It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth Always come out

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

You must be a smoker. Only smokers get heated when you tell them that.

Have another nail for your coffin.

Pics of smokers lungs (gross)
edit on 11-4-2014 by intrptr because: link

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Prove these are smoker's lungs and then pray you don't need a transplant

Are you really such an idiot as to believe that Doctor's would dare to transplant these things into non-smokers?????

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I cant believe it, started this thread yesterday and today in the daily mail that smoke vapor causes cancer.

It has the same ingredients as smoke machines and air conditioners.
Here is the link, they will lie and lie till they get the tax.

They did the same with smoking.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I never said people smoke bathroom cleaner, I said it affects the lungs of some people just like tobacco smoke affects some people.

I can smoke no problem but if Im in a room where bleach has been used I lose my breath quickly, thats a reaction to chemicals, people that lose their breath who smoke could just be having a reaction to chemicals.

Thats why smoking is bad for some people and not others.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Yeah the patches dont work they still leave you craving, they will do the same with e cigs, make them ineffective so people carry on smoking, they call it regulated and safe.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I not a smoker anymore and I know its all lies to raise revenue nothing more.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

I said the smoker pays higher premiums. That means they do get insured. It just costs them more because they are a higher risk.
Go ahead and smoke if your so convinced it won't hurt you. I know for a fact thaat I breath better now than I did when I smoked. I know for a freaking fact that smoking is bad for you because I've been there and done that. But you do as you please. When your kids are crying at your funeral what will you say to them ? Nothing that's what. You'll be DEAD. My mother refused to quit and she's dead now she only lived yo 62. . My dad on the other hand who smoked two packs of unfiltered camels a day quit cold turkey in 1968 and is a very healthy very active 87 years old now. Argue with those facts if you think you can.
SHEESH the lies smokers will tell themselves because they're too chicken to try and give it up. Or too petulant. I haven't quite figured out which. Even when I smoked I knew the dangers. How many times did I try to quit? Once. I just did it. It's been over two years and no one thought I'd ever quit. I don't crave them. I think they stink and move away from smokers.
edit on AMu30u0441506302014-04-11T09:06:06-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

I'm a plasma donor I know about alpha 1 deficiencies. That is hereditary not environmental.
The pain from the smoke did not happen when I started smoking though everyone coughs when they start and that should be a big fat clue. My lungs hurt after smoking for 40 years. They got better after just two weeks of non smoking.
I also save like $350.00 a month with cigs at $5.00 per pack and that's a lowball price because I live in the south near where they grow the stuff. In NY they're closer to $10.00 per pack. I can tell you right now you won't win this argument with me. Promise.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

I not a smoker anymore and I know its all lies to raise revenue nothing more.

Sorry, and why did you quit? Theres a list. Be honest.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Yeah the patches don't work they still leave you craving, they will do the same with e cigs, make them ineffective so people carry on smoking, they call it regulated and safe.

They do in fact work if used correctly. I know, the only reason I was able to quit was Nicoderm CQ. That and a will to finally be rid of the most insidious habit on the planet.

The hardest thing I ever did was quit smoking.

ETA: Any fool can smoke
edit on 11-4-2014 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I quit because I just got sick of being ripped off. They banned smoking in pubs years ago and I have never been in a pub since.

The reason for that, there was no way I was going to pay over £3 a pint and stand outside drinking it to have a smoke.

Stuff Them, and now pubs are shutting down in the UK at record levels.

OAPs who fought in WW2 were banned from smoking their pipes at the British Legion but the only place you can smoke and have a pint is in the Bar at the House Of Commons ( Arrogant Bastards) ban smoking from everyone else but themselves.

I have saw Drink do far worse damage than smoking not just to the drinker but their whole family, more people die with drink than smoking.
The majority of cancers come from eating meat 35% of all cancers is from eating meat smoking if I remember right they say is 20%, the biggest rise in cancers is oral cancer and mouth cancer followed by an explosion of womans cancer in their thyroid.

There are less smokers now than ever yet cancer rises year on year and the only thing that looks like overtaking it is diabetes.

I don;t deny that smoking could cause cancer, but no more than , fumes or chemicals, some chemicals in tobacco have been found in childrens food.

Where my complaint is, That out of all the dangers that cause cancer including plastic, smoking is taxed higher than any other product, it is nothing to do with health it is to do with the fact that smokers are hooked so they know its a cash cow.

Why not put tax on plastics that have cancer causing chemicals, because people will just use something else.

well that is what smokers have done, they have found vaping, and they are all out to demonize this so they can ban it and people hooked on nicotine will continue to smoke and pay the outragous tax.

Yes smoking is dangerous, christ drinking water now is dangerous as they recycle it over and over and we are drinking everyone elses medication.

Its the sheer fact that its because its a drug and people are hooked they rise and rise the tax, its disgusting and immoral.

I stopped pure and simple because I just refuse to be held to ransom by a morally bankrupt government, that its.

I have no cravings, but I enjoyed a smoke, I looked at the dangers and weighed them up, I looked at the dangers on meat and have been a vegetarian or over 20 years.

I gave it up because of the tax not health issues.

My dad and mum worked all their days, my dad worked right up till he died in an accident aged 75, he had to pay this tax all his life for what, just in case they made him ill, rubbish.

My dad was given tobacco at the age of 17 by the British Army in WW2 and then after he was hooked they tax him all his life on the drug they got him hooked.

Tobacco is a drug pure and simple all the rest is to try and justify the tax, and no mater how you try you cannot justify such a high tax on this one product, the only reason it is this high is because its a addiction and guarnteed income for governments.

Ban it now, outright ban if its that dangerous, they are lacking in their duty if they allow a product they claim kills to be on sale are they not, crooks the lot of them.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join