It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI - Game of Pawns Video...Interesting Watch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Found this today. Snuck it in this forum.

Its basically the story of a Glenn Shriver who was a young college student who did some travelling abroad in China and was recruited to spy. Shriver was later arrested and there is a short interview with him at the end. He explains how young college kids are being recruited to apply for positions with the US Gov where China assists them financially in return expecting classified information. I didnt post this to argue any politics I just found a peak at the world of espionage interesting.

Warning: The acting and video is very very lame. The link I provide provides an article which describes the video pretty good...and the video which is 28 mins long. Worth watching if you got the time and can get past the lameness.

Game of Pawns

I also found it neat that this is pretty recent in terms of details...I think he was arrested 3 years ago if I remember right. It makes me wonder how big of a problem this is.

Also I was reading some comments about the video and one struck out in my mind where they argued that many college kids are graduating with major debt and little job outlooks..it only seems natural to attempt something like this. Maybe now more than ever are college kids desperate to earn a living with a bleak future ahead. Hope you enjoy.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: cosmicexplorer
The one thing we need to remember that they don't tell you, is the FBI and CIA both recruit university students going abroad to spy on other countries for them.
So we have to look at both sides, but of course the FBI won't mention that fact.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: mark1167

oh im totally sure....good point too....I remember growing up always hearing how hard it was to recruit American citizens because of their high loyalty....Id be really interested in statistics on this but...we will never see that haha

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: cosmicexplorer

here's the alumni

top topics

join