It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Friend Just Saw What I Think Is A Doppleganger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I was just talking to my friend who just told me that she had seen another friend walk across the parking lot with another person. However, the friend she was talking about is in the hospital have a major procedure done.

The first friend didn't know the other was in the hospital when she was telling me this, because I was talking about house sitting for her cat. Then friend told me in detail how she was dressed and how she was walking. I was confused by this so I called my other friend to see if she had come home yet and she was still in the hospital.

While she was saying this, in full detail, swears that she was with another lady. She didn't know the other one was in the hospital. I thought about it and think that it must be a Doppleganger, what do you think?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
sa reply to: WarminIndy

No, the likelihood is a look alike not doppelganger.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy
It could have been the doppelganger. It could have been someone that looks like the friend.

I know that there are dopplegangers. I had friends that saw mine. In one case, they actually spoke to the doppleganger and were convinced that it was me. I was in an office a mile away.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

That is an interesting story. In all probability, your friend saw a look alike. I've had friends swear they've seen me in places, I've not been.

If there are dopplegangers. I wish mine would come do some of my housework...I'm tired of doing all their work and mine too.

Dopplegangers get to have all the fun...

Des

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
If is a doppleganger, take precautions. Many people that saw dopplegangers died weeks after.

But dont worry, it maybe just a look alike ;D

edit on 4~18~2014 by Aeboro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

That is an interesting story. In all probability, your friend saw a look alike. I've had friends swear they've seen me in places, I've not been.

If there are dopplegangers. I wish mine would come do some of my housework...I'm tired of doing all their work and mine too.

Dopplegangers get to have all the fun...

Des

There is no look alike in my building, we all live in the same building so the chances of a look alike is slim to none because we know who is in this building and we know the family members who come and go. This one was seen in the parking lot of this building.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

It couldve been. I once was stopped at a traffic light...and looking in my rearview mirror....I swear I saw my wife and I in the car behind me. Same look, hair, glasses...except my wife was not with me. That was one of the freakiest things that ever happened to me!

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Question...does your friend have any relatives that live in the area?

I have been mistaken for multiple cousins of mine, from both sides of the family and vice versa, many times. We dont look that much alike, but enough and share alot of the same characteristics coming from the same family.

I'm not trying to cast doubt on the doppelganger theory, I've had personal experience with one, but need to ask just the same.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
It could have been the doppelganger. It could have been someone that looks like the friend.

I know that there are dopplegangers. I had friends that saw mine. In one case, they actually spoke to the doppleganger and were convinced that it was me. I was in an office a mile away.

Several times, I've had people mention seeing me in places I've never been, or haven't been for months. "Just saw you there this morning. I swear it." "Nope, wasn't me." Then I come across as a jerk. Well, sorry. It really, really was not me. But next time you see him...tell him I'm coming, and that he'd better be wearing body armor when I find him.

edit on 18-4-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: youdidntseeme
Question...does your friend have any relatives that live in the area?

I have been mistaken for multiple cousins of mine, from both sides of the family and vice versa, many times. We dont look that much alike, but enough and share alot of the same characteristics coming from the same family.

I'm not trying to cast doubt on the doppelganger theory, I've had personal experience with one, but need to ask just the same.

No female relatives here, she has a brother a year younger. Her daughter is in South Korea but well younger than me. No cousins that I have ever heard about in this town.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

Several times, I've had people mention seeing me in places I've never been, or haven't been for months. "Just saw you there this morning. I swear it." "Nope, wasn't me." Then I come across as a jerk. Well, sorry. It really, really was not me. But next time you see him...tell him I'm coming, and that he'd better be wearing body armor when I find him.

LOL AfterInfinity.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

It always helps--frequently hurts--the story if there are more pertinent details about how close was one of these gals to the to the other. How well the one knew the other, etc. Having often as a teenanger being mistaken for another guy, I know that situation is not that uncommon. Of course in my situations the mistaken person chanced to speak to me and we both found out that she was mistaken.

On second thought, that may have been my problem all along. I"M A DOPPELGANGER! Well, I guess that is better than being a gangbanger (in the modern use of the term [or as in the old use, as I think about it]).

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity
In the case that I mentioned, I stayed at the office and worked through lunch. My coworkers went out to lunch in a car. They got kind of angry with me later because I would not explain to them how I got to the office before they did. I couldn't explain it to them because I had never left the office. They went a mile away to lunch and saw me sitting outside the restaurant at a table eating a hot dog. They talked to me (at least they said it was me ) and I was still sitting there when they left. They were astonished when they returned to the office and found me in my office. I did not have a car at the time and walked to work.
They had a conversation with this person and had no reason by appearance, voice or mannerisms to believe that it was anyone other than me.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality_javascript:external()

For your edification:

dop·pel·gäng·er noun \ˈdä-pəl-ˌgaŋ-ər, -ˌgeŋ-, ˌdä-pəl-ˈ\ : someone who looks like someone else : a ghost that looks like a living person

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

originally posted by: TechniXcality_javascript:external()

For your edification:

dop·pel·gäng·er noun \ˈdä-pəl-ˌgaŋ-ər, -ˌgeŋ-, ˌdä-pəl-ˈ\ : someone who looks like someone else : a ghost that looks like a living person

which definition do you believe the OP was referring? and obviously dose two plus two equal four?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
IOP, unless your friend was up close and talking with the said person, It's more than likely a resemblance, So many times i see people who resemble others including myself.

Now for butcherguy,
That's pretty interesting, this would be more in the line of weird, I like to know what your hotdog look alike thought after your friends left. LIke, I pulled a fast one on them, man if I could only be there when they see who they though I was. hehe

a reply to: AfterInfinity
In the case that I mentioned, I stayed at the office and worked through lunch. My coworkers went out to lunch in a car. They got kind of angry with me later because I would not explain to them how I got to the office before they did. I couldn't explain it to them because I had never left the office. They went a mile away to lunch and saw me sitting outside the restaurant at a table eating a hot dog. They talked to me (at least they said it was me ) and I was still sitting there when they left. They were astonished when they returned to the office and found me in my office. I did not have a car at the time and walked to work.
They had a conversation with this person and had no reason by appearance, voice or mannerisms to believe that it was anyone other than me.

top topics

join