to Senator Rand Paul's intense questioning at the hearing.

Are you her?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granite

How ironic your words are EXACTLY matching Hillary to Senator Rand Paul's intense questioning at the hearing.

Are you her?

think he was being sarcastic dude

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
Well...never mind the fact that Bin Laden used to be a CIA asset, and that the US armed the anybody who was fighting the Russians in Afghanistan...weapons that were subsequently used on the West cuz somebody missed the point....

But why are you pointing out that issue in this way? Bush sucked and so does Obama, and Clinton. Trying to make this a republican democrat thing is a rather poor choice for anyone, so pointing out hypocrisy can actually go against your motive if your motive is to fix things.

There is no scoreboard if the game ends with NO WINNERS...

Don't worry about the score dem or rep... Just worry about wrong and right as per your own ideals. We have to fix things and quick.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granite
Are you her?

Bite your tongue.

If I was her I would immediately immerse my head in the bath tub until I stopped blowing bubbles thereby sparing the rest of the country further disgust from my actions.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

But why are you pointing out that issue in this way?
Because the GOP is chewing on this like a dog on a bone, without acknowledging the larger geopolitcal picture that invites atrocities like this being committed in the first place. The West has this remarkable capacity to be affronted when brown people fight back.
edit on 24-4-2014 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...just because!!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Wow...the pitfalls of being mobile!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

So what? Remember in school when your teacher said

"don't worry about what johnny is doing, you need to be quiet." Meaning that who cares about dem or rep, just call ALL of them out ALL the time.

Well, don't worry about teams and how they are being portrayed currently. I'd rather you worry about answers. How do we stop ALL of these people.

the GOP sucks hardcore. They have completely lost republican values and any semblance of ethics.
the Dems suck hardcore. They have completely lost democratic values and any semblance of ethics.

Think more specifically and the problem won't even present itself as a GOP issue now.

I think the topic is more about benghazi, but I am glad you aren't trying to defend the killing of innocent Americans by the negligence of other Americans. That would be a sad view of your own morality.

BTW if you could fit me into one of the boxes you would call me a Hippy Liberal Democrat, who has conservative views on military spending.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I think the topic is more about benghazi, but I am glad you aren't trying to defend the killing of innocent Americans by the negligence of other Americans. That would be a sad view of your own morality.
And I think you are ignoring the big picture...why would anyone attack the American embassy in the first place?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I think you don't know me that well.
What am I missing that's so important that I havn't already said??

The big picture pits me against those in power. They don't fit in ONE group. Don't be so easily offended that evil people run America. Instead you should be the loudest one getting people out of the ranks of power on the left.

The big picture is what? I've been around the block a bit more than you may think. I'm only interested in REAL solutions these days. Figuring out whats all fair and passing around blame is beneath my game.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

You're the one that invoked Hillary, I'm just saying that she's not the first to have an embassy attacked on their watch. But you didn't answer my question...why should they be attacking Americans? It all comes back to OIL...follow the money. Too damn bad anyone has to die to benefit energy vampires.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

ok hillary.

lol

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

You're the one that invoked Hillary, I'm just saying that she's not the first to have an embassy attacked on their watch. But you didn't answer my question...why should they be attacking Americans? It all comes back to OIL...follow the money. Too damn bad anyone has to die to benefit energy vampires.

Nah it's not OIL.. It was very much more specifically the "Gold Standard," or to say another way without the personal euphemism, it's about central banks having the power over what something is worth.. If it's all compared with dollars then America carries the ruler. This is why others attack this imperial middle finger.

We will continue dying until we address problems as human problems as these problems don't follow any pattern bigger than humans plus money... No one group can be held accountable. The debt is ALL ours. Let's repay some of it? Let's help those who would blow us up, fix our country and stop raping theirs...

I don't think they care whether someone is named Hillary or George so much... I think they care about being raped.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
www.businessinsider.com...

That's why it matters, now we want to help these guys fight this leader
Later these weapons attack us

Go to next country and repeat
Iran
Afganistan
Pakistan
all the other ...ran's
And now Syria
Two years from now when our peacekeepers helicopters are being shot down there by missiles we provide now
What will be the excuse

Stop arming terrorists USA

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

Hmmm...

So Scroll back in time...Bush out Obama in.

New Doctrine...No longer invade and occupy, just nudge the balance to overthrow dictators.

Libya goes into revolution and the outcome is uncertain.

Run guns to the opposition...including rocket propelled grenade launchers et al.

Yay...they won..no "boots on the ground"...

Fast forward a few months and you have all these barely used, almost new shiny US arms floating around in the hands of people who don't have two pennies to rub together...

Of course they are going to auction the arms off....of course they aren't asking buyers their religious affiliation...this is BIG $$$ for these guys.

So..we send in Spec Ops/CIA and Amb. Stevens job is to ask around and find out who is selling and who is buying. CIA/Spec Op's job is to recover the arms, mostly through outbidding terrorists to buy our own arms back.

Unfriendly militants get tired of being outbid and interfered with and decide to hit their competitor for bidding. The fallout alone will take the USA offline in bidding/recovery.

That's just pretty much it. All the evidence is there. The CIA was actually paying the rent on the Benghazi "mission" not Embassy that was hit. It's why CIA had an office with Spec Ops down the street.

Now...Knowing all this...Who is responsible for what?

CIA? Yah...they are idiots for not predicting push-back as they collected arms and scuttled deals through $ and force with Militants.

Obama/Hillary for choosing the more distant strategy of arming the opposition? Sure...While Bush/Cheney didn't think through an exit plan after the war...Obama/Hillary didn't think through...what happens to those rocket launchers after the Libyan gov is toppled.

Meh...Our government at work...I am glad we didn't send in troops...On the eff up scale...Pres. Obama/Hillary screwed it up via a CIA that still never thinks 4 steps ahead...but it is a much smaller eff-up than Iraq and Afghanistan planning by a large magnitude.

The rest is rhetoric and politics.

edit on 25-4-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join