It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan, Security tightened in Tokyo before Obama visit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Well, President Obama will be here tomorrow and North Korea may test a nuke also tomorrow. I wonder how that is all going to play out.

Police in Tokyo are tightening security one day before the scheduled arrival of US President Barack Obama.

Obama is to visit Japan as a state guest from Wednesday through Friday on the first leg of his Asian tour.

The Metropolitan Police Department has mobilized 16,000 officers, or about one-third of its staff, to prepare for possible attacks by terrorists or radical groups. The mobilization is the largest by the police since an APEC meeting 4 years ago.

At Haneda Airport, where Obama is to arrive, officers are patrolling for suspicious people or items. An observation deck and parts of parking buildings are to be closed off several hours before and after his arrival.

Checkpoints have been set up around the State Guest House, where Obama is scheduled to meet Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe. Riot police are posted about every dozen meters around the facility.

Riot police are also assigned to patrol in and around Tokyo Station, a key railway terminal. Use of about 5,300 lockers there has been suspended.

Police are inspecting vehicles around the clock near the US Yokota Air Base on the outskirts of Tokyo. Five years ago, a launcher containing an explosive was found near the base before Obama visited Japan.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I hope nk's nuke test isnt mounted on a taipodong missle or 10. I like japan.a reply to: musicismagic

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Increasing security for obama's visit?
That's a shame.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
can't stop radiation
eta
NK doesn't have to nuke Japan...the US has already done that twice
and GE once

edit on Tuepm4b20144America/Chicago07 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on Tuepm4b20144America/Chicago31 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join