It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dawn of a new era of aircraft, the X-45

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The new X-45 unmanned aircraft has the weapon capacity of delivering 1,000lb to 4,500lb bombs on to a target without be detected at an alititude of 40,000 feet.

www.livingroom.org.au...

Tell me what you think

[edit on 27-11-2004 by The_RichDude]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
It sound like a very appealing aircraft. Do you have any idea on the cost or matinence required to buy them and keep them flying?

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
do you recon i could fit one in my back yard?

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by llama009
do you recon i could fit one in my back yard?

If your back yard is 40 ft by 50 ft then yes, it would hold the X-45C along with just a little wiggle room.

[edit on 13-12-2004 by intelgurl]

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Thats certainly one sexy looking RPV...I wonder how many UFO reports this will generate (or has generated?)...

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   
That's one killer lookin' machine.. I'm asking the same question as Plazma.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
On friday, Dec. 10th 2 Bloc 3, Boeing X-45A's flew together in coordinated flight piloted by one operater.
Operating under the call signs Stingray 01 and Stingray 02, the aircraft flew together for over an hour. During a previous mission this month, the same X-45A's flew successfully in different formations, demonstrating the ability to autonomously enter and exit coordinated flight based on pre-identified points and showing the ability to dynamically alter the formation in all three axes simultaneously.

Now if they can just put a rat brain in it for a bio-controller we'll be well on our way to a sci-fi future...

Boeing: X-45's continue coordinated flights

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Yup, they're working hard on these beautiful aircraft.

The X-45C is expected to hit the sky early 2006. www.air-attack.com...

In the meantime the A version will be updated and tested with newer hard- and software. For the same DAPRA/USAF/USNAVY J-UCAS program, the X-47 also gets improvements, and also a second, larger version, the X-47B.

btw, Im still looking for some data I couldn't find several weeks ago, the X-45Cs height and mission take-off weight. If anyone has that info, please email/u2u me, thanks.

new topics

top topics

join