It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Jong-un smiles when seeing elite fighter squadron in combat ready condition

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Link from liveleak. These fighter jets seem old.

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
If a mig -21 is the best they got I assure you the west can wipe the smile from his face in a heart beat !

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

They're J-7s, which were developed from the Soviet MiG-21. The Chinese upgraded it and built a lot of them.

They're older, but still can be deadly if you aren't careful.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
That porky lil' duuuuufus doesn't look like a mass murderer, does he?
But he's got a whole lotta' bad karma sitting on his head ....
I feel so bad for the starving masses of people in that country ....
and that killer dweeb smiles and smiles ....

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Kimmy and his vintage airforce. These are dangerous, one can take on 5 western aircraft and emerge victorious.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Jesus,

His bloody haircut makes me chuckle every single time,

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Forgot to mention some of the comments on liveleak are a bit rich for younger viewers.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
They could possibly pull off a sneak attack with those jalopies, but if a war was on, they'd never get one off the ground.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
WOW..talk about bad hair .I am sure some mother loves him, I shouldn't be so so so I don't know .

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Am I the only one bothered by the fact that our guns fire red tracers (soviet tracers are green) and our enemies dress like the Rebel Alliance?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

FlyersFan wrote:
But he's got a whole lotta' bad karma sitting on his head ....

Well, there's a whole lot of leaders in the developed western world that have a whole lot of bad karma to answer for, as well.
edit on 22-4-2014 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
YES

Achievement unlocked: North Korea enters the 1960s age

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

This stupid fat man thinks 60 year old tech is the bees knees. Goes to show just how far off the deep end these guys are. They would last about 1 week against the south. They would be like Iraq army seeing the hand of god coming down on them.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Outside of some 30 or so MiG 29s the entire North Korean Airforce is like a flying museum of early Cold War aircraft. Granted they can not afford to fly them very often for training so they can stretch the life span on those suckers for much longer. I think NK pilots get 20 to 25 hours flight time a year while in NATO the least allowed to even stay qualified is around 125 to 150 hours a year.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
They're older, but still can be deadly if you aren't careful.

To whom?

The pilot or their adversary?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Well considering older aircraft have managed to take down the most advanced aircraft built in DACT I wouldn't frown on it just for its age. If they use it right it can create nightmares for an opposing force.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Mig21: Nearly as good thrust to weight ratio and longer range than F15, Mach 2 capable, nearly as high rate of climb as an F15 or F16.

The delta wing, while excellent for a fast-climbing interceptor, meant any form of turning combat led to a rapid loss of speed. However, the light loading of the aircraft could mean that a climb rate of 235 m/s (46,250 ft/min) was possible with a combat-loaded MiG-21bis,[1] not far short of the performance of the later F-16A. Given a skilled pilot and capable missiles, it could give a good account of itself against contemporary fighters. Its G-limits were increased from +7Gs in initial variants to +8.5Gs in the latest variants.

Not too bad for an old fart of an airframe, although it is lacking in any serious avionics sophistication.
edit on 22-4-2014 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-4-2014 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Other than the avionics, its actually probably better than the current legacy fleet in our inventory, certainly at least as good. With their age, and limitations imposed by it, and the fuselage issues some have, they're limited in what they can do.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Well considering older aircraft have managed to take down the most advanced aircraft built in DACT I wouldn't frown on it just for its age. If they use it right it can create nightmares for an opposing force.

How

A quick well planned sneak attack ?

Or in a full scale war? With heightened alertness

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I know that in the right hands it could be formidable.

I've just been spoiled/jaded because fairly recently I've moved to a location where I see the F-22 come and go *flying low over head almost daily

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join