It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burning hands?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I had a dream last week that keeps troubling me and I'm wondering if anyone might know if it has any meaning. In the dream I was outside with my dad and two brothers bbqing something for dinner. I get the sense the rest of my family (mom, everyone's spouses, and children) were waiting inside. The bbq was covered in a thin film of oil for some reason and became inflamed. No one moved to do anything like put it out and really just stood around perplexed. I opened the bbq and pulled off the meat because we needed to eat. I then looked down at my hands which had been burned and were leathery in appearance. I kept rubbing them somewhat confused as to why they burned.

I've googled burning hands a bit, but I don't quite relate to any of the meanings I've found and am wondering if anyone else has any ideas.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Saorsainn

Perhaps there will be an adverse event in your future?

I suggest keeping away from the grill this summer just to be on the safe side

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Are you familiar with the phrase "Getting your fingers burnt"?
Often your dreams will give you a literal interpretation of common idioms, I'm just not sure whether that particular one is just a UK thing or if it's something that has meaning to you.

Rescuing the meat from the barbecue would suggest providing for or looking after your family - however, in your dream nobody else seems particularly interested or worried about it.

It's your dream and your subconscious, so the question should really be what do these symbols mean to YOU?
I can only tell you what they mean to me and how I'd see it if it were my dream. However, my interpretation would be :

"Be careful interfering in family matters or trying to help out where you're not asked to. It may not be welcomed and you could end up getting your fingers burnt."

To take it a bit further, given that you're outside with the male members of your family and the females and children are inside, I'd take it to be specifically related to interfering in a split in the family or somebody's relationship difficulties.
The oil to me would signify "pouring oil on troubled waters". Another indication that the dream's about attempting to help smooth out problems or difficulties . . . but resulting in unexpected consequences for you.
edit on th000000102140 by Suzy0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   

I think your dream could have showed you something that is currently going on in your life.

You might be too close to a situation, which you shouldn't be, you should leave it alone or you could end up getting burned.
( Not actually burned, but more like in trouble. )
Sometimes dreams can have warnings for the future, this could be one like that.

Burning can be a symbol for danger, but it can also be cleansing.
Although in your case, here the fire in my opinion meant trouble.

Also symbols, elements have personal meanings to us. What does fire mean to you?
Are you having a problem with anyone in your family lately?

Two things that jumped out to me were: family related, and trouble,if you stick your fingers where they don't belong.

edit on 13/4/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

edit on 13/4/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: spelling

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Dreams don't usually mean anything. They are your mind putting out the trash. Why do you feel there needs to be a meaning to it.?

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

I'm not sure if the question about why there is meaning to this particular dream was a general "you" or specifically directed to the OP - so forgive me if I'm jumping in on something not intended for me.

Your analogy of your mind putting out the rubbish works brilliantly for me . . . although sometimes if you sift through that rubbish you may occasionally find some little treasure hidden away

The full purpose of dreaming is probably beyond us right now, but I do subscribe to the theory that for the most part it's just our brain sorting and filing away the ridiculous mass of data that our subconscious stores up over the course of a day.
If you mix that in with fantasies, hopes and fears from the conscious mind then its no wonder that we have so much weird stuff going on in our heads every night which like you say usually means nothing.

I think that on occasion though, even with that junk subconscious data, there may be something important or useful that our conscious mind just hasn't picked up on. Those IMHO are the dreams like the OPs that stick with you on waking and trouble you over the following days while you try to figure out what your subconscious is trying to tell you . . . and why I think the OPs dream may have a deeper meaning.
edit on th000000102140 by Suzy0 because: struggling to express what I mean without rambling off topic !!!

edit on thu102140 by Suzy0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Suzy0

I think something along these lines is what I would normally think this dream would be indicating. However, there are just not any current circumstances that really match up to this. We generally stay out of everyone's business as an unwritten rule. We might offer a few words of advice to one another here and there, but that is it.

Perhaps it has no meaning at all. It has stayed with me, so I'm wondering if there is something I am missing.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
double post, sorry.
edit on 13-4-2014 by Saorsainn because: double post

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Rainbowresidue

I think your dream could have showed you something that is currently going on in your life.

You might be too close to a situation, which you shouldn't be, you should leave it alone or you could end up getting burned.
( Not actually burned, but more like in trouble. )
Sometimes dreams can have warnings for the future, this could be one like that.

Burning can be a symbol for danger, but it can also be cleansing.
Although in your case, here the fire in my opinion meant trouble.

Also symbols, elements have personal meanings to us. What does fire mean to you?
Are you having a problem with anyone in your family lately?

Two things that jumped out to me were: family related, and trouble,if you stick your fingers where they don't belong.

edit on 13/4/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

edit on 13/4/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: spelling

I see fire as a symbol or strength, power, and passion. Danger is in there because fire is inherently dangerous, but I'm not sure where I rank that.

Perhaps I am sticking my hands in something where is is much opposition from somewhere because I believe it will support my family. My brothers and dad standing by and not doing anything like try to stop me would be normal. It is hard to change my mind once made up.

Hmmmm... I still don't know what it would apply to.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
Dreams don't usually mean anything. They are your mind putting out the trash. Why do you feel there needs to be a meaning to it.?

No, there doesn't have to be a meaning associated with the dream. I generally forget my dreams. For the ones that stick with me, I will usually look up common symbols in dreams and see how it relates to something in my life. I'm not really finding anything that sticks out, so I figured I ask for more opinions.

top topics

join