It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really Awesome Terrible Movies

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: lewtra

Good one! I really liked Cube too.

Delving into the 90s brings about a whole other level of awfulness, but here's one of my ALL TIME FAVORITES that I totally forgot about:

and also

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: MojaveBurning

IMHO, the "Made for TV" movies of the 70's were the best of the greasy, cheezy B classic horror films. Nothing was off-limits...werewolves, vampires, occult, witches and my personal fav...Gargoyles circa 1972!

Grab some Jiffy Pop, your adult beverage of choice and relive the days before videos and Netflicks...bwwwhhh.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: goldenalien

I am trying to star you but it isn't working.

I love that movie. I actually meet the entire cast and crew. Had them sign a poster that is hangining in my mancave. They were really nice people.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The Pirahna 3D movie is one of my faves....

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Yep god awful movies, but you just have to watch them to the end.. Here's one I watched the other night..

Four (bad) actors, three locations and time travel, it's a must watch. lol..

Cant believe, so far it's got 7.2 Ratings from 27,700 users on IMDb..

www.imdb.com...
edit on 25/4/2014 by lewtra because: spelling...

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
This should fill the bill!

Student Bodies!

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
[yvid]

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
ok trying again:

www.youtube.com...

At least I hope the link works. Anyway this movie, "Ahhhh Zombies!!!" is me and my husbands ultimate favorite "bad movie"! Certainly it must've gotten an award?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
It is another "found footage" style movie but this time it is in alien style. I actually enjoyed it, well the second half i was half busy when I started it. I just saw it and never heard from it before but it is a movie from 2011.

Report 51

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Bad taste

peter jackson before he was famous

so bad it's fab

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
To add a YouTube video you only need to enter the code.

Your link:
www.youtube.com...

Only copy the:
yQeQ5oUjRnA

And it works like this:

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: marvinthemartian

Bad taste is with those aliens and flying house right?

What was the other movie of Peter with the zombies? I liked that one too but cant recall the name

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

The Acid House

Is pretty funny too

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Woah. Why is Cube on this list? That film is far from terrible. The acting is pretty hammy, and it was made on a low budget, but that doesn't make it a terrible movie. If you can look past the cheesy performances, it is highly original, has a wonderful atmosphere and is brimming with a wonderful underbelly of subtext. I'd go so far as to say it's definitely one of the best sci-fi films of the 90s. What it lacks in a Hollywood budget and special effects team, it more than makes up for in ingenuity.

I disagree with Ong Bak as well. There are a host of shockingly bad Kung Fu movies out there to choose from, but I wouldn't call Ong Bak one of them. It's a gem of a martial arts film. It has great production values, awesome set pieces, and amazing choreography. So, the plot could probably be written down on a matchbox, and it's all about style rather than substance. But, that is the basis of the genre. You don't watch a martial arts film for the character development. Ultimately, I think this one comes down to taste, rather than just good or bad. Otherwise, the implication is that there is no such thing as a 'good' Kung Fu film, which I would very much disagree with.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: 8BitOperator
Woah. Why is Cube on this list? That film is far from terrible. The acting is pretty hammy, and it was made on a low budget, but that doesn't make it a terrible movie. If you can look past the cheesy performances, it is highly original, has a wonderful atmosphere and is brimming with a wonderful underbelly of subtext. I'd go so far as to say it's definitely one of the best sci-fi films of the 90s. What it lacks in a Hollywood budget and special effects team, it more than makes up for in ingenuity.

This is exactly WHY I think it made the list! Cheesy performance and low budget set it into the terrible movie class, while all the wonderful aspects you pointed out make it classify as awesome. Awesome terrible movie.

As for ong bak (which I never can remember the name of, I always want to call it bong cok for some reason lol) I just don't care for martial arts movies at all, so I don't think I am personally a very good judge of this one. Maybe whoever posted that one can enlighten us on why it was chosen!

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass
To add a YouTube video you only need to enter the code.

Your link:
www.youtube.com...

Only copy the:
yQeQ5oUjRnA

And it works like this:

Thanks for the tip!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join