It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bounty Killer...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Hi folks.

I came across this film yesterday and watched it last night :

Bounty Killer is a 2013 post-apocalyptic action comedy directed by Henry Saine about celebrity assassins hunting the white collar corporate criminals responsible for the apocalypse. The film premiered at the Dallas International Film Festival in the USA and at Fantasia Film Festival in Canada.

The Plot :

Two of the highest ranked bounty killers in the Thrice Burned Lands, Drifter (Matthew Marsden) and Mary Death (Christian Pitre) team up to exterminate a party full of yellow-tied corporate criminals. Drifter’s explosive killing style is in stark contrast to Mary’s graceful way of delivering death to white collar scum. Despite their difference in style, they exhibit level of comfort with one another that seems to indicate a long and dynamic history between these celebrity assassins. After the fight moves to a skyscraper’s rooftop, Drifter disposes of his intended target and saves Mary from falling to her death.

More of the plot here : en.wikipedia.org...

The trailer :

Apart from falling instantly in love with Mary Death... what a pin up cracker... Being a big Tarantino fan and missing new stuff from him, I must admit that this is one of the best films that I have seen in quite a while which ressembles his style.

Great to see a film where the big corporates get it too...

Good music, good plot... and you don't need to think whilst watching... I recommend this film to those who enjoy this style of film.

For those NOT into silly gore/Mad Max/Tarantino... BEWARE, you will probably not enjoy.

Relish the film if you have not already seen it and if you have seen it already would love to hear your thoughts.

I will never wear a yellow tie again... *gulps*

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 24/4/14 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

Hmm, seems pretty rad.

I'm a big fan of Terintino films as well and have also been lamenting his lack of work. If I get the chance I'll be certain to check this one out. Thanks for the recommendation, Rodinus!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rodinus
I will never wear a yellow tie again... *gulps*

Umm, well... if you got that at least from the movie then I guess it's all good! LOL

But uh, what would one wear a yellow tie with, that must surely be difficult to colour coordinate with and clash with most other colours apart from...a yellow suit?

J/K!

Glad you enjoyed it. I for one rarely watch movies with an IMDB rating of less than 7.0 as I usually end up left wanting at the end of the movie, but then I'm not so young anymore and have watched plenty of sub-standard movies in my time. I know the IMDB rating is not always reliable, tastes differ etc but it can be a handy guide when choosing an OK movie and a great movie.

A yellow tie? Really??

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

You might like this one too if you have not already seen it Cag :

Planet Terror

With the sublime Rose McGowan

The film goes absolutely wacky half way through...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Normally my ties are dark... but you know how it is when the yellow runs out of an egg sandwich?

Oh gawwwdddd now I am all hungry...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   

thanks for that, will watch soon

if you don't know it yet, you might enjoy open grave (2013)

A man wakes up in the wilderness, in a pit full of dead bodies, with no memory and must determine if the murderer is one of the strangers who rescued him, or if he himself is the killer.

as a reviewer on imdb says "Trust me on this one. The less you know about this movie the better." (hence i'm not putting the imdb link)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: anHairInTheSoup

thanks for that, will watch soon

if you don't know it yet, you might enjoy open grave (2013)

A man wakes up in the wilderness, in a pit full of dead bodies, with no memory and must determine if the murderer is one of the strangers who rescued him, or if he himself is the killer.

as a reviewer on imdb says "Trust me on this one. The less you know about this movie the better." (hence i'm not putting the imdb link)

Thank you (not going to write your name as too long... what was the point of writing this it would have been easier to write your name?)

I shall check that film out this evening and let you know.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

what was the point of writing this it would have been easier to write your name?)

it is metaphoric: since 911, i call msm journalists soup waiter

i'd agree it's not very humble, but my intention is that my posts shall be hairs in the corporate soup (making an exception in this thread though) - so the people don't take it anymore (are you still hungry for more soup after you find an hair in it ?)

so there you go, making more sense now ?
edit on 24-4-2014 by anHairInTheSoup because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

what was the point of writing this it would have been easier to write your name?)

it is metaphoric: since 911, i call msm journalists soup waiter

i'd agree it's not very humble, but my intention is that my posts shall be hairs in the corporate soup (making an exception in this thread though) - so the people don't take it anymore (are you still hungry for more soup after you find an hair in it ?)

so there you go, making more sense now ?

It did make sense indeed right from the very beginning HIS (that sounds easier...)... my comment was my crap brit sense of humour... but understandable if some people don't get it.

Just give me a straw and a seive

Thanks for your comments and am going to check out the film you posted later on tonight, will be back with comments tomorrow... "legally" downloading it right now along with another film called Open Graves by Álvaro de Armiñán... guess what I am doing tonight?

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 24/4/14 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

argll shame on me, the frog outsmarted by the rosbeef
(& i thought i loved the monty python... must have missed the best of it)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

argll shame on me, the frog outsmarted by the rosbeef
(& i thought i loved the monty python... must have missed the best of it)

Yes... but I am a "Rosbif" living in Frog land

Vive la Touraine...

A bientôt

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 24/4/14 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

top topics

join