It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombie Apocalypse Survival - ATS Needs a Plan

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

dollukka
You need a perscope to see them without them seeing you. Store some cat pee and test if they come closer or go away

I just tape job applications all over me .. its zombie repellant. They literally RUN away... well as much as they can in those pants that are dragging the ground anyway. They kinda fast waddle away.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

Whew, that's a tough one...

Zombies or cat pee?
Zombies or cat pee?
Zombies or cat pee?

OK I'll go with the zombies.

edit on 961pm0000pm52014 by Bassago because: zombie ate my spellchecker

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Sorry man...i thought it was in the survival forum at first.
I like general chit chat...will quit being the wet blanket....carry on.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Coffee and bullets make up 60% of my Bug out bag. A zombie may, just may be hard to fathom or come by but the massive amount of lost sheeple running around after a major crisis won't be. Prepping for one is as good as the other.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by batcrapcrazy

Coffee and bullets make up 60% of my Bug out bag. A zombie may, just may be hard to fathom or come by but the massive amount of lost sheeple running around after a major crisis won't be. Prepping for one is as good as the other

CDC agrees with you on that one.

CDC Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse

After hearing about your BOB I think I'm light on coffee and heavy on ammo. Will readjust.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

lol, my son and I, when we stayed with my dad in his house for a while, used to plot out what we'd do in case of a zombie apocalypse. It's actually a small mansion built into the side of a mountaintop with 40 acres of prime ag land below it. Nearly all the windows are well above ground level, the front doors are super reinforced and those few windows that actually are reachable from ground wouldn't be hard to block. Just the position of the house was great though because the mountain is so steep that it'd be hard to imagine shuffling zombies making it up there en masse. Maybe one or two industrious zombies but not hordes. And it all sits above a small city that could be good for supply runs. Win! Son and I both have had martial arts training plus fencing. Double win because that means no ammo runs.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I am wondering what the best way to reinforce windows and access points would be.Do Zombie's have super-human strength?
Can Zombie's read minds? Are they attracted to light? Do they have acute hearing?
I admit I haven't studied Zombie's thoroughly enough- I've always focused more on the human element.

I have a years supply of coffee on hand. I heard the price will be going up, so I stocked up.
I also have a baseball bat, and I know how to use it.
edit on 3u55America/Chicago301 by nugget1 because: Correct spelling

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
This guy feels that pet food shouldn't be forgotten. Makes sense considering everyone will ransack the local markets.

Link

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

nugget1
I am wondering what the best way to reinforce windows and access points would be.Do Zombie's have super-human strength?
Can Zombie's read minds? Are they attracted to light? Do they have acute hearing?
I admit I haven't studied Zombie's thoroughly enough- I've always focused more on the human element.

I have a years supply of coffee on hand. I heard the price will be going up, so I stocked up.
I also have a baseball bat, and I know how to use it.
edit on 3u55America/Chicago301 by nugget1 because: Correct spelling

Subfloor wood.. the thick kind. Screws not nails. Outside of the frame on the outside of the house.. never the inside. Hatchet or axe in the attic. I figure if it works for hurricanes it should work for zombies.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
My 'plan' .... I"m watching Walking Dead. I'm making note of the stupid things that people do that get them killed and I make it my plan not to do those things.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

rangerdanger
While you're at it, make a plan for a unicorn invasion as well.
Or maybe Santa's Elves.

Instead of wasting time "preparing" for a fictional scenario, why don't you develop a plan of action in case you lose power for an extended time.
Or an earthquake.

I bet your imaginative story time for the kids is absolutely riveting.

which owners manual is their favorite?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I am sure a kick in the pills might still work?
Not sure about the females though.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

FlyersFan
My 'plan' .... I"m watching Walking Dead. I'm making note of the stupid things that people do that get them killed and I make it my plan not to do those things.

I was disappointed Carl didnt get eaten yet.
Merl should have survived.
Its sort of like a soap opera.. with zombies.
... and dont these people know you shouldnt eat that rabbit until AFTER the first frost?? Darryl is gonna get worms.. Tularemia... Rabbit fever...

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Actually, John Ringo did a story about a "Zombie Apocalypse" that seems fairly plausible. It is also just a good read. John Ringo Under a Graveyard Sky

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by Akragon

Yeah, I hate fast zombies too. I'll let the posters decide though. If we need to be specific how about medium speed, not the shufflers and not the real fast ones either.

Your best bet:

- a sword. Nothing heavy or too long. a katana would be nice. A machete works, too. It needs to either be very sharp, or heavy enough to allow for hack and slash
- a governor. The .45/410 combo is specacular. Or just a sawed off 12 gauge, since 410 shells are more rare
- ak-47. Easy to dismantle/clean. Fairly easy round to find. Easy to rig and fix when it breaks. Very realiable, tested tens of thousands of times over on the battlefield. a tried and true automatic rifle
- compound bow. Small enough to carry on your back, powerful enough to bring down the biggest man/zombie
- a decent pocketknife, preferrably assisted open. Spyderco is great, but the metal is so hard it can be brittle. And the sharpening angles are impossible without a machine. Go with something more like a Benchmade.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

And it all sits above a small city that could be good for supply runs. Win! Son and I both have had martial arts training plus fencing. Double win because that means no ammo runs.

That sounds pretty good. I'm not into martial arts and without leather or kevlar would get bit to pieces. Ammo though, no problem or need for runs for quite a while. Probably have to ditch some so I can carry more coffee. I'll drop it at your place on the way by.

When you run into the city for supplies I'll be at Costco if the marina is swarmed. You can recognize me by the mask.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I bet your imaginative story time for the kids is absolutely riveting.

which owners manual is their favorite?

Okay, you owe me a new keyboard... that was hilarious.

I'm actually scratching my head at the number of posters on ATS today who are displaying just how much their sphincters are wound up tighter than a snare drum...

Is it a full moon tonight or something ?

WTH ?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

And this.
www.budkcatalog.com...

I got the husband one for Christmas year before last.. pretty cool really. Useful in a variety of situations.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

that is pretty darned cool.

Maybe replace the katana with it, if need be. They'd serve a similr purpose.

Battle axe, ca 2014.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

If you are prepared for a zombie apocalypse, you are prepared for any apocalypse.

Bring on the zombies!

Oh yeah, call me Governor beez!
edit on 9-4-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join