It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holder: We Want to Explore Gun Tracking Bracelets

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

neo96
reply to post by HauntWok

Was there a point ?

So 5 videos 'prove' that most guns 'don't' follow strict safety protocols ?

So what about the other 299.999,995 million guns in this country ?

Based on consolidated information from the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, there are about 300 millions guns in the United States.

www.gunfaq.org...
edit on 7-4-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

What she failed (again) to articulate was how a tracking bracelet would have prevented any of those Darwin Awards from being won.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   

minusinfinity
I know my opinion won't be popular on this website but I don't care.

If you own a weapon and use it legally why do you care if somebody 'tracks' you or whatever?

If you plan to stage an uprising or rob a bank or do some other stupid thing with your weapon that is the only reason you should worry.

If you plan to hunt or go target shooting then I don't think you have much to fear.

I look at the state of this country and I think it's time to crack down on some of the lunatics who own weapons. I know, I know if I'm worried about the criminal owning a gun I should go buy a gun. (rolling my eyes.)

By that logic if I worry about a suicide bomber I should strap bombs to my ass and blow him up first. Or what about the airline hijacker, should I take control of the plane before the 'terrorist'?

Where does it stop? Knife Control Bracelets? Hammer Control Bracelets? 4x4 Wooden Beam Control Bracelets?

A gun is a simple tool, and like any tool it can be misused. The fact is that guns are actually far more difficult to obtain than the standard kitchen knife. If we're going to start banning / tracking dangerous tools, you would be naive to believe that guns are the biggest offenders when it comes to violent crimes. Sounds to me like you've been completely brainwashed by anti-firearm propaganda, so much so that you're literally paranoid when it comes to firearms.

I wonder, how calm are you when you visit a stranger's home? Or even a friend's home? Are you aware there lurks, there in the kitchen drawer, a deadly killer weapon, responsible for hundreds of millions of deaths, since the beginning of mankind?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

beezzer
All registration and tracking does is make it easier when they decide to take the guns away.

Since when does a criminal register or submit to tracking?

I didnt read much past this comment, but I had to say something after reading it.
I hear that rhetoric alot. And while I understand and agree with what your saying. I ask: Since when does a law abiding citezen register their guns or submit to tracking?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Chickensalad

beezzer
All registration and tracking does is make it easier when they decide to take the guns away.

Since when does a criminal register or submit to tracking?

I didnt read much past this comment, but I had to say something after reading it.
I hear that rhetoric alot. And while I understand and agree with what your saying. I ask: Since when does a law abiding citezen register their guns or submit to tracking?

There are countless states that have you register your weapons. FOID cards, CNC cards.

Having a chip or bracelet to track a registered weapon?

Why?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Tracking bracelets seem stupid. Besides that, 3d printing is making it possible for anyone to own a weapon without a permit. The price of 3d printers will come down unless the technology is outlawed for this very reason.

It's better to try and figure out ways to live in a world where everyone has access to guns, than to try and legislate them out of everyones hands. Technology is making sure that will never happen.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by LowTechRedneck

Now that I can get behind.

Like a car, when a gun is misused, it can be not just dangerous, but lethal.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

What she failed (again) to articulate was how a tracking bracelet would have prevented any of those Darwin Awards from being won.

1. I'm a man.

2. Tracking bracelets won't work. I've stated that several times in this thread, but let's just go on assuming right? Cause we all know that just assuming things makes you look like a genius!

Now if you excuse me, I got to go put some cold water on that "burn" you gave me. Ohh wow, how it hurts /sarcasm

Gun laws don't prevent crime, all they do is allow prosecutors to better go after people who commit crimes. You could outlaw death, people will still die.

The asinine argument the pro gun crowd always uses is "more gun laws don't prevent crime"

NO law prevents crime, what it does is allow for the punishment OF said crimes. This argument is vapid, stupid, pointless, retarded, moronic, and idiotic.

Yes, you can use a car to kill someone too, they don't try to outlaw cars now do they? But what have they done instead? They have mandated things that make cars safer on the road. Seat belts, safety glass, airbags, crumple zones etc. Helping YOU the occupant survive in the event of an accident.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by minusinfinity

If you own a weapon and use it legally why do you care if somebody 'tracks' you or whatever?

It's not "somebody" that tracks you, it's the government and protection from a tyrannical government or a usurpation motivated faction within government is exactly why the second Amendment exists in the first place.

The second Amendment does not exist so you can go to the range once a week or bag a deer in September and while those are activities we can enjoy because the Amendment exists, it is not the primary purpose of the Amendment.

Some study in American history, primarily the founding of America and the hard fought liberation from the throne should give you some idea about why the founding fathers thought it necessary to include the second Amendment in the bill of rights and some further study into dictatorships now and in the past, how they were formed and what consequences they brought to the population of their respective countries should enlighten you too why it's so important for us to keep and cherish our second Amendment.

edit on 8-4-2014 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Does anyone realize that these bracelets aren't "Tracking" devices. as the OP says? I didn't read the whole thread, but I found the video where Holder mentioned this. It's NOT a bracelet with tracking technology, it's a bracelet the user wears to prevent others from using the gun. In other words, the shooter must be wearing the gun or else it doesn't work.

Nothing "tracking" about it...

Holder: "The gun talks to a bracelet you might wear" so that the gun can only be used by the wearer of the bracelet. This would reduce stolen guns being used in crimes.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Right... The government would never exploit an electronic device that could divulge personal information... They would never collect metadata on our cell phones, they would never hack the computers of our members of the press or Congress... And of course they would never use an RFID bracelet that communicates with firearms for tracking purposes...

