It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stanley Kubrick Shoots the Moon

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Hi Guys,

I missed you! We've really enjoyed releasing weekly segments and having discussions with all of you at ATS, and hope to keep the conversation going well into the future. Our format is changing a bit to include focus on more current events and comedy segments, so we are going to start producing one conspiracy-related "super-segment" for Above Top Secret every month, but continue exploring other ideas on our own channel. Discussing fringe topics and waking up the masses in the most entertaining way possible will always be our bottom line, so please subscribe to the YouTube channel, leave us a comment and visit whenever you like!

For this week's segment, I spoke to Jay Weidner, one of the stars of the fantastic documentary Room 237, who discusses his beliefs that Stanley Kubrick faked the footage of the moon landing. There are lots of interesting twists and turns in the can of worms he opens up, and I can't recommend either Room 237 or Weidner's own film, "Kubrick's Odyssey," highly enough. Mr. Weidner turned me on to an amazing website at www.aulis.com that shows some impressive "parallax" photos that seem to prove that the distances portrayed are all wrong. This is an idea that I've found actually holds some water with people who roundly reject conspiracy theories--what do you guys think? Was Neil Armstrong really the first man to walk on the moon?

Bye TV,

Josh LeCash

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Notheycant

Your videos are always a treat, Josh, thanks for another good one. I didn't know about the Room 237 movie and I've put it at the top of my list.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Kubrick is a movie GOD.

i think he reveals the moon scam, via The Shining symbolism

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   

My eyes are wide shut on this thread.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Kubrick was a marvelous ground-breaking director(I love his work), but we are giving him too much credit for the supposed moon-landing hoax. For every great director, there is a great film editor and assistant director to help share the workload of film-making. Where are those individuals' claim of helping perpetuate the con. Great directors tend to work with the people that they know and trust. This is a nice story, but there is no credence to it. Now unless NASA or Kubrick's director notes or dailies show up, they maybe there is a conspiracy to fool the World.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

I didn't know about the Room 237 movie and I've put it at the top of my list.

Prepare to have your mind blown out with this documentary.
It's not only about Apollo missions, there are lots of hidden stuff embedded in Kubrick's works.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Cool video. Kubrick seemed to want to say "something" to his audience about the Apollo missions. Of course, if he were to partake in a hoax of this magnitude -- tying him to it would be rather impossible for an internet detective. Have you guys ever seen the comparison between his movie sets and the Apollo photos? How there's almost always a distinct difference between the foreground and an obvious line that separates the background. Check out this little read on it. It's pretty fascinating to speculate if he did indeed, have a hand in this production (supposed)

realitysandwich.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Great thread with awesome content

Where can I find Room 237 to view it? Is it on Youtube? I have searched on YT but they seem to be just clips lol

Many thanks indeed for great content.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
It was faked but not filmed by Kubrik (mainstream director) but most likely another guy , there was a really good thread about that on ats, a shame i can't find it anymore !

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Interesting stuff! Thanks for the links, I don't know what to think about faking moon landings honestly. I will try to enlighten myself more on the topic so I can have an educated discussion on the topic. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I am certain we landed on the moon and also certain a faked moon landing film was made. My thought is the faked moon landing was filmed as a "just in case" he moon landing goes bad and we want to save face by making it look as if we successfully landed. It was kind of a backup or insurance plan for the moon landing mission. Fortunately for us, the landing was successful and the faked video was not needed. There is ample evidence of our landing on the moon, from fairly detailed pics of the flag, rover, tracks, etc....

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
i just think something simple like, uhh,
we still debate these things (moon landing, jfk, santa etc)
because we're still in the dark on all this..
..uhh, there's a reason people don't entertain the flat earth conspiracy anymore
not so with these other events (except that santa thing, i was being a jackwagon)

they probably went to the moon, and those laser-reflectors are probably there doing what they do, hehe, but what we saw probably wasn't what they actually did (a bit like how they reflected that image of earth onto an interior wall and filmed that instead of the real thing)

it's like the confiscated footage of the pentagon attack and how they later release the supposed picture of the plane impact
it's like how they spread democracy and liberate the country they propped up in the first place
it's like how they make the phoney money
it's all kinda real & kinda bull# at the same time
(chorus)
..feel free to join in

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I truly enjoy these videos. Keep up the good work and keep them coming.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

Thanks! You can stream it on Netflix if you have an account with them. Or available for rent on itunes

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: cestrupI think Kubrick was making a social commentary of the US Gov't's treatment of Native Americans than a moon hoax. There was a lot of South-west American Indian artwork in the background scenes especially when Nicholson's character is throwing a rubber ball against the native backdrop. "Full Metal Jacket" was also a commentary on War and the US involvement in Vietnam. If Kubrick was going to say "something" to his audience about the Apollo mission, he would've set the record straight before he died.

top topics

join