It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aging Successfully Reversed in Mice; Human Trials to Begin Next

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Scientists have successfully reversed the aging process in mice according to a new study just released. Human trials are to begin next, possibly before the year is over.

The study was published in the peer reviewed science journal Cell after researchers from both the U.S and Australia made the breakthrough discovery. Lead researcher David Sinclair of the University of New South Wales says he is hopeful that the outcome can be reproduced in human trials. A successful result in people would mean not just a slowing down of aging but a measurable reversal.

The compound the mice ate resulted in their muscles becoming very toned, as if they’d been exercising. Inflammation, a key factor in many disease processes, was drastically reduced. Insulin resistance also declined dramatically and the mice had much more energy overall. Researchers say that what happened to the mice could be compared to a 60 year old person suddenly having the muscle tone and energy of someone in his or her 20s.

Aging Successfully Reversed in Mice; Human Trials to Begin Next

I believe i might have read about this on ATS before , however i am not sure if the experiment was confirmed as this article claims.

I would also like to Add That whoever published this Article did not do a very good job of explaining how this works, so naturally i am indeed a bit skeptical.

So ill present it to you ATS ....your thoughts ?

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

Not going to matter, FDA will never pass it...we can't even get cancer killing drugs to pass FDA approval let alone some age reversing drug. Put that on the shelf with the other free energy devices...

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Not for me. I can't wait to get off this train wreck of a planet. I'd like to be reborn as a Na'vi on Pandora.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Great study. Here's a more scientific source and explanation of it.
inhabitat.com...

The fact this study is 2 months old and has never reached the light of MSM worries me. I'm guessing human trials will never be brought to light.

I'm wondering about NAD supplements tho....

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Love the idea but i concur with above poster. It won't get to the public domain. We're over-crowded as it is.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Excellent article!
NAD is a chemical produced naturally by the body.....what the article doesn't say is how they are producing the NAD. Is it a synthetic form?
Man made chemicals always come with adverse side effects, unfortunately.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

So sixty is the new twenty? Good. I don't know why there are no professional baseball players in their fifties at least (fifty? that would be the new ten).

Here's a Wikipedia page on NDA. So would taking Niacin supplements, and more of the two amino acids, make the years start going backwards? Happy UnBirthday to you, Happy UnBirthday to you...

en.wikipedia.org...

In organisms, NAD+ can be synthesized from simple building-blocks (de novo) from the amino acids tryptophan or aspartic acid. In an alternative fashion, more complex components of the coenzymes are taken up from food as the vitamin called niacin. Similar compounds are released by reactions that break down the structure of NAD+. These preformed components then pass through a salvage pathway that recycles them back into the active form. Some NAD+ is also converted into nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADP+); the chemistry of this related coenzyme is similar to that of NAD+, but it has different roles in metabolism.[/unquote]
edit on 31-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
So we get to be forever young. That's a relief. There's loads of stuff on my bucket list but there wasn't enough time to do it all. Thanks for posting. Time to re-write my goal-list for the next 500 years.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Which age/decade of life would be considered optimal?

I'm sure many would have varying opinions on that.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Text Happy UnBirthday to you, Happy UnBirthday to you...

Happy unbirthday he says !

Brilliant!!!

Hahaha

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Some people think they can do a nice roleplay of God. Pmsl

For those of you that think reveraing the aging process is a good idea I am assuming you are of the 1% .
The other 99% dont stand a chance of getting it.

It's a bit luke the 99% funding the space explorations hanging on every word they say when they are talking about trying to repopulate other planets ha ha
The 1% will be those trying to leave while standing on the 99% to get there.

The 99% are blinded and deluded if rhey thonk they have a look in. Not that you should want to anyway.

Have faith.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I knew of a chemical before this that did almost the same thing. You can buy it from research chemical suppliers. Not sure this is anything but that original chemical.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Cool...I'll be a test subject.

Arnold Schwarzalphabet and Sylvester Stallion have both been taking Amino acids and muscle growth suppliments for the past 50 years, and they still both look like they are in their 20s..........

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

gort51

Arnold Schwarzalphabet and Sylvester Stallion have both been taking Amino acids and muscle growth suppliments for the past 50 years, and they still both look like they are in their 20s..........

Schwarzenegger looks good for his age and looks natural, Stallone on the other hand looks like he's had lots of surgery, just like his mum....his face looks stiff and 'plastichy'.

It has been proven that if you eat a healthy diet, do moderate exercise, don't smoke and don't drink in excess then you store your NAD for longer and thus look younger for longer, without supplements. I know people that are a living proof of that.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

gort51

Ehhhm, Have you seen them lately? They look about like Mickey Rourke... Plastic and saggy.

I would like to stay young but I don't wanna look like Bruce Jenner or Pamela Anderson. That's just grotesque.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

So are we ready to become immortals??..ahh forget the "we" part" we" will never have that type of millions.. I was soo looking fwd to travelling to Alpha Centuari .. "sigh"

edit on 31-3-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
ooppss..
edit on 31-3-2014 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I can't begin to imagine the long-term side effects, not only physically, but psychologically. Then again, in some distant future, fountain of youth pills might come to replace daily vitamins. Very interesting study. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

cyrennx
I can't begin to imagine the long-term side effects, not only physically, but psychologically. Then again, in some distant future, fountain of youth pills might come to replace daily vitamins. Very interesting study. Thanks for sharing.

Who cares??

just give me more life now.... let's worry about the side effect after I gained my extra 30 or 40 years.... by then they will have cured the side effects anyway!

Korg.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

jazz10
Some people think they can do a nice roleplay of God. Pmsl

For those of you that think reveraing the aging process is a good idea I am assuming you are of the 1% .
The other 99% dont stand a chance of getting it.

It's a bit luke the 99% funding the space explorations hanging on every word they say when they are talking about trying to repopulate other planets ha ha
The 1% will be those trying to leave while standing on the 99% to get there.

The 99% are blinded and deluded if rhey thonk they have a look in. Not that you should want to anyway.

Have faith.

Have you forgotten how long the Jewish elders were reported to live?

Really, you don't see such long lives ascribed to anybody else. Since there are clear signs in the Sumerian texts that some sort of genetic manipulation was going on even in antiquity, I've assumed for years now that Ea Nudimmud had turned the aging gene to "off" for his "chosen" elites.

I think pretty much the same thing is going to happen this time around too. Only the elites or the very rich will have this available to them. The masses will find the procedure far too expensive.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join