It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oath Keepers alert, patriots mobilizing, calling for "boots on the ground" at Bundy Ranch.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Update:
BREAKING NEWS: BLM ends roundup of Bundy cattle

LAS VEGAS -- The Bureau of Land Management has announced it will stop the roundup of cattle owned by rancher Cliven Bundy. The BLM says the animals have been illegally grazing on public lands for 20 years.

The BLM made the announcement Saturday morning, a week after rangers started gathering the animals from land near Gold Butte.

The agency says it is concerned about the safety of its employees and the public. Earlier this week, BLM officers and supporters of the Bundy family were involved in a scuffle. Cliven Bundy's son, Ammon Bundy, was tased twice by federal agents. Another woman said she was thrown to the ground by an officer.

With more Bundy supporters pouring in from around the country, safety concerns began to grow.

www.8newsnow.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Another live stream link.
www.ustream.tv...

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

hadriana
Looks like the town is behind the rancher.
This sorta adds some context and local perpective:

Thanks for posting that, I wish I could give your post a lot more than one star. I really like the guy who spoke on this video. He spoke from the heart, and Thomas Jefferson or Thomas Paine couldn't have said it better. And I really like that he seemed to have pretty unanimous agreement at the town meeting.

I don't know whether the rancher is in the right or wrong regarding the cattle grazing, but I totally agree with the guy on this video regarding the bigger picture. Watching this unfold I have been as horrified at the way the US federal government was acting and reacting as I was watching the events unfold that led up to the tragedies in Waco 20+ years ago or at Kent State University 50+ years ago.

I've been wondering when and where - or even if - people in this country would draw a line in the sand as the US seems to go further and further down this path toward a police state. As this unfolded, I thought maybe this was it. If I were closer, maybe I would have gone there.

As I was typing this post, it was announced that the BLM was leaving. I'm relieved, and all too aware of how close this came to going differently. When it was just the rancher and his family, this could have gone like Ruby Ridge. As the rancher got more local support, this could have gone like Kent State, or even like Waco. With the the militias, the Oath Keepers, and everyone else going there, knowingly risking their lives, this could have gone very badly. But it didn't, almost certainly because of all the people who did go there to stand with the rancher and draw a line in the sand against such governmental abuse of power. Seriously, 200+ armed federal rangers, helicopters, snipers, K-9 officers knocking down pregnant women, and people getting tased because they are protesting outside 'free speech zones?' In America? Over cattle grazing and unpaid grazing fees? This is insane!

This is a win for American citizens for now. But there are probably meetings going on right now at Homeland Security discussing this as confirmation of the government's worst fears about the dangers of 'domestic extremism.' In fact, the SPLC has apparently just designated the rancher a 'domestic extremist.' There are probably a lot of people calculating right now how to respond next time if the militias and the Oath Keepers show up, wherever and whenever the next time will be.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
They Call of the Cattle abductions..
Cut of Live feed..
Cut of communications from what i hear..

I doubt this is far from over , over here(South Asia) the authorities usually act like things are cooling down and the very next day they assault and remove the protesters , I have a feeling the same thing is being done IN Navada

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join