It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newbies. Before you start threading...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
If it might help a bit? If you go to the New page, scroll down quickly to fully open it, and hit ctrl-f to do a page wide search for text? You can type in just a word or two and see everything likely related to it, and get a feel of how closely related, if there are duplicates of overall area of interest.

Like a breaking story on Russia or Putin, or where both are in the headline? I do the above for searching and type in Russia, Russian, and Putin in 3 different ctrl-f searches. If that doesn't pick up the related thing to find what's there? Someone else needs to work on their titles, if not directly quoted without the key points or something.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Hello again Wrabbit2000...you are right of course. I think it could all be nipped in the bud if we all just stop using the TERM "search" which directs the inquiry into different directions with sometimes less desirable results.

If we could just begin to direct folks to "Check in the NEW THREADS section before you create a new one! It may have already been started, you know!? It'll save you the effort and re-directing."

At that point? If we could throw in the "searching function" too? I think it would be super helpful to those who want their voices heard but letting them know there is already threads started.

Thank you Wr2000.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I just noticed they (admin I guess) has updated the search function to the old search engine however they have updated the look of the search page as well. Saves me from going to my bookmarks for it.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

I used it once already.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I'm finding it difficult to create threads. I click on 'New Thread' and the page loads without the text box and it's just a black gray background. Because of this I've ended up creating 2 intro topics. I may be missing something or ATS doesn't like me very much!

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jonwhite866

You have to have 20 posts to be able to write a thread, Jon. 20 posts go fast, you're already at 14. Putting threads in the introduction might get closed down as it's for intros mainly.

Just reply here and there to people that greeted you and you'll reach 20 in a flash.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SonoftheSun

Cool, man! Thank you for your help.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I will keep this in mind

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Thank you for the link Grimpachi.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I will try not to make any duplicate threads. I have spent a lot of time looking for a story like mine but have not found it yet. I should add on an unrelated note you characters have some unusual avatars.

<< 1   >>

join