The only person that will fail to grasp the above text, is Dr. Sheldon Cooper... Or those with an agenda...

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

And Holder obviously has an agenda.

Holder claims 'vast amount' of discretion in enforcing federal laws.

Who would trust what anything he has to say.

He has 'vast amounts of discretion enforcing the 'laws'.
edit on 8-4-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
So what's the endgame for proponents of registries and tracking? Seriously. I've asked this a thousand times and have yet to get a single answer.

Hypothetical:

I have an FOID and a registered gun. That gun goes missing, stolen or whatever. I report it. Two months later that gun shows up at a crime scene. How did the registry help?

Second hypothetical:

I'm a criminal who couldnt pass a background check if my life depended on it. I need to smoke some fools for disrespekin' me. After some phone calls and a bus ride to the ghetto cross town I am able to pick up a broke ass revolver for $200 from a guy I spent time with. That Saturday I run into the disrespekin' foo' at the spot and bus' a cap in his azz.

How did the registry help?

Really explain it to me like I'm four years old. How does the registry help prevent, deter, or even prosecute crime?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

minusinfinity

Because I"m a law abiding citizen .. not a criminal.
Make the criminals go through the hassle of being tracked.
Not us folks who have done nothing wrong.

The gov't doesn't need to know.
Too much power in the hands of the gov't is a bad thing.
It's for our own protection not to be tracked.
edit on 4/8/2014 by FlyersFan because: brain fart

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Really explain it to me like I'm four years old. How does the registry help prevent, deter, or even prosecute crime?

They can't.

Registering, and tracking.

Let's take the REAL WORLD examples we have to look at.

GunWalker, and Fast and Furious.

All regisitered, and so called tracked.

Neither stops the criminal element.

And giving the biggest criminal in the country (government) the ability to is pure darwin award.
edit on 8-4-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

HauntWok
reply to post by neo96

That was 5 videos, and several news articles to prove the point. That was just a random sampling of the tens of thousands of articles and videos. I didn't even put in the videos where they actually SHOW the person killing themselves.

So when you say that most gun owners follow strict safety protocols. I just have to laugh. I'm amazed there's not even MORE of this stupidity happening.

There's two things that don't mix well at all. Guns and Alcohol. Mix those two with idiots who think that the Declaration of Independence is their personal licence to kill. And you get a cluster # of stupidity.

Let's not forget all the mass killings that have happened in this country over the years. PLEASE LET'S NOT FORGET THOSE! These things happen and they can't continue to be ignored.

Why don't you visit the Posse Commitatus forum and see the misuse and abuse of guns that won't be tracked and are suppose to be for "public safety."

You seem to have a lot of hate going on there mixing guns, alcohol and the Declaration of Independence. The only thing you've shown is that THOSE people have shot THEMSELVES.

How does a tracking ID or bracelet ensure that a gun owner DOESN'T shoot him/herself?

Answer: It doesn't.

Your use of mass killings as a reason for tracking reeks of MSM propaganda. It's the exact same emotionally charged garbage that the MSM feeds the idiot American masses to enact gun restrictions, and push for this tracking crap. Seriously, know your statistics about gun violence and violence crime in general. (Hint: Violent crime has been on the decline for a couple decades now.)

You have been given PLENTY of examples of what tracking is really used for. However, you keep bringing up nebulous arguments. Tracking guns won't keep you safe. As MANY ATSers have already pointed out the VAST majority of law abiding gun owners aren't mass shooters and aren't out committing crimes.

Yet, your emotionally charged ignorance seems to matter more than the actual facts do. I'm so glad human beings are ceasing to make decisions and laws on facts and more on emotion. THAT'S what we need more of in the USA - highly charged emotional decision/law making driven by MSM propaganda.

edit on 8-4-2014 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The thing is they are not worried about us killing one another at all heck they probably enjoy it. The reasoning for this endless monitoring and gun grabbing is to keep these criminals from facing karma in the form of bullets sent their way in retaliation hence the reason we have a second amendment. If you notice the more corruption that runs rampant the more they encroach on our rights. Absolutely Orwellian , when will the people pass a bill for once in our own best interest? How about we chip all these fake politicians with a tracking device equipped with a microphone ? Of course the right and left would strike that one down after all none of them work for us. This corporate farce bankers pawn of a government has gone rogue.
edit on 8-4-2014 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by WCmutant

Yet another one that hasn't bothered to read my thoughts on this throughout this thread. Score one for willful ignorance once again!

Hmm repeat myself several times for those too lazy to bother reading through the thread to make sure they aren't talking out of their posteriors, or chuckle with delight at how I've already answered these questions?

tee hee

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
People dont want to be tracked

Theyre Chains. People dont like chains.
edit on 8-4-2014 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

minusinfinity

Bassago
reply to post by minusinfinity

I know my opinion won't be popular on this website but I don't care.

If you are an American and "don't care" about the Constitution that's just disgusting.

Maybe we need trackers on every supporter of unconstitutional ideals in the US. For their own good of course, if you're not doing anything wrong why would you care?

Feel free to track me.

I care about the constitution and people should be free to carry a weapon. I'm just saying people should be checked out and maybe monitored before they walk around carrying high power weapons.

Again if you don't intend to kill somebody or do something crazy why be concerned?

More to the point. WIll police and anyone in any sort of power be required to wear this technology ? The answer being no ! If it's not fit for them, its' not fit for us.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

neo96

'Big brother' only wants to get more Orwellian.

There you go! That's what it's all about. They're not interested in banning guns (not right away, anyway). Guns are too useful to them right now. Gun violence gives them an excuse to do all that big brother garbage.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join