It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Handy ADC Tarot Spread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
As I posted in another thread recently, I generally use my Tarot deck to chat with passed friends and family. This is due to the fact that I don't read for other people, and I am too aware of the fact that Tarot is only a snapshot of how the immediate future is evolving and not a ironclad reveal of how the future will definitely emerge, for me to bother with it as a divination tool. It really can be an excellent communication platform between this Material Realm and the Eternal Realm if a person completely understands what is happening and why it is happening, as they work with someone they know who lives within the Eternal Realm to establish a communication protocol. Keep in mind, however, that as with any inter-personal exchange, the specifics will evolve to best suit the two people involved, so what I'm about to share with you is just how it worked between myself and my brother (he passed in June of 2011) and your own communication specifics will probably have their own unique features

My brothers and I have finally gotten to the point of putting a normal, traditional tombstone on my youngest brother's grave. Jeff died in June of 2011 in the northern corner of Georgia, and the whole situation was really unpleasant due to the circumstances and the State of Georgia's disinterest in the specifics concerning why he died and exactly when he died. I won't go into the specifics, but I will say that he was found in his efficiency apartment by the motel staff after a period of time when they entered his room to inquire about rent he owed for that week. He'd been down for some days by then. GA never fully examined what killed him, and the death certificate never listed his actual date of death (although if he'd been murdered they could've figured it out easy enough). They simply listed the date he was found (June 16th), and then they closed the book on him. I was the one who was sent down to that backwater to retrieve his personal effects and sign for his body to be shipped to NY for burial.

This spring we're finally getting the stone designed, produced and placed so that it'll be on site for a stone laying ceremony in June. Again, I'm the one doing the hands-on since I'm the broke one in the family and all I have to offer is my time and attention to making sure it gets done. The part that this thread will be focusing on is that problem that I've been having with Jeff's "died on" date for his stone. I refuse to put the "discovered by cops" date, since he'd been dead for some days by then, but no one ever bothered to figure out when he actually died. My "most successful" brother received the death certificate back in 2011 (he wrote the check for the funeral, and the funeral director is the one who does the death certificate - not the GA coroner) and I've never seen it. I just assumed that his death certificate would be required to list the actual date of death, even if not the time of death, but I was wrong. Apparently, GA doesn't even provide public records access to anyone, but vends the entire public records thing to a private sector website (Archives.com) and they charge you after teasing you that it's free and getting you to submit a credit card number. Pretty ugly little marketing scam, but I digress.

So, as of yesterday evening, I still didn't know the death date, but I did know that there was nowhere I could turn to get that date. I also knew that the date was one of three possible dates - Jun 12, 13 or 14 - since I had done my research, and had secured a window between last known contact and when he was discovered, as well as a fairly vivid description of the condition he was in when they opened that room door. Now, all I needed was a definitive answer concerning which date (of the three) it was.

So, I decided to ask Jeff.

The spread I used is a really simple one. On the right, you place your own significator card (I use my Chaldean Destiny Number - 42/6 - and select the Tarot card with that number - 2 of Cups) under the Sun Card (signifying the fact that you occupy the Material Realm), and you place the significator card of the person you want to contact (Jeff's is the Knight of Cups - 39/3) under the Moon Card (signifying that the person you are trying to contact lives in the Eternal Realm). Then, you leave room between the two card groupings for as many cards as you feel you need to answer the question or to allow your contact a full statement. This is the layout that I photographed yesterday after the reading I did.

As you can see, the photo includes his answer, and to help explain how it worked, I took that photo and marked it up a little in my PowerPoint program. I actually did that so that I could email my brothers and explain to them why I was going to go ahead with the date that I've decided to go with instead of the June 16th date on his certificate. Screw Georgia. They obviously don't give a damn one way or the other anyway.

(I'll have to post a second post since this site isn't capable of handling much in the way of content per post. Oh well.

edit on 4/22/2014 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
And this is how I explained it to my brothers. They're both business execs, and are used to bullet points and partial sentences. Maybe it'll resonate with one of you, and you can use this spread for your own chats with loved one who have passed.

So, Jeff got back to me about the date of his death, and I wanted to share it with you guys so that you could see how this sort of thing works. Since my near miss in 2011, I've been able to (at times) connect with dead friends and family through my cards. It's a pretty straight-up process whereby the spirit of the passed person chats with my own spirit, and then my spirit tells me via the cards that come up in the spread that I took a photo of here.

To make it work (for me anyway), I have to know the Chaldean Numerological vibration of the person, and lay out the information request with that person's card and my own card on the ends (along with the Sun and Moon cards to denote the two human realms involved in the conversation).

