It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Newest Secret Society

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The modern age has inadvertently created a new Secret Society. The best one of all IMO. This site and others like it allow anyone to join and share opinions and information with no discrimination whatsoever. The rules are fairly simple, just common sense stuff. A staff of moderators keep a vigil on the threads to weed out the rule breakers.

Any thought you can have on any subject can be discussed. Even if it is the craziest thing ever to waste internet ink, other people can read the thoughts and respond or close the thread fast before their brain cells commit suicide. Having read over many forums for many years I assure you that whatever you post, someone out there is ready to believe you or has similar ideas or thoughts. They may not respond, but at least now they know they are not alone.

The forums allow us to share opinions on EVERYTHING. The latest news, new ideas, personal experiences….its all right here anytime day or night. No stated meetings, dress code, initiation cost….the pros far outweigh the cons. Unless you want people to know who you are, it is anonymous.

Whatever your faith, gender, ethnicity, educational background, disabilities….Does not matter, if you have thoughts, rational or not and want to share them or learn from other people that think along the same lines you do, or see other points of view, this is the right place.

With members all over the world, in all walks of life, how can information be suppressed anymore? If pictures or information leaks out these days, people with pen drives and other storage devices will never let information be completely wiped out anymore.

Do not let criticism stand in the way of posting. Everyone has an opinion, even mean people can make a good point. If you do not consider all points of view your really not learning anything.

It is very hard to share personal stories knowing there will be people picking apart every detail. This is a good thing, things need to be looked at from all sides. Learn from your mistakes if you made any and post / reply again. Remember there is always a little X on the browser that can make this all go away if you just can not deal with it.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Should there be a ceremony to make this official?

Not sure, I like to joke around, so I will start one off. Feel free to add cool, funny or serious things. If the moderators see this as a bad thing please delete it. It is for entertainment purposes only.

Welcome curious internet traveler, if you are prepared to expand your knowledge, have a few laughs and be a part of a world wide discussion feel free to click the Join link.

Create a screen name that reflects whatever you wish to represent you in your future endeavors on this site.

NOW GO!….Without delay and retrieve the email that will allow you to access this site and most of it’s features.

Now that your member you think your ready to start a thread?
I assure you that you need time to read over the forums and see what other members have been doing since long before you stumbled across it’s wealth of knowledge and stories.
Using the search feature to find what has been on your mind to see if others have already well addressed the subject is the path of a truly enlightened person. Reply or ask questions in those threads so that all readers can reference the same materials.

You may immediately after joining be able to go to the new members section of the main forum and start a new thread and tell us a little about yourself or just say hi.

After 20 replies you have become worthy of starting a thread if you have not been banned for misconduct. After 50 post you become worthy of using the chat feature. (I have yet to earn this privilege myself at the time of this post.)
Please enjoy yourself on the forum.

Just having a little fun with the entire thread.

edit on 10-4-2014 by Speculation because: typo

edit on 10-4-2014 by Speculation because: again with the typos...sheesh

edit on 10-4-2014 by Speculation because: Note to self, buy a new keyboard.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Well is it a good thing to accept "some" censorship in order to have a forum at all?
I for one have vague reservations over some aspects............Conditioning is pervasive and government sponsored....
They will take a decade or two.... to bring about a planned social engineering project.....
I tend to try to not get too dependant on any particular set of rules.........

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I don't mind reasonable rules, usually there are good reasons for all. Sites like this could not operate without rules and moderators willing to enforce them. Random trolls would make any thread unreadable.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
But there is no secret involved at all. Everything is out in the open, the rules are there governing this society. All society has to have rules in order to flourish. All of nature has rules for self governance, checks and balances. Because chatting in these sites is anonymous, it means that someone has to moderate them. If you said some of the stuff I hear here in public, you would be shunned or moderated by your peers. Social media is harder to moderate than normal life where society moderates things on a million on one basis..

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

The information on this site is not secret, can easily be found with a web search. Most of the members have to admit they would not speak of certain things they freely talk about on here. That's where sites such as this become somewhat a secret society. You have to join and obey the rules to keep your membership. Most secret societies members do not hide their affiliation with the order they are a member, just what they do when they meet. This is actually a reverse situation.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
A secret society on the internet? Worst "secret" society I've ever heard of.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Speculation
The modern age has inadvertently created a new Secret Society. The best one of all IMO. This site and others like it allow anyone to join and share opinions and information with no discrimination whatsoever.

The nature of secret societies is that they are secretive, exclusive, and have some sort of dogma. If it's public known, anyone can join, and lacks any real discernable dogma, then how is it a secret society?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Haniel

originally posted by: Speculation
The modern age has inadvertently created a new Secret Society. The best one of all IMO. This site and others like it allow anyone to join and share opinions and information with no discrimination whatsoever.

The nature of secret societies is that they are secretive, exclusive, and have some sort of dogma. If it's public known, anyone can join, and lacks any real discernable dogma, then how is it a secret society?

Often times "secret societies" are secretive because of the information that they hold, not so much who they are. In these modern times, especially in Western culture, almost anything is allowed to a certain degree as long as you're not actively hurting other people in a direct manner.

Hypothetically a forum or whatever online group could easily exist and be in a tier of "secret societies" or esoteric orders (they have tons of names) and still be feasible. It's all about the presentation and the end goal of the teachings.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Kroovistos

I'm going by the traditional definitions from the International Encyclopedia of Secret Societies and Fraternal Orders, the book Secret Societies: From the Ancient and Arcane to the Modern and Clandestine, and pretty much a dozen other guys. From the general trend, secrecy and exclusivity tend to be common requirements.

If that forum or online group is open and has all it's "secrets" available to the public, how is it secret? Regardless of presentation, it's all there.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Haniel

Remember that most languages are alive and change with the times!

What used to mean secret sometimes meant "for special people" rather than the modern definition of secretive.

You are 100% right that part of the "secret society" definition were groups that were underground to avoid public scrutiny.

The other part of the meaning, however, is protected knowledge as to not have "Higher Truths" become known by those that would not fully understand the truths and produce profanity.

I would so much consider them a secret society, per se, but a "secretive society" perhaps or a society of secrets. When you flip the wording around there's a lot more room without splitting hairs.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Speculation

Secret societies are secret. In reality there is no real way to know how many exist and the spheres of influence they have. The illuminati is largely misrepresented, Jay-Z started the whole idea to draw exclusive fame and camaraderie. He wore an Ordo Templi Orientis shirt briefly, but then changed the society to another one, he is lost, he doesn't really belong to any group, he does have ideas and does want to flourish in a collaborative environment, I mean he made a video about the internet being the wild west, he said we need to control it. The sphere of influence from Jay-Z's illusional group is comical.

The illumiati was basically a think tank, it was also a common name back then.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I fully agree with that 1! Truly awesome to have a devoted group that removes trolls, and useless threads! Too many sites I have been to, and am just disgusted by the trolling taking place. I'd start to write a post or reply, and be completely disenchanted by the trolls to even bother a reply to any serious responses!

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

I like your line of thought on that 1. But sadly, I have to disagree with the couple of decades comment. The whole net neutrality is about to throw everything off asap! And could lead to complete censorship in no time. Also, the social engineering projects have been going on for decades! Even your profile pic of tower 7 collapsing!? That was great success for them, no?

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

In theory, you are absolutely correct in this thread, and thought process! "I like" "very much" (borat voice of course).

join