It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS members going crazy due to WorldWide Medical Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
What's the difference between a Computer Junkie and Vegetable...That is the question of the day. My father is on disability and takes more drugs than I did in college...However his drugs are prescription.

He has had over 70 treatments of ECT (electro-shock therapy) and still takes drugs to fight his Clinical Depression. His favorite past-time...Computers and online communities.

He literally has all the time in the world as he gets social security and disabilty checks from the U.S. Goverment and the Church - he used to be a pastor and assistant Bishop.

What percent of the ATS community do you think fits this discriptoin...And does it have any impact on the quality of content here. I believe there is a medical conspiracy - as most of us do - to dull the mind of the thinkers by creating problems in their lives until the point they are so weak they are open to suggestion and recieve forms of treatment they would have otherwise objected too.

Have you experienced this or have thought of this too??

[edit on 27-11-2004 by 00PS]

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Well, I can tell you with a surety that I do not fit this category. I don't take any kinds of drugs for any reason, recreational or medical.

I'm not sure of the worldwide medical conspiracy involved, but I know that I refuse to take drugs unless my life is dependant on it. I think it's extremely possible that drugs are used to numb the minds of people, if not for any other reason than how hasty doctors are to prescribe them. As a kid I was sent to doctor after doctor simply because I refused to go to school and my parents hoped it was a medical reason and not that I was rebelling or something. Each doctor diagnosed me with something different and prescribed with a different medication. My medical records would cause someone to believe that I have depression, ADD, and obsessive compulsive disorder to name a few. I had prescriptions for riddalin, Zoloft, Prozac, and some other crap. I never took a single pill, depsite the fact my parents spent over two dollars per pill. Drugs are a dangerous thing, in my opinion, atleast when not taken one hundred percent naturally. I won't even take a pain reliever for a head ache.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I'm on disability also due to effects from [inoperable] tumors that affect my heart rhythm and timing.

Softie [not correct spelling] documented--here--a great deal of helpful information and hints for me. I had no idea these tumors were the result of an infectious disease.

So, thanks to him I'm doing things much differently and hoping this will make a permanent difference in my resistance to fatigue and infections.

You have no idea how much I would love to go back to work. Typing into a Forum is simply no substitute for doing a good job at productive work. Let me tell ya.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I feel better without medication, and since becoming a Christian I haven't had major/clinical depression. That and a low-carb diet.

Some of the things I see posted on the Net are downright frightening, but I try not to let it get to me.

I think it also helps if you have a purpose in life.

I don't take painkillers because they really don't work, or if they do I get nausea/dizziness/drowsiness. Not worth it. And I've had surgery on my ankle over a year ago and I'm still in pain.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I am a senior computer programmer / systems analyst so I make my living designing software and sitting in front of the computer for long periods. I have worked with computers since I was 10. I don�t consider the lifestyle harmful if you take the time to get some exercise each day. Also, try to live a life outside the conspiracy boards and technology world.

Church helps, it brings more needful things into focus in your life that you might otherwise miss. For instance, my wife and I just helped finance building a clean water well in Ghana, Africa. Hearing the pastor talk about the village�s kids being so thankful for our (church�s) well so they would not get some seriously nasty illnesses again was very helpful for my mental health. It didn�t cost much either, we pitched in and raised $1500.00 to do it.

I don�t take anything stronger than wine or an occasional dose of Nyquil (when I get a cold, about 1-2 times a year). I think strong drugs are simply not the answer 99% of the time.

A good thing to remember is that you WILL die, and soon (relatively speaking). How do you want to be remembered? It is not important who dies with the most material goods, or who is right in a family dispute, or who ripped you off by lying to you�it�s MUCH more important to die with the most friends and family around that you possibly can.

For those of you suffering from depression I would recommend fresh air, exercise, and no Internet for you! Try getting involved in your church. If you are an atheist / not a church going person you can still volunteer at the local shelter / food kitchen. These are the things that REALLY cure that hole in your life that makes the world seem hopeless and grey.

Seriously, I think the mentally unstable have no business in places like ATS. Without a strong grip on your local physical and emotional life you don�t have any hope of correctly parsing life�s few real mysteries.

That�s my 2 cents anyway�.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
No Drugs Here. I make my living working with computers so I check in ATS a couple of times a day to see whats going on. Although I dont post as much as I used to mostly due to lack of time.

top topics

join