It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slow motion life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I really hope this isn't already posted or in the wrong forum, forgive me if I'm wrong!

I wanted to share this, I'm on a phone and can't embed anything, but I believe some of you might like to have a look at an amazing time lapse video.

vimeo.com...

It's a beautiful view of coral critters and other sea life that don't really seem to move when you just look at them. Sometimes we move so fast it's easy to overlook the slow things.

If there's an embed function for Vimeo or someone else could help that'd be cool, but in the meantime check it out!

edit on 31-3-2014 by Mapkar because: Added link to actual video rather than link to article, about article about video.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Is this the same vid?

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Not quite! But that's also quite neat!

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mapkar

There is unfortunately no Vimeo embed function but I can assure all members that this video is worth watching at least once. This is the most breath-taking, colourful, psychedelically mindbending video of marine life I have ever seen. It is quite literally "Jaw On The Floor" quality. 150,000 RAW images were used in the making of this short but powerful masterpiece. Click, sitback, end enjoy.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Mapkar

The world is so interesting because everything is relative, at the scale of the universe everything that happened on the human scale is merely a couple seconds, if even a spark. Again, as above so below
S+F

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mapkar

Awesome. I saw the show about life under the ice a while back.

Was wondering how long these life forms live?

Really slowly. I bet they could teach us about patience.

Edit to add:

Some more time-lapse of critters and ice in here.

edit on 31-3-2014 by intrptr because: YouTube

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MrMaybeNot

You're right! It's easy to overlook the fact that our own existence is very minor in the grand scheme of things. As I watched this I imagined those creatures experiencing the world at their own pace, one that's much slower than our own, I began to wonder how some things might view us moving at such a slow pace. It's all relative really, and that's ingeniously interesting.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Mapkar

Quite wonderful. Thank you!

F&S&

top topics

join