As you can see, I have Jeff's Knight of Cups (#2) on the left and under the Moon card (#4) signifying that I'm connecting with Jeff, who resides in the "spirit" Informational Realm. My card, the 2 of Cups (#1) is beneath the Sun card (#3), to the right, signifying that I'm still alive and residing within the Material Realm. I leave room between these two positions for three information cards that will be shuffled into position as my "spirit" works with my brain-hand coordination system to "shuffle the right cards into position" for the reveal.

I ask Jeff to just tell my "spirit" the date of his death, and I told him that I knew that it could be any one of three different dates (Jun 12, 13 or 14). I made sure he understood that my own "spirit" would translate his reply properly for me through the symbols on the cards that will come up, and to just be clear concerning the date.

The reveal was pretty friggin' revealing.

This is how the middle cards came up - exactly.

Probably the best way to do this is to simply bullet-point my observation and translation.
  • #5 - the 6 of Swords
  • #6 - the 3 of Cups and the 10 of Cups.
  • Two different suits here - Swords and Cups
  • One Sword suit card - 6
  • Two Cups suit cards - 3 and 10

• The single Swords suit card here signifies that this card represents a unique delineation relative to the two Cups suit cards, suggesting that we've got two groupings here.
  • I'm looking for a specific date here, and I've given him three dates to choose from (since it could only have been one of those three dates).
  • June is the 6th month, and since that first card (#5) is the only Swords suit card (and it's a 6 of Swords), I'm seeing that card as representing June - the month that Jeff died.
  • The next two cards (#6) are both Cups suit, so I'm grouping them together.
  • They add up to 13 (3 of Cups and 10 of Cups), so I'm reading them as the 13th day of the month.
  • The results state that Jeff told me that he died on June 13th.

You guys can think whatever you like, but it actually makes the most sense to me that Jeff died in the early morning hours of Monday June 13th. After all, he would've put a call in to someone on that Monday after driving back to his room Sunday (dead broke) to see if anyone could help him stay in that room for another week as he figured out his next move, and that call was never made after his call to Tom on Sunday evening (June 12). The hotel manager had been knocking on his door since Monday morning for the rent, since his car was right there in the parking lot. I'm just surprised that they waited until Thursday to let themselves into his room to see what was up.

As far as I'm concerned Jeff's closed the book on this mystery.

So that's a real life case history on how to communicate with a dead friend or relative with your Tarot Deck. It's not magic, but it is pretty amazing at times. I think that Jeff is okay with my sharing this, since if he wasn't, he wouldn't be above crashing my operating system on me. He was a complicated guy, and a true artist whose best work was the transformation of immediate perception of people in real-time as they remained ignorant of exactly what was happening. He was a real life Andy Kaufman character who was completely fascinated with the people around him. He'd be pretty interested in being the subject of this sort of examination as long as it was shared in public.

Thanks for taking a look at this.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: NorEaster

Awesome! I love the significator idea for the person you are trying to contact.

I think your explanation of the mechanics and mine are similar when it comes to contacting the other sides through Tarot (ie "have your people talk to my people and we'll throw down some cards")

This spread seems so intuitive and makes so much sense that I'm having a hard time understanding why I haven't just done it this way before. Thank you so much for sharing; I'm definitely going to remember it.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

Awesome! I love the significator idea for the person you are trying to contact.

I think your explanation of the mechanics and mine are similar when it comes to contacting the other sides through Tarot (ie "have your people talk to my people and we'll throw down some cards")

This spread seems so intuitive and makes so much sense that I'm having a hard time understanding why I haven't just done it this way before. Thank you so much for sharing; I'm definitely going to remember it.

I found it years ago on a tarot forum and like you said, it's really intuitive and makes sense. That's why I thought you guys might like it. Besides, it works more often than not and that's important as well.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I'm fairly new to tarot.

How do I find out my own or anyone else's significator card?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Hi NorEaster. I like this spread (never seen it before). I tend to use Orphalese Tarot these days and use the Celtic Cross as my spread. The programme has a spread creation wizard so might have a go at creating your spread. The thing I like about Orphalese you can set the reversals and the seeded shuffle (where you type anything into a box) makes it completely random.

I did a reading for myself last night relating to my current illness of 6 months (CFS/FIBRO/ME) and it was very accurate. It was so nice not to see the tower reversed which I was getting in previous readings lol. My card is the Prince of Wands. How did you identify your brother's card if you don't mind me asking?

EB

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: earthblaze
My card is the Prince of Wands. How did you identify your brother's card if you don't mind me asking?

EB

Hi

I'll answer yours and doobydoll's questions here to make it handier, since they're both about how you determine your own card and/or the card for others.

All of the "occult sciences" are based on pretty much the same thing - fundamental influences that affect a person's development, and determining a fairly broad measure of what those fundamental influences might bring into manifestation within an average person. Of course, not every fundamental influence will affect every individual in the same way, but back in ancient times, the wealthy had their means of "demographics studies" and evaluating the efficacy of any of a variety of theories that existed concerning why certain types of people exist, what those types are, and what it might be that causes people to belong to one type as opposed to any other.

One of the influences that they all seem to have agreed upon was the influence of sound vibration on people; specifically the sound of their own birth names being spoken to them as they were babies and then young children. Not the spelling of the name, but the actual sound of the name as pronounced by those in their immediate family as each child became more and more psychologically associated with the name that they'd been given.

We each are still affected by the sound of our own birth name, and it'll always be our primary identity source relative to all other people that we know and will ever know. I expect to be challenged on this by some, but the fact is that this has been the case throughout human history and exceptions to this and any other basic tenet don't prove the rule and never have.

Numerology originated as a means to designate, and eventually to control the average person that lives within a structured society, through the culturally established value assignment of numbers to very specific and precisely crafted vocal sounds and inflections that could be combined and quantified in a way that (over the course of many centuries) succeeded in providing the average person (and this has been discovered to cut across all major civilized cultures in the ancient world) with a self-fulfilled expectation involving intellectual focus, general temperament, and overall predictability as a member of that specific society. Basically, it was how the rich and powerful stacked the every day deck in their own favor on behalf of their descendants. Of course, over time, the original intent was lost, even if the scheme's successful impact became a literal survival code within the DNA of subsequent generations over many 1000s of years.

Yes, the influence of those 9 basic "vibrations" persists within your own DNA. It's part of what geneticists consider "junk DNA" since it has nothing at all to do with your height, weight, hair color or eye color. It's part of the basic survival instruction manual (like crying and laughing) that we all showed up with as soon as we were evicted from our first room at mom's place.

Chaldean Numerology is the only accurate Numerological method that exists, and only if you ignore the spelling of the name and focus on the sound of the name being spoken by the people the person grew up with. Yes, accents and odd pronunciations and all that. You're trying to determine the vocal sounds that the person instinctively associated with their own unique and inimitable identity. Leeya Brooke Thompson is the only researcher that I know of that has any material published concerning how to do this, and it's stunningly accurate.

You then take the numbers that you've determined after adding up the sounds of your own name - mine came out to 42, and directly associate that number to the Tarot deck. The book Numerology and the Divine Triangle is the only book that I know of that lines the numbers up with the cards accurately, even if the authors embrace the Pythagorean Method of Numerology (which is pretty useless).

Be sure to not reduce your name number (Destiny Number) to a single digit unless it is larger than 78 (only 78 cards in the Tarot deck). Whatever your Destiny Number is, that's your significator card, and since it's an instinctive association, if you use it to connect or communicate with someone (using their Destiny Number card as well) the connection will be undeniable. The number will be your ringing telephone (so to speak) and the call will be more likely to be answered.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hey thanks for taking the time to explain this. Fascinating. I often meditate to the Gyuto Monks harmonic chanting which to me is all about vibration and resonance. The book you mention is not expensive so will try and get a copy.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Hi All,

Another source for how to calculate Chaldean name numbers et al is at www.thereadingroom101.com. Check it out - there is also a simplified book on the topic.

Namaste.
GI

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenIrish

Hi All,

Another source for how to calculate Chaldean name numbers et al is at www.thereadingroom101.com. Check it out - there is also a simplified book on the topic.

Namaste.
GI

I want to point out one extremely important issue that a person will always run into when simply converting letters in a name to numbers on any chart. Depending on the spelling of your name (example Anne versus Ann) you can end up with a very different Name Number. There is also the difference between the pronunciation of certain letter groupings that are the result of where/how those groupings exist within a word or name. An easy example is the combination of T and H - th - in many words and names.

In Heather, the 'th' has a coarser sound, which gives it a '5' vibration. In Keith, the 'th' is much softer, breathier, and that gives it a '9' vibration within that name. With a straight letter to number replacement strategy, the 't' is just '4' and the 'h' is just '5', providing a completely altered Name Number. In fact, when approached using the actual sound vibrations of the name as phonetically uttered, the 'h' itself can contribute either a harsher '8' vibration (Hanukkah) or a breathier, more aspirant '5' vibration (heavenly) - both of these examples were taken directly from Leeya Thompson's excellent book The Wisdom of Sound and Numbers.

As you can see, spelling isn't the key to accurately transposing the original Chaldean Method from the Sumerian language (or whatever language was originally spoken when the original method of Numerology was devised). You have to approach the calculation phonetically. They had a completely different alphabet.

Yes, it might seem like a no-brainer to know better than to simply approach the whole thing as a letter swap, but the Western attitude has always been a complete dismissal of other cultures and any sense of relativity when taking from those cultures. I hope this brief explanation helps anyone that's serious about learning how to access what is a very ancient cross-cultural determinant.

top topics